• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought the Xbox Series X, so...

HighPoly

Banned
Well guys, I'm expecting to play ClockWork Revolution, Hellblade 2 and maybe some Activision games, Spyro and Crash!

I decided console because I don't see Cloud as a way to feel the best gaming experience...
Nothing better than playing games on OLED TVs...

Well, I'm waiting for Gears of War 6, FABLE, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark and some new announcements by Bethesda like a QUAKE Reboot, or The Evil Within 3.

Let me dream... I know, but I confess I'm waiting for another CONKER game, like, playing split screen with friends the Local MP.

So that's my reasons to buy a Xbox console!

Let's talk

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Join us.
RFxot3N.jpg

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't like cloud gaming because of the image quality and input lag, here in south Brazil...

I prefer hardware, but not PC anyway
Ok...is this your console then?

Either way, enjoy, I was just curious because the reason you gave.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is a great console. Totally silent, powerful, great controller, plenty of games to play, Gamepass is cool.

And the MASTER FEATURE : Quick Resume. It makes me want to go Xbox for all Multiplatform games.
You know, I have a Series X and don't play it much....however, I can still go back and pick up a game from where I left off...months ago. It's kinda crazy.

Perrott

Gold Member
So half the reasons you bought the console are games that you don't even know if they'll even exist (Spyro, Crash, Quake, The Evil Within, Conker) and then games without a release date or known to be in in development hell (Clockwork Revolution, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable, Perfect Dark)? Oh, and Hellblade 2.

Interesting decision-making.

HighPoly

Banned
So half the reasons you bought the console are games that you don't even know if they'll even exist (Spyro, Crash, Quake, The Evil Within, Conker) and then games without a release date or known to be in in development hell (Clockwork Revolution, Indiana Jones, Gears 6, Fable, Perfect Dark)? Oh, and Hellblade 2.

Interesting decision-making.
Well, show me where are Last of Us 3, Uncharted 5, GOW in Egypt, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Daysgone 2, or even newer ip ??

Microsoft announced a huge line-up, and we're only waiting...

Well, Bethesda will announce next year their projects, as much as Sony, Nintendo... Don't understand your problem with that

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm looking forward to most of those games you said.

I'd like to see Microsoft fund Three Fields Entertainment so they can make a singleplayer racing game with level progression through a map with no large connected world.

It can also have a hot-seat multiplayer crash/challenge mode and splitscreen ofc but don't make it the focus, satisfy the goal of repeatable (for high score/medals) SP content first and foremost like Burnout 3 and 4 or Dangerous Golf. That studio needs a good boost (read: money) if we want to see greatness out of them, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Well, show me where are Last of Us 3, Uncharted 5, GOW in Egypt, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Daysgone 2, or even newer ip ??

Microsoft announced a huge line-up, and we're only waiting...

Well, Bethesda will announce next year their projects, as much as Sony, Nintendo... Don't understand your problem with that
The Last Of Us Part III? Ghost of Tsushima 2? Uncharted 5? God of War in Egypt? New IP? You really are comparing making a console-purchase decision based on that versus hoping that new Spyro, Crash, Conker, Quake and The Evil Within games come out over the next couple of years bringing those IPs back from the dead?

I'm sorry, but that's as absurd as buying a PS5 and saying you did it under the assumption that Bloodborne 2, new Ape Escape and Jak and Daxter games, and a remake of The Legend of Dragoon are going to become a reality... eventually.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The Last Of Us Part III? Ghost of Tsushima 2? Uncharted 5? God of War in Egypt? New IP? You really are comparing making a console-purchase decision based on that versus hoping that new Spyro, Crash, Conker, Quake and The Evil Within games come out over the next couple of years bringing those IPs back from the dead?

I'm sorry, but that's as absurd as buying a PS5 and saying you did it under the assumption that Bloodborne 2, new Ape Escape and Jak and Daxter games, and a remake of The Legend of Dragoon are going to become a reality... eventually.
Alternatively, just let the guy enjoy talking about his new console rather than rushing to shit on his thread for no good reason.

HighPoly

Banned

ok, but a half of what I'm expecting to play was announced...

So stop being so bothered about people expectations...

StereoVsn

ok, but a half of what I'm expecting to play was announced...

So stop being so bothered about people expectations...
I think basically the point is the games you mentioned may not come out in years (except for Hellblade 2) and quality is unknown. So buying your console for those games is a bit strange at this time.

However XSX is a nice piece of kit, and there are a ton of games to play, GamePass or otherwise. Plus you can often pick up physicals for XSX cheaper vs other platforms when used or on sale.

And of course you have a lot of games you can play BC from OG Xbox and Xbox 360 at often boosted FPS and/or Resolution.

El Muerto

Welcome to the club. Check out Microsoft Rewards to earn points so you can redeem MS gift cards to buy more games or put it towards gamepass. To earn points there's the rewards app on the Xbox console. For android/ios there's the Bing app, Microsoft Start app, and Xbox app. And PC there's rewards.bing.com, and in the Edge browser (on either console or pc) there's a gaming section in the msn start page that has daily points. Hopefully you dont have the 3 searches allowed every 15min cooldown.

SenkiDala

You know, I have a Series X and don't play it much....however, I can still go back and pick up a game from where I left off...months ago. It's kinda crazy.
I mean it even works when you totally turn off the console so you don't need to use the "standby mode" to keep this, and IT EVEN WORK WHEN THE CONSOLE IS UNPLUGGED.

One day I had an electric outage and after ALL MY SUSPEND RESUME GAMES still "resumed". I can't praise enough how this functionality is excellent.

I bought it for the 4th or 5th time when it was on sale at $350. I’ve already returned mine back to the store. They tweaked the dashboard but it still feels stale. No console exclusives still. Right now, Xbox is in a very bad place imo. It’s the worst console to own because there are no exclusive benefits to owning it. Rn, it’s just inferior to its competitors and pc. You buy a Nintendo console because of its console exclusives which are only found on the switch barring piracy. You buy a ps5 for its exclusives and its controller features. You buy a pc to run everything at better settings than consoles with mods. Before I returned my Xbox series x back to the store, I was playing a lot of Halo MCC. However, I saw it on sale at steam for cheap and I can play it on both my pc & steam deck. Cloud saves ensure that my experience carries over between both devices making it seamless. Microsoft need to give Xbox an identity because gamepass is not it.

twilo99

Since you got gamepass go ahead and try:

Yakuza Like a Dragon
Hi Fi Rush
Starfield
Sea of Stars
Atomic Heart
Forza Horizon 5
Age of Empires 2 & 4
Lies of P

There’s a few bangers to get you going.

One can really go crazy with this thing