• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many Gacha games do you play ?

Cuantos?

Votes: 140 79.1%

Votes: 20 11.3%

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3+

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters

Mondai

Gacha games were something I held no interest in for a long time until I decided to give Honkai Star Rail a chance , I'm not sure why but the game clicked with me. I spend some money on it once a month but I limit myself a lot on how much I'll spend on a banner. I can't imagine playing more than 1 Gacha game at a time though unless you have a lottt of disposable income.

SJRB

Gold Member
1defbcaa-4bac-4a03-a5d2-a653cfe35e71_text.gif

Doom85

Why you actively choose to play one escapes me.

Honkai Star Rail is a RPG with constant new free updates of new worlds, locations, major events, quests, side modes, etc. (also, we’re getting a free new 5 star character in two weeks due to Star Rail winning best mobile game at TGA) I’ve spent more money on it this year than what I spent purchasing Final Fantasy XVI, and yet Honkai Star Rail was the FAR better investment as it actually gives a shit about making its RPG elements unlike FF XVI. There are tons of build options, party customizations, etc. you can do.

The only people baffled by why someone would play a gacha game are the people who have never actually played a good gacha game.

Aenima

Right now just 1 (Nikke), dont really like to do dailies in more than a game at a time.

Dont spend any money on it and my account has almost all characters available. And have horded enough gems to garantee future ones i might like. Game is very generous with high drop rates and a nice pitty system.

I've played a lot of Genshin Impact on my iPhone. It's the only one. You only need one. You don't really need any. In fact just stay away from anything gacha.

Ailike

Honkai Star Rail is a RPG with constant new free updates of new worlds, locations, major events, quests, side modes, etc. (also, we’re getting a free new 5 star character in two weeks due to Star Rail winning best mobile game at TGA) I’ve spent more money on it this year than what I spent purchasing Final Fantasy XVI, and yet Honkai Star Rail was the FAR better investment as it actually gives a shit about making its RPG elements unlike FF XVI. There are tons of build options, party customizations, etc. you can do.

The only people baffled by why someone would play a gacha game are the people who have never actually played a good gacha game.
Sorry, Mr. Honkai. I won't disparage your game or your company ever again.

Aenima

Zero, right now anyway. I would probably play some if they had PC/Steam versions.
Alot of them have PC versions. Nikke, Genshin, Honkai Star Rail, they all have PC versions. I play Nikke on PC, and used to play Genshin and Star Rail on PS4/PS5

And the ones that dont have a PC version you can just play them on PC using an emulator. Thers some very good android emulators there. I use LDPlayer9.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

None. I know their purpose, and even if they can be played for free - I’m not supporting them.
I'm a firm believer that lately Bandai Namco can make many smaller scale games like anime games because they get money from the mobile games.

YukiOnna

I think like 5 or 6. I don't really play optimally or try to adhere to things like dailies and grind so that way I don't burn out. Although, that is much harder in CN games compared to JP & KR that, thankfully, automate it a lot.

You're not forced to spend unless you have terrible self-control.

Sojiro

Not a single one, and it is something I have zero interest in and doubt I would ever get into. More power to those of you who dig them, but those type of games are definitely not for me.

Last edited:

phant0m

None currently. But I have played Genshin, Star Rail, Nikke, Blue Archive and Path to Nowhere.

But I quit them all, don’t have time. Genshin and Star Rail in particular are basically a whole life.

IAmRei

I spent none, i spent more time and money to something that i can repeat on another time in the future.

tmlDan

two, so far, i cant play more unless its financially viable for me to add on a new one that I know i can get every character. So, im sticking with Honkai Star Rail and Genshin until i decide to drop one.

Thabass

I play / played a few of them. Honkai, FFVII Ever Crisis, and Nier: Reincarnation...and I have played a few more of them besides.

Some of them are really good about the grind, some are not.

Darchaos

0 but i have tried some, for example genshin impact. But they always have the f2p feeling, empty shallow shit. They can have alot of "mecanics" but they are just empty and souless.

Edmund

I played Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for 30 minutes and deleted it from my phone. Best decision I ever made.

Killjoy-NL

But I have to say, I'm not really sure what seperates gacha games from something like Fifa, where you buy packs.
It's basically the same, right?

I don't like the lootbox-systems. At most, allow me to buy something specific. Don't like to gamble.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
I guess the way you get the Blade is very much gatcha mechanic.....I guess I have retract my last post and say I played XC2.

As much as I LOVED that game and I really did, I hated that mechanic, I wish you would get your Blades through side quests like you did with Praxis and Theory.

Thankfully unlike most mobile gatcha games you dont need to be online to play the game.

I guess the way you get the Blade is very much gatcha mechanic.....I guess I have retract my last post and say I played XC2.

As much as I LOVED that game and I really did, I hated that mechanic, I wish you would get your Blades through side quests like you did with Praxis and Theory.

Thankfully unlike most mobile gatcha games you dont need to be online to play the game.
It's frustrating but oddly satisfying when you finally get an awesome blade like Kosmos

The problem is if you get her too late in the game you barely have the time to level her affinity chart and do her quest.
I got lucky.

Is that what you call it when you obsessively unlock every single blade and deliberately drag the game out maxing out all affinity charts? Maybe not.

I got crazy.

Her level 2 is amazing. I love it!

Currently zero, but I've played some Genshin and Star Rail. I've also tried Nikke and Tower of Fantasy. Does DOAXVV counts? I've played that one this week for around 2h. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom