• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought the Xbox Series X, so...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Why are people so worked up about a HighPoly thread? Don't think they are an astrotufer, that's just how the user posts lol.
I sincerely hope everyone looks at who defaults to "astroturfer." Look at their names. These people see an obviously genuine gamer just excited about a new system and their only response is to call them a professional paid liar. Its truly unhinged.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
with a roller
Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

REDRZA MWS

I think it has to do with post history. Its a bit suspect if you add it up. Dimisses potential quality of new UC/TLOU3 graphics because Hellblade 2, dismisses Wolverine game..

And then buying a console based on TBA projects is never good advice, imo. At the same time he complains about Sony not showing future projects. Each to their own but as I said, its a bit weird.
I understand you. I don’t know, to me checking post history’s is a bit weird too. I cannot stand fanboy bullshit from any side. Keeps coming back to why can’t we just play video games, have fun, and keep conversations positive about the hobby we all love.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I sincerely hope everyone looks at who defaults to "astroturfer." Look at their names. These people see an obviously genuine gamer just excited about a new system and their only response is to call them a professional paid liar. Its truly unhinged.

It’s absurd. OP makes the most innocuous post about buying a game console, and posts it in a gaming forum. Must be a paid shill.

average-fan-fan-vs-enjoyer.gif

Well guys, I'm expecting to play ClockWork Revolution, Hellblade 2 and maybe some Activision games, Spyro and Crash!

I decided console because I don't see Cloud as a way to feel the best gaming experience...
Nothing better than playing games on OLED TVs...

Well, I'm waiting for Gears of War 6, FABLE, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark and some new announcements by Bethesda like a QUAKE Reboot, or The Evil Within 3.

Let me dream... I know, but I confess I'm waiting for another CONKER game, like, playing split screen with friends the Local MP.

So that's my reasons to buy a Xbox console!

Let's talk
You sort of inspired me and earlier today I said fuck it. I got some extra money this holiday and recently got a promotion/raise so I've got a little extra cash right now so I went to target (had a $50 GC) and grabbed a Series X again. Plus I returned my Portal/Pulse earbuds so that's another $430 back.

I don't need it and it is redundant considering I have a equivalent PC (5600x/3060ti) but it will be nice to not have to move my pc back and forth between my desk and tv stand for games I want to play on a big screen.

Plus I'll get some GP use out of it and some good old BC.

Edit: I've owned multiple Series X/S since they came out but got rid of mine because it felt redundant about a year ago.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
You sort of inspired me and earlier today I said fuck it. I got some extra money this holiday and recently got a promotion/raise so I've got a little extra cash right now so I went to target (had a $50 GC) and grabbed a Series X again. Plus I returned my Portal/Pulse earbuds so that's another $430 back.

I don't need it and it is redundant considering I have a equivalent PC (5600x/3060ti) but it will be nice to not have to move my pc back and forth between my desk and tv stand for games I want to play on a big screen.

Welcome to the family.

V99s1p7.jpg

Elginer

Welcome to the family. It's my main console with my Series S in my bedroom. While I have every console (Switch/PS5) I main Xbox due to the controller, quick resume and awesome deals thanks to Game Pass. I'm looking forward to Microsoft coming out with some bangers in the next few years. For me Avowed and Fable are my big draws and hopefully an amazing return to Perfect Dark.

Hawke502

OP mentioned he is a brazilian, and people here may not understand but being brazilian he made 100% the right decision. One month of gamepass here is R$ 40 while the common price of a release game is R$ 350.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Banjo64 Banjo64

I think you were right.
I’m not sure what you mean. I simply love my Xbox Series X with Game Pass Ultimate, the best value deal in all of gaming. With Quick Resume, the Velocity Architecture and true RDNA 2 feature set I buy all of my multi-platform games on Xbox. For the small price of £479 you too could play the latest classics like Conker’s Bad Fur Day.

I am obviously a genuine gamer, just like my compatriots Solo King Robert and the rest of the merry Neo GAF crew.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OP mentioned he is a brazilian, and people here may not understand but being brazilian he made 100% the right decision. One month of gamepass here is R$ 40 while the common price of a release game is R$ 350.

Nope, you are wrong. He is a paid assassin sent by Phil Spencer himself to turn the tide on neogaf!

The war will be won by sending out neogaf members with Mario avatars!

Also, can I just say...gamepass is really great, have you played games like cocoon?

Try it now for the low low price of something a month and you can play $9000 dollars worth of entertainment, today!

looks under pillow for papa Phil money....

damn! What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Edit: I've owned multiple Series X/S since they came out but got rid of mine because it felt redundant about a year ago.
Download Rare Replay, as there is no PC version.

Welcome to the family.

V99s1p7.jpg

twilo99

It’s absurd. OP makes the most innocuous post about buying a game console, and posts it in a gaming forum. Must be a paid shill.

average-fan-fan-vs-enjoyer.gif

I'm a member of a few hardware forums, I've seen the AMD vs Intel , MS vs Apple, Nvidia vs. AMD, TV brands... not to mention the car forums.. oh man do people get defensive, but I've never seen anything like what goes on here when you mention that you like anything related to xbox. It's amazing, and I find it rather entertaining, but really..

Apple and BMW fan boyism is the closest thing I can think of

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Rare as a whole is so incredibly unappealing in every way to me. I've never played a single Rare game that I enjoyed but thanks for the suggestion.
I can relate, especially if you're a PC gamer. I enjoy a couple of their games, but the only Rare game that I truly enjoy is Sea of Thieves, which I find brilliant.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I bought it for the 4th or 5th time when it was on sale at $350. I’ve already returned mine back to the store. They tweaked the dashboard but it still feels stale. No console exclusives still. Right now, Xbox is in a very bad place imo. It’s the worst console to own because there are no exclusive benefits to owning it. Rn, it’s just inferior to its competitors and pc. You buy a Nintendo console because of its console exclusives which are only found on the switch barring piracy. You buy a ps5 for its exclusives and its controller features. You buy a pc to run everything at better settings than consoles with mods. Before I returned my Xbox series x back to the store, I was playing a lot of Halo MCC. However, I saw it on sale at steam for cheap and I can play it on both my pc & steam deck. Cloud saves ensure that my experience carries over between both devices making it seamless. Microsoft need to give Xbox an identity because gamepass is not it.
If you don't have on its the perfect console to own. Were a niche many households and caves can only support of own 1 system. Outside the NEOGAF influence of us nerds an XBOX is a great purchase. When you have multiple means to game it falls flat, but it's still got great hardware. Microsoft just needs to get real games and not Halo 15, Gears 8 etc.. We need new original IP's with AAA potential to jolt them into NextGEN

Rockman33

Congrats! Xbox/Ps on a OLED is an amazing hassle free experience! Especially the quick resume as many have pointed out.

Fabieter

It's rumored that the new Xbox will launch in 2026 so there is a chance you will need new hardware to play everything you want.

Aion002

Yo guys, i just bought a console to make a list of games and i need you guys to validate my purchase, lets talk!

WTF is this thread?
Buyers remorse.

According to this thread all the games he wants to play aren't out yet... Rather than waiting, he jumped the gun and now ain't sure about it, so he seeks validation.

Or maybe he is just youthful.

Anyway, congrats man! Gamepass is awesome, have fun.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Buyers remorse.

According to this thread all the games he wants to play aren't out yet... Rather than waiting, he jumped the gun and now ain't sure about it, so he seeks validation.

Or maybe he is just youthful.

Anyway, congrats man! Gamepass is awesome, have fun.

How DARE someone be excited about a new console they bought.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I want too is there a official thread ?

There's an Xbox community thread:

On Xbox just search for The Green Rats club.

Aion002

How DARE someone be excited about a new console they bought.

you know rainbow GIF by Hyper RPG

Yo guys, i just bought a console to make a list of games and i need you guys to validate my purchase, lets talk!

WTF is this thread?
Is time for you to go outside and have some human interaction… maybe then you’ll rediscover the feeling of being excited about something you like and share it with fellow mates in a forum…

DonJimbo

There's an Xbox community thread:

On Xbox just search for The Green Rats club.
Thank you very much i will search for it now

Top Bottom