• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hudson Soft has updated their GameNavi website with new listings.

Clicky!

I've only looked at the Wii sections, and I discovered the following:

- Joysound is now a retail game, it's no longer in the WiiWare section and is now in the retail section.

- New WiiWare games: Alien Crush, and Blue Oasis, which seems to be a fishing game (New IP?).

- Bomberman WiiWare now has a sort of subtitle that seems to mean 8-Player Wi-Fi, and it has a June date.

- As of this post, the Bomberman Wii retail site as only updated with the removal of the "Opening on March 28th" tag, keep in mind that the day isn't over yet, and remember what happened after the Brawl countdown expired!

And yes, the retail game has the link to the Bomberman Wii website, while the WiiWare game does not.

That's all for now. What I've told you is based on what I've learned from the Google translations, I'm trying not to post any false info.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think Bomberman WiiWare will be the Battle Mode from the retail game made standalone.

Seeing as that is 8-player Wi-Fi and is coming out in June as well.

Cross posting from the other thread ->

Hudson unveil some of their Japanese Wiiware line-up

-Star Soldier R (Already out)

-Joysound

-Bomberman (June) [up to 8 players Wifi]

-Blue Oasis : Sakana no Iyashi Kuuken(2008) [aka Hudfishes. Will apparently use the Wifi Connection]

-Tetris (July) [With online battles, etc]

-Alien Crush ( August) [yes, it's a sequel. There will be online learderboards]

Including these, they have more than 10 Wiiware titles in development in total. [EDIT] Also explanation for both Bomberman games planned on Wii here.

Source : inside-games.jp

Hero of legend said:
- Joysound is now a retail game, it's no longer in the WiiWare section and is now in the retail section.
What I'm guessing is that you will be able to buy a package containing the microphone and a disc with some songs and some app on retail, but that some songs will be purchased exclusively through Wiiware.

Ranger X

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH?

HOLYSHITNEWALIENCRUSHDOWANTASAPOKTKSBYE!!!!!!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It switched to retail, I think because it comes with microphones.

If I remember correctly though, there are two versions of the game.

Blue oasis uses the weather channel.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'd rather have a new Devil's Crush, if only for the prospect of a great new composition of the first game's music.

But this is pretty cool.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shig said:
I'd rather have a new Devil's Crush, if only for the prospect of a great new composition of the first game's music.

But this is pretty cool.

Yeah I wasn't too keen on Alien Crush, but LOVED Devil Crash.

That one next please!

Ranger X

Shig said:

But this is pretty cool.

Yeah but they might improve the game. It's a revamp after all. Hopefully the ball with have the superior Alien Crush physics anyways.

sp0rsk said:
It switched to retail, I think because it comes with microphones.

If I remember correctly though, there are two versions of the game.

Blue oasis uses the weather channel.

How can it have weather channel support? IT'S UNDERWATER!!!

The again, Spongebob allows fire and snow, why can't Blue Oasis?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hero of legend said:
How can it have weather channel support? IT'S UNDERWATER!!!

The again, Spongebob allows fire and snow, why can't Blue Oasis?

Global warming.

At the end of the game, the sea BOILS.

Hey stormbringer, about your post regarding the two Bomberman games being one and the same, is that all from the Inside Games website, or an assumption from yourself?

Hero of legend said:
Hey stormbringer, about your post regarding the two Bomberman games being one and the same, is that all from the Inside Games website, or an assumption from yourself?
Just an assumption from myself, based on all the evidences I saw - including the fact that inside-games.jp speaks of "8 players Wifi Bomberman" as a "special Battle Mode edition"...

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Stormbringer said:
Just an assumption from myself, based on all the evidences I saw - including the fact that inside-games.jp speaks of "8 players Wifi Bomberman" as a "special Battle Mode edition"...

Hudson have done this before as well.

Bomberman '94 Special Edition was just the Battle Mode on a CD.

The fact they are launching in the same month, with same number of players, and same online capabillity does point to them being one and the same game. Which is very good. As this is the best looking Bomberman since the good old days of the PC-Engine and Saturn versions. Proper old-school style Bomberman, I never thought we'd see it again :D

ethelred

Princess Skittles said:
Hey Hudson, how about working with Westone to bring Monster World V out for DS?

Well, first of all, it would only be Monster World if Sega were to do it. If Hudson, it'd be Dragon's Somethingorother.

Second, does Westone even exist anymore?

Top Bottom