• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can cd projekt red resuscitate general excitement for cyberpunk?

They cant. The IP is tainted. You cant fix RPGs like this unless you go out and make a brand new expansion that has nothing to do with the base game. It's not a GaaS game like Division or Destiny.

The fact of the matter is that the game isnt very good. They need to cut their losses and move on to witcher 4.
I’ve heard very different things from people who have played it on PC, that under all the bugs and issues there is a fantastic game with an amazing story

I’ll be the judge of that soon when the game is in a stable state on pc (it might be that now, not sure)

Last edited:

His Dudeness

Neo Member
I for one can’t wait to play the game. Have stayed away from it as I’m rocking a PS4 pro and I never believed last gen hardware could handle it. So once it’s update is released for next gen, and I actually get a console 🤞 I’ll be all in.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don't think the situation is that bad. A lot of people bought the game and the vast majority liked it. What they've lost is mostly just the benefit of the doubt and the general good will from the public. The only way to earn those back are just with time and future releases. But they're going to get that chance, because a lot of people still dug the game.

Next gen patches are the obvious next step. Hopefully they take the time not just to make sure they're stable and look good, but also to maybe add some features and polish the game in ways they didn't get to at launch, that will go a long way. Single player expansions are the next obvious step after that.

I think they're right to put off multiplayer. It's risky and not something they have experience with. The risk of failure is high and I think they're better off playing it safe with Cyberpunk for now.
I’ve heard very different things from people who have played it on PC, that under all the bugs and issues there is a fantastic game with an amazing story

I’ll be the judge of that soon when the game is in a stable state on pc (it might be that now, not sure)
The game has been stable on PC since launch, to be honest. I played 80 hours of it and not one crash. It had bugs, of course, but nothing above and beyond the usual Bethesda jank or anything. There's nothing that should stop you from playing it on PC at this point.

It's certainly a victim of overhype and there are some cut corners, but it's an incredible world with a fuck ton of stuff to do, I really liked it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom