• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how do you cook your eggs?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
it's 2021 and i'm shaking shit up in my egg game cause i've had enough of this bullshit.

i'll eat egg either boiled, fried, scrambled, or in an omelette. when i boil my eggs i like the yolk all hard and not gooey. as much as i like boiled eggs it's just too much time + effort. you spend what feels like forever cooking it (and peeling) and then they are gone in no time.

what really was pissing me off was when i scrambled eggs they were always that shit load of water/milk at the bottom and the egg breaks apart easily. i've started putting the egg in the microwave and i'm kicking myself for not having done this before now. it's the superior way to scramble an egg. my fried eggs were usually done by flipping them over but the yolk would always end up hard. i'm working on my patience so do them "sunny side up" and just leave them to cook. maybe breaking up the white to let some of it fill up the space and cook quicker. the yolk stays super runny and it's so damn good. i put these eggs on a bit of toast with some beans and it's my new favourite way to eat eggs.

talk to me about your eggs please thanks

Eggs don't deserve to be their own thing.
They just go over other shit. Like diced potatoes.

I lost the joy in cooking long long long ago.
Eating is great, though.

GreyHorace

I go fried...

1591287948588.jpeg

Or an omelette with stuff in it...

Puffy-Tuna-Omelette.jpg

Also love to boil eggs to make an egg salad...

egg-salad-with-dill-image.jpg

I also love Japanese tamago. But it's way to technical for me to pull off on my own.

3086d486f5b165748fb2387e30e5fd82.jpg

Fried or hard-boiled.

Once I learned that cooking eggs in a pressure cooker makes it easy for the shells to slip off, I make them a couple times a month. Cooking the eggs in regular boiling water made them too difficult to peel. The pressure cooker method is amazing.

MetalAlien

Banned
Scrambled but I let them get mostly cooked like I was going to serve them sunny side up. Sunny side up has a different taste that I like but I like convenience of scrambled so this gives me a happy medium.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Holy shit I read that thread title wrong. I read "How does your cock age" Not sure what that says about me lol. That would be an interesting discussion though. On topic, I usually do scrambled just because it's what my daughter likes.

Tranquil

Usually make them scrambled. Low and slow, take them off while they still look a little runny.

Make sure you salt them right, 1/8 of a teaspoon of kosher salt for 2 eggs.

Perfection if done right.

niilokin

someimtes i whisk em up in separate bowl before putting on pan, then rocksalt & peppa and eat with green beans

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I like a fried egg over easy and I like it with Grits and Bacon. My family only wants then scrambled.

Gp1

Mollet
5-6 min in boiling water
Than wash on cold running water to stop the cooking process

tenor.gif

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I bake them.

In other occassions, impregnante them.

Outside of context, eggcellent.

ExpandKong

Banned
Scrambled with some diced up spam and some cheese/heavy cream mixed in

or just fried on a sandwich with some bacon

Poached, minimal cooking time so yolk still runny, on toast with a bit of grated cheese (mature cheddar or parmesan) sprinkled over when wanting that little bit more.

I made French Omelets for Christmas morning. They came out great. Ate them with a side of beans, mushrooms, and tomatoes.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Eine halbe Tasse Staubzucker
Ein Viertel Teelöffel Salz
Eine Messerspitze türkisches Haschisch
Ein halbes Pfund Butter
Ein Teelöffel Vanillezucker
Ein halbes Pfund Mehl
Einhundertfünfzig Gramm gemahlene Nüsse
Ein wenig extra Staubzucker
Und keine Eier

In eine Schüssel geben
Butter einrühren
Gemahlene Nüsse zugeben und
Den Teig verkneten

Augenballgroße Stücke vom Teig formen
Im Staubzucker wälzen und
Sagt die Zauberwörter
Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim

Auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und
Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
KEINE EIER

Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und
Keine Eier

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I eat mine in a few different ways. Most commonly sunnyside up and runny. I added some montreal steak spice to it.

I will occasionally poach them soft.

One way my kinds love is when I soft boil then, cut off the top, and give the kids sliced toast to dip in the yoke. It's yummy and fun. The kids called it soldiers.

Eggs benedict when wife or I can be arsed on the weekend. Usually omelettes or scrambled for brekky before kids go to school. Poached or hard boiled if with a salad.

I wish I could be fucked making scotch eggs, those things are wicked good.

Scotch-Eggs-2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom