• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m Absolutely Devastated

Yea they both have their benefits, I personally prefer the Xbox controller for everything but 2D plaformers and Fighting games
I actually prefer the precise clicky d-pad on Xbox Series controllers for fighting games. The placement further from my thumb also causes less strain.

P.S. Those prices are outrageous. I got my last Series controller for 40 USD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

DaGwaphics

I'm also offended! By those prices. Basic black or white it is then.

Edit: Didn't realize this was CA $. But the $10 premium for colors is still too much. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Tams

This is the one you should get. GOAT controller, if you're on PC/Switch:

It comes with a dock as well:

61ZrQruCQWL._SL1500_.jpg

I wish it had four back buttons.

Kerotan

PC Players tend to prefer Xbox Controllers. I thought it was always this way. Say what you want about PS5 controllers. That ish is sexy and I wouldn't play a fighting game with anything other than Playstation controllers.
This post was sponsored by Microsoft.

midnightAI

It’s just sponsored related items coming up on top. I was just goofing around when I saw that, made me chuckled
Yeh, I know, it was just part of my little rebuttle when someone said the XBox controller is better (which it isn't, at all,.well, ok, I'll give you battery life)

Chukhopops

I agree, but maybe not in blue, still doesn't explain why the XBox controller is there though
When you buy Amazon ads it’s based on keywords, and you can choose between exact match, broad match and phrase match.

If you buy « controller » as broad match you’ll appear on any search that contains controller even if other words are included. It’s also cheaper than exact match so depending on your campaign objectives it can be better or worse than exact match.

Krathoon

I remember having a hell of a time finding that Starfield XBox controller.

I found an open box one for a decent price.

midnightAI

When you buy Amazon ads it’s based on keywords, and you can choose between exact match, broad match and phrase match.

If you buy « controller » as broad match you’ll appear on any search that contains controller even if other words are included. It’s also cheaper than exact match so depending on your campaign objectives it can be better or worse than exact match.
Yes, I know, it was a sarcastic reply to someone claiming the Xbox controller is superior

(I'm a web developer by the way, I know exactly how ads work)

Chukhopops

Yes, I know, it was a sarcastic reply to someone claiming the Xbox controller is superior

(I'm a web developer by the way, I know exactly how ads work)
Sorry I thought you were asking since several people were confused about the ad appearing, np.

Also the best controller for dual PC/Xbox use is the Elite Series 2 since you can switch profile instantly, best of both worlds.

Unknown?

People are so stupid that they don’t notice sponsored message on the Xbox controller listing? In addition, it seems that Mamazon ads works for ms o]on this market 1000+ sold vs 300. Last thing, Xbox controller is simply better with, also when playing on pc.
It's crap, PC gamers don't like them any more.

Anyone who works in paid social, search or e-commerce advertising will know Microsoft are just haemorrhaging money here.

Search intent = PS5 controller

Pays amazon for sponsored listing for a = Xbox controller...

I mean.. can you play your PS5 with an Xbox controller?...or maybe they think the 5-10% of folk search for 'PS5 controller' are in fact PC gamers?

If it's not for those reasons, they've just wasting pennies here 😅

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This post was sponsored by Microsoft.
THEN WHY AM I STILL POOR!?

No but seriously. I'm a PC main. 4090, 5800x soon to be a 7800x3d or whatever Ryzen comes out with next. I use an Xbox controller only when I;m lazy and don't wanna use M&K. I'm also an avid fighting game fan. I can't use Xbox for that. So I got my trusty Dual Shock 4 right now....so for Tekken, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat and any other game, I prefer Sony's D-pad. For Souls games and Soulslike I'll switch between the two controllers...just depends on the mood. Since I been playing Souls games since Demon's Souls on PS3 day one and have bought every Soulsgame day one. I tend to lean Playstation for those games. But the controller has started cramping my hands in my more recent years, so I'll switch to Xbox then.

Crap, I was trying to make this post as annoying as possible but I ran out of things to say. Anyways...no, you're wrong...not an Xbox shill.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Anyone who works in paid social, search or e-commerce advertising will know Microsoft are just haemorrhaging money here.

I mean.. can you play your PS5 with an Xbox controller?...or maybe they think the 5-10% of folk search for 'PS5 controller' are in fact PC gamers?

Anyone who works in paid media knows that most buys are based on cpc basis = cost per click - so advertiser doesn’t pay shit until user clicks on an ad. At least when you looking at performance marketing. especially when we talking about search ads on Amazon or Google/Bing.

Chukhopops

Anyone who works in search would understand valid reasons why a campaign would be using broad match 😅.

It’s literally the most basic configuration of any keyword-based campaign so it’s certainly deliberate.

SScorpio

THEN WHY AM I STILL POOR!?

No but seriously. I'm a PC main. 4090, 5800x soon to be a 7800x3d or whatever Ryzen comes out with next. I use an Xbox controller only when I;m lazy and don't wanna use M&K. I'm also an avid fighting game fan. I can't use Xbox for that. So I got my trusty Dual Shock 4 right now....so for Tekken, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat and any other game, I prefer Sony's D-pad. For Souls games and Soulslike I'll switch between the two controllers...just depends on the mood. Since I been playing Souls games since Demon's Souls on PS3 day one and have bought every Soulsgame day one. I tend to lean Playstation for those games. But the controller has started cramping my hands in my more recent years, so I'll switch to Xbox then.

Crap, I was trying to make this post as annoying as possible but I ran out of things to say. Anyways...no, you're wrong...not an Xbox shill.
Why not get a fight stick for fighting games? It will take some time to adjust, but they are better than any d-pad. If you aren't trying to use it in tournaments, you could even go with a hitbox for maximum control.

I still spend time on everything, and used to prefer PlayStation controllers. But then Sony released the Dual Sense which is an overpriced piece of crap that feels horrible in my hands, the DS4 was amazing and the ultimate evolution of the layout. The adaptive triggers on the Dual Sense sound good in theory, but it feels more like a broken trigger to me than something immersive. The advanced haptics have their moments like the horse crossing a wooden bridge in GoT. But just like Infamous Second Son using the DS4's motion input and speaker to simulate a spray paint can, it's a cool gimmick. But I'll main an XSX controller where the triggers always feel like you'd expect, along with some minor vibrating that doesn't feel out of place.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Why not get a fight stick for fighting games? It will take some time to adjust, but they are better than any d-pad. If you aren't trying to use it in tournaments, you could even go with a hitbox for maximum control.

I still spend time on everything, and used to prefer PlayStation controllers. But then Sony released the Dual Sense which is an overpriced piece of crap that feels horrible in my hands, the DS4 was amazing and the ultimate evolution of the layout. The adaptive triggers on the Dual Sense sound good in theory, but it feels more like a broken trigger to me than something immersive. The advanced haptics have their moments like the horse crossing a wooden bridge in GoT. But just like Infamous Second Son using the DS4's motion input and speaker to simulate a spray paint can, it's a cool gimmick. But I'll main an XSX controller where the triggers always feel like you'd expect, along with some minor vibrating that doesn't feel out of place.
I'm just too old to adjust i think. Also too lazy. Also they're pretty expensive and huge. I also have misophonia and the clicking noises/combined with me deranking in SF6 will probably lead me to throwing it off the balcony, possibly maiming any small children who happen to be playing in the courtyard. I have not played with a Dual Sense yet, but I love my red dual shock 4. I think if it dies I'll try a PS% controller or a fight stick...don't know which one to choose

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

He searched for Playstation 5 controller. I guarantee that a lot of people use playstation as the generic video game name. Like grandma might search for 'a playstation controller for xbox'
Sponsored links for me are dualsense charging stations though - so seems likely that Amazon analytics think that the OP is a doddering old lady who calls all video games 'space invaders'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom