• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is coming to PS5 and PS4

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hollow Knight started off slow for sure, but it became one of my favorite Metroidvanias and I have played a lot. The atmosphere and lore is unrivaled. The map and layout was a bit difficult to get around but you eventually got used to it.

Im normally not one to get upset about game delays but the fact that this still doenst have a firm release date definitely upsets me just because its a day 1 purchase for me and I dont buy a lot of day 1 games.

I wonder if there was some sort of deal with Microsoft by which this couldn’t be announced for a period of time.

They had some really weird embargoes and deals at E3 where the existence of other platform versions of games couldn’t be announced for a while after the Xbox show.

MacReady13

are you ok? you do realize devs get paid for their games on gamepass right
How much? Do they earn as much from game pass as opposed to sales from the store? If the game comes to game pass a year or 2 after release and they've gotten as much sales as they can then fine, take the Microsoft money for game pass and run.

Kuranghi

True Gaming Facts: Hollow Knight and its sequel Silksong were the favourite games of serial-everything-bad-er Albert Fish. God gave him a time machine for all the good deeds he commited in his name.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How much? Do they earn as much from game pass as opposed to sales from the store? If the game comes to game pass a year or 2 after release and they've gotten as much sales as they can then fine, take the Microsoft money for game pass and run.

It varies on a game by game basis, some games get their development funded, some games get a lump sum amount and some games get that + residuals depending on engagement metrics.

GymWolf

Possibly the best metroidvania of all time. Up there with SotN and Super Metroid
Sotn steal hollow knight launch money ever day of the week, don't be silly.

It's like comparing spielberg with mario salieri.

joking of course(?) but i would not put HK nowhere near those 2

Last edited:

MacReady13

Possibly the best metroidvania of all time. Up there with SotN and Super Metroid
Not even close to either of them. In fact, you’re better off getting the GBA Castlevania compilation on consoles and pc now. They’re better metroidvanias that this game.

Top Bottom