• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do they cram all that Graham?! SOWL Calibur 3 ZOMG!

Holy crap man!

I really haven't played a lot of this game because I mainly only play against friends, and we're all so busy that means I rarely get to play. Well someone stopped over today and we commenced to whupping each other real good, in game.

God damn this game is gorgeous!

I saw the burning church (?) stage and the building the Egyptian level for the first time today. Holy cow! Namco! How is this possible?!

Making this game had to have involved human sacrifice. It just looks so good. This is the kind of reaction I had back when DKC released on the SNES. You knew how it worked, but god damn - you just can't believe you're seeing this game on this hardware.

Zalasamel rox!

Deg

Banned
Yeah the fire is the best fire in any game. It looks real not realistic but real as in its like they took it from a movie. The Egypt level looks like it isnt on PS2. Namco sure their stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking - we should be dead of smoke inhalation, but god damn does it rock!

I need to learn how to use Zalasamel. He's cool and has neat looking moves, but I'm still doing a lot of this neat stuff through pure luck in between using the few moves I do know.

Yep!

I took your advice on that back when the game came out. That's the only real problem with the game, but I'd say it's a pretty big problem. Like if I were to give this game a ten, I'd knock off three or four points because of that in the overall rating. Save game mutiny is never fun. >:|

Deg

Banned
It can only happen if you delete something off your card. Otherwise you are ok. Keep the backup for that purpose. The PAL version has this problem to a much lesser extent(smaller chance of it happening).

Deg

Banned
miyuru said:
Better fire effects in RE4? I thought RE4 (GCN) had very convincing fire.

much better. One stage is set in a gallery thats on fire. The fire is shockingly real for a game. cool cmoke effects too.

Deg said:
much better. One stage is set in a gallery thats on fire. The fire is shockingly real for a game. cool cmoke effects too.

Don't forget that there is a heat wave effect throughout the stage too. The fire is phenomenal even in the likes of RE4, and that says something. I wasn't expecting that. You even seen bits and pieces of fire debris fly around. This game is freakin' gorgeous no doubt about it. I just played the game to check out the stages after a while, just wow!!

There was one with a freakin war going on in the background with giant launching catapults. This totally kicks the crap out of the previous 2 backdrops in sheer beauty. I don't know the name of the stages yet, but there is so much beautiful looking scenery. This thread needs pics.

Tain

I played this game for the first time the other day, and thought it looked goofy for hours.

...My friend left 16:9 on and forgot.

Deg

Banned
I'll take afew pictures inabit and post them. You need to see these in person to appreciate them.

Here are the artworks of just afew stages: You'll be shocked at the realtime versions.

sc3_29.jpg

sc3_24.jpg

sc3_22.jpg

sc3_30.jpg

sc3_26.jpg

The above ended up on a sunny day, no ice.

sc3_18.jpg

animated catapults!

sc3_34.jpg

They added a moving water spout in the final version.

sc3_30.jpg

Flying bats.

Top Bottom