• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huniepop 2 selling 100k in 48 hours.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
A wee humble match 3 game.
This may be the first time a lewd anime game gets goty
laugh-laughing.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I guess lockdown might be the reason of the recent increase in sales of coomer games.

Good for them. Too bad it's not as good as the first one.

The puzzle mechanics were greatly expanded upon for this sequel, but the double date concept doesn't work very well in its current form. Interacting with the characters doesn't feel right since the girls seem to be flirting with each other more than with the player. All characters will have a threesome with you after only 2 dates, and I guess they're all bisexual since everyone's lusting after at least 4 other women. I know it sounds strange since HuniePop wasn't exactly a very serious game, but the progression of your 'relationships' with these girls just doesn't feel believable.

This game should've had normal dates as well. That way there'd be a more believable progression, and more time to learn and appreciate the characters. Then again, it seems like the devs doubled down on a more edgy style of writing. The new characters are mostly annoying and entirely unappealing. I guess I'm getting too old for this stuff.

mcz117chief

Good for them. Too bad it's not as good as the first one.

The puzzle mechanics were greatly expanded upon for this sequel, but the double date concept doesn't work very well in its current form. Interacting with the characters doesn't feel right since the girls seem to be flirting with each other more than with the player. All characters will have a threesome with you after only 2 dates, and I guess they're all bisexual since everyone's lusting after at least 4 other women. I know it sounds strange since HuniePop wasn't exactly a very serious game, but the progression of your 'relationships' with these girls just doesn't feel believable.

This game should've had normal dates as well. That way there'd be a more believable progression, and more time to learn and appreciate the characters. Then again, it seems like the devs doubled down on a more edgy style of writing. The new characters are mostly annoying and entirely unappealing. I guess I'm getting too old for this stuff.
Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for your honest review though.

Pejo

I own the first one and still haven't even installed it. I should probably see what all the hubub is about.

CitizenZ

Banned
I dont think you understand there are 3 very large marketing it attracts:

1. Of course the obvious the hentai/ Anime aspect
2. Casual market- the puzzle aspect of match 3 is huge
3. People buying it to just give the middle finger to sensitive fcks

Also VN have been blowing up lately, not my genre, but hey they have a market and thats all that counts, plus sales of course.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
The first one is the best "adult" game that I've found that combines both aspects of adult content with an actual fun video game to play. It's like a mix of dating sim + candy crush = success with some adult filth content as a result

Already bought the second!

Top Bottom