• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m Absolutely Devastated

OrionNebula

Shattered to the core, even

First thing I see on amazon when I look for playstation 5 controller

Lwb2wkJ.png

So offended. No words

How can I go on with my day?

Will I ever recover?

Is this all a bad dream?

Is this what the Upside Down feels like?

Please hold me…

Diddy X

Those new xbox controllers are ugly af with the white back, if they were entirely red/blue/purple whatever they'd be ok.

Three

Two ugly colors are the best sellers? I'm devastated too.
They're not. The top is just a sponsored ad by MS when the OP searched for a PS5 controller. Bestseller doesn't mean it's number one or even top 10 and the blue controller is just a search result. This isn't a chart.

I'm not sure what is happening though. I guess amazons algorithm doesn't realise that's not a PS5 controller and that's what's devastating?

pasterpl

People are so stupid that they don’t notice sponsored message on the Xbox controller listing? In addition, it seems that Mamazon ads works for ms o]on this market 1000+ sold vs 300. Last thing, Xbox controller is simply better with, also when playing on pc.

Skifi28

The starting price has been crazy for the dualsense, especially for some of the colors for whatever reason. Thankfully they very often go on sale, at least in the old world (Yurop) so I've gotten several for just 50 a pop.

Edit: Ok, on second inspection that was probably not OPs point. Ehhh, stay strong I guess?

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Shattered to the core, even

First thing I see on amazon when I look for playstation 5 controller

Lwb2wkJ.png

So offended. No words

How can I go on with my day?

Will I ever recover?

Is this all a bad dream?

Is this what the Upside Down feels like?

Please hold me…
Click on their ad every time, that funnels money from MS to Amazon. They have around 250 billion in cash, so that will take a while to bleed MS dry, but if every PS fan would do that, well, Phil Spencer would be laid off next friday.

SCB3

PC Players tend to prefer Xbox Controllers. I thought it was always this way. Say what you want about PS5 controllers. That ish is sexy and I wouldn't play a fighting game with anything other than Playstation controllers.
Yea they both have their benefits, I personally prefer the Xbox controller for everything but 2D plaformers and Fighting games

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This is the one you should get. GOAT controller, if you're on PC/Switch:

It comes with a dock as well:

61ZrQruCQWL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did you actually type in "Playstation" "Controller"
or "Dualsense"
Remember how search engines work

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Those new xbox controllers are ugly af with the white back, if they were entirely red/blue/purple whatever they'd be ok.
Its not that bad, but I was unpleasantly surprised when mine came in and I saw that for the first time. The image does not show the white back unless you click through and look at the secondary images. Whatever it was 40 bucks can use swappable charge packs or batteries and has asymmetric sticks. My stupid PS5 controller was over 60 bucks lasts for only 6 or so hours and you need 2 or have to be diligent about charging during breaks just to be able to play a long single player game.

bbeach123

Never like the xbox controller layout (despite having many ) , you cant use d-pad while using the left stick like the ps layout .

The image does not show the white back unless you click through and look at the secondary images.
You can see the white back even in the front image. It's just hard to notice because of the white background and the flat lighting. Anyway, never seen the controller in real life, but I like that shade of red in the image : sort of give a velvet-like feeling to the material

Top Bottom