• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit PSVR is amazing

Papa_Wisdom

Jumped on the PSVR bandwagon (original for PS4 as I don’t have a ps5 yet) and holy shit visual blur aside the immersion is great!

Drive club vr
Ace combat
Astro bot
Thumper
Pinball fx

And err dead or alive fortune (for research purposes only obviously)!

Going to try resident evil soon.

Need to get a bigger hard drive for my PS4 now so I can get everything installed. Can’t wait to scare my gf shitless with resi evil!

Just giving Sony a shoutout, this along with remote play with my vita is giving me some of the best experiences ever.

I haven’t felt this way about a jump on gaming since playing Mario 64 came out!

Defiantly going to look into getting a VR headset for my pc!

What other games would you guys recommend that don’t require move controllers as I don’t have those?

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Oh yes it is, even with its limitations.

My recommandations for great games:

- Moss 1 but mainly 2: insanely good games and if you love Astrobot you cant go wrong with these two jewels.
- WipeOut: absolutely insane in VR, the sense of speed is something else.
- Skyrim: not the most beautiful game but damn that was insanely immersive to play it in VR
- Resident Evil 7: prepare to be absolutely TERRIFIED. These games dont do much to me flat, but in VR I become a 6 year old girl.
- The Persistence: imagine a combinaison of Dead Space, Bioshock and Dead Cells. Yes it is a rogue, but a fantastic one!
- Tetris Effect: forget about Tetris, this game is just designed around making you "enter the zone": exhilarating experience!
- Rez: a masterpiece elevated to something almost mystic in VR.

And so many others. Enjoy man!

Last edited:

Synless

Mine for some reason mine quit working. The power button doesn’t work.

I hate how my catalog doesn’t work for psvr 2. Honestly the stupidest fucking decision Sony made with that headset.

Last edited:

Three

Jumped on the PSVR bandwagon (original for PS4 as I don’t have a ps5 yet) and holy shit visual blur aside the immersion is great!

Drive club vr
Ace combat
Astro bot
Thumper
Pinball fx

And err dead or alive fortune (for research purposes only obviously)!

Going to try resident evil soon.

Need to get a bigger hard drive for my PS4 now so I can get everything installed. Can’t wait to scare my gf shitless with resi evil!

Just giving Sony a shoutout, this along with remote play with my vita is giving me some of the best experiences ever.

I haven’t felt this way about a jump on gaming since playing Mario 64 came out!

Defiantly going to look into getting a VR headset for my pc!

What other games would you guys recommend that don’t require move controllers as I don’t have those?
If you're trying to scare your gf get Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I showed my gf RE 7 and she didn't like the walking around. Rush of blood got right into the action and is a little easier on those new to VR because there is no walking.

Papa_Wisdom

If you're trying to scare your gf get Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. I showed my gf RE 7 and she didn't like the walking around. Rush of blood got right into the action and is a little easier on those new to VR because there is no walking.
I’ve got the demo of that and yeah it’s really good! Def in my buy list!

PanzerCute

I made my girlfriend try Switchback on PSVR2 (spiritual sequel to ROB) and after 2 minutes of yelling she turned it off and told me she hated me.

Totally worth it haha.

Papa_Wisdom

I made my girlfriend try Switchback on PSVR2 (spiritual sequel to ROB) and after 2 minutes of yelling she turned it off and told me she hated me.

Totally worth it haha.
I got my mum on the vr worlds shark dive thing, she was fucking amazed, it helped that she didn’t have to do anything but look around as she can’t use the controller lol.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
PCVR is even better with software like
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Half Life Alyx
etc.
if you're a sim fan then yea PCVR is the place to be, and Alyx is the best VR game to date. BUT... Astrobot is probably #2 and WipeOut is up there too. Sony did a good job with PSVR - and it feels likee they are leaving PSVR2 out to die sadly. There's not even an Astrobot port.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Congratulations, friend!!!

It is a great experience to have a virtual reality...

I have had the PS VR 1 and the PS VR 2 for 2 months. Some games are great and so are the experiences.

Enjoy it!!!!

One of the most beautiful experiences are the games from Japan Studio.... please support Japan Studio VR Music Festival

Papa_Wisdom

Just been dog fighting on ace combat, bloody hell, taking off from the aircraft carrier, flying through the clouds and seeing the rain droplets on the canopy and blowing up a plane and flying through the explosions, this is truly the next step in gaming for me.

Also no mans sky in VR omfg, a good game just became an absolute must have! Words cannot describe this experience in VR.

PanzerCute

if you're a sim fan then yea PCVR is the place to be, and Alyx is the best VR game to date. BUT... Astrobot is probably #2 and WipeOut is up there too. Sony did a good job with PSVR - and it feels likee they are leaving PSVR2 out to die sadly. There's not even an Astrobot poport.
Sony support for PSVR2 is a big let down for now, yes, but there are so many great games for the headset after only 10 months that it is totally still worth it imo. I bought more games for PSVR2 than for PSVR1 already.

They recently said they have several projects cooking so hopefully we will get more highend game from them.

Krathoon

I would recommend finding a cheap Rift S if you can. Then you will have access to the Steam library of games.

I have been having a blast with the Rift S. I also have a PSVR.

Krathoon

Really, I have to dust off the PSVR and see what is out there on the PlayStation Store.

Any PS4 exclusives? I know there is AstroBot and Rush of Blood.

Mainly, I try to get the Steam version if the game is multi-platform.

Krathoon

I did have this weird thing where I had to stand really far back to play the Batman VR game.

Not certain what happened there. I went ahead and also got the Steam version of that one.

Krathoon

I think I lost my earbuds, but I have some extra ones to hook up to it.

That is why I like the Rift S better. It has speakers built into the headset.

I love it. I got one for $50 on FB Marketplace around here (with Move controllers) and bought a new "foam" for the headset so I wouldn't be face-first in someone's head germs. Totally worth it.

Games I'd recommend:

First, the well known stuff:
Superhot (best PSVR game, imho)
I Expect You to Die
Moss 1 and 2
Walking Dead Saints and Sinners
Farpoint
Doom VR
Blood and Truth
Hitman 3
Iron Man

Next, the lesser known stuff:
Crisis VRigade 1 and 2
BoxVR (more fun than Beat Saber to me)
Sprint Vector
Windlands 2
Wanderer (TOTALLY overlooked)
Just in Time Inc.
Rush
Battlezone

I'm just going to add that one of my favourite PSVR games was Robinson the Journey by Crytek. I really don't understand why that game isn't a cult classic.

Krathoon

Part of the problem with VR is that you have to get your "sea legs".

I would recommend The 7th Guest VR as a good starter game. Not a huge amount of movement in that one.

You make sure you have the right IPD setting or you will get a headache.

I find it is one of those things that you can't play for a really long time.

Shakka43

3 of my favorite VR games are still stuck on PSVR hardware, Astrobot, Rush of Blood and Blood and Truth. Even a simple port of them would push me to buy PSVR2 sooner instead of waiting for a discount.

The best PSVR games have been already mentioned but I want to add Star Trek Bridge Crew, Everybody Golf VR and the one where you need to solve puzzles while your hand are blocked in a box (don't remeber th title).
Plus SW Squadrons as a technical showcase. It's a good game but the controls are over complicated for no real reason.

Krathoon

I totally made the mistake of not setting the IPD on the Rift S. Gave me a headache.

There is a smartphone app that you can use to figure out your IPD.

Crayon

Get wipeout.

Try Skyrim even if you think you are sick of it

I love space pirate trainer to this day. It's so simple but it feels like galaga...

Super hot VR is a stretch for the tracking because psvr1 doesn't like when you hold still but its still basically playable and great.

Anyway, wring as much use out of it as you can and if you want more, think about upgrading your set. Right now it's either a psvr2 or a quest 3. deckard is out there somewhere but I wouldn't hold my breath till we finally see it.

Markio128

There are some games mentioned in this thread that I’d love to see come to PSVR2. I’ve never played Blood and Truth, and Astrobot, Skyrim and Everybody’s Golf would be very welcome.

nial

Gold Member
Farpoint, No Heroes Allowed! VR (physical in Asia only, if you care about that) and Déraciné are gud.

nial

Gold Member
S Sacred intheinbetween intheinbetween Beer Baelly Beer Baelly
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
It’s the most comfortable design for VR. I love VR, but the tech is still 4-5 years away from being mass consumer. Need better refresh, fully wireless, more comfortable (under 200 grams).

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Welcome to 2016.
Even previous-gen VR is an exciting experience to jump into for the first time.

If someone hasn't experienced it yet and doesn't want to spend much, I'd even recommend things like a Quest2 which is deeply discounted now, despite it being obsolete.

Heck, even Alyx will be 4 years old in a few months and it's still the most cutting-edge experience you can find in VR on any platform.

Top Bottom