• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoxFresh123

10/10 and he didn't even play it. I'm calling shenanigans

8xXpnRJ.jpeg

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
adamsapple adamsapple spend more time here defending this trash than playing it, is Starfield all over again.

Didn't you said that u would been playing for a bit and come with some impressions ? by the time u spend here i asume you already finished and is writing your review right ?
Could be worse, he could be talking shit about a game he’s not playing.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Happy for the devs it’s reviewing pretty well, the press seems to love these movies dressing up as games. I guess the short nature probably helps too.

Mortisfacio

Banned
DS traversal alone was way deeper than the entire gameplay of Hellblade.

Having said that, it's funny seeing the Xbox fanbase defending a "walking simulator".

I'm not an Xbox or a Sony fan. I'm a PC gamer for 95-98% of my gaming.

I mostly find it amusing the Sony fans trashing on this game for a lot of walking while stanning some other game because of the level of effort put into designing the walking.

It's really just hilarious the mental gymnastics on display.

I'm not an Xbox or a Sony fan. I'm a PC gamer for 95-98% of my gaming.

I mostly find it amusing the Sony fans trashing on this game for a lot of walking while stanning some other game because of the level of effort put into designing the walking.

It's really just hilarious the mental gymnastics on display.

One game has gameplay mechanics

The other has you press up on the analog stick

The mental gymnastics is thinking they are comparable

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Banned
It’s time to stop the console wars. You are a grown adult.
One game has gameplay mechanics

The other has you press up on the analog stick

The mental gymnastics is thinking they are comparable

We get it, you love Sony walking simulators. You don't like walking sims when they're not Sony exclusives. You've made this very clear. Don't think you need to clear that up anymore than you already have.

We get it, you love Sony walking simulators. You don't like walking sims when they're not Sony exclusives. You've made this very clear. Don't think you need to clear that up anymore than you already have.

We get it, you claim to not be a fanboy yet try and compare a game where you press the analog stick up and a game where you literally connect an open world together with all sorts of traversal and combat mechanics

The pejorative “walking simulator” only has actual meaning in the context of a game like HB2

Last edited:
5 years to make a 5 hour game? Rip Ninja Theory.
Its hard to believe the same studio made Heavenly Sword, an 7-8 hour game with an amazing main character , that today would be called "problematic" for existing. That was a near launch game that was amazing, they didn't take 5 years to make that, or Enslaved odyssey of the west.

I'm still bitter that Sony never sprung for a sequel. Narriko was amazing. I loved HS.

Hellblade just doesn't pull me in, I have the first one, got it the other week for $2 or something, will play that first and see what the fuss is about.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The development time to gameplay time here is pretty crazy.
This is what I’m wondering. 5 hour cinematic story-driven game/“experience” — that seems like the perfect kind of “value add” thing to put on Gamepass. But how in the hell can they justify spending 7 years to make it? I can’t imagine 2024 Microsoft will be willing to fund this type of project anymore.

Its hard to believe the same studio made Heavenly Sword, an 7-8 hour game with an amazing main character , that today would be called "problematic" for existing. That was a near launch game that was amazing, they didn't take 5 years to make that, or Enslaved odyessy of the west. I'm still bitter that Sony never sprung for a sequel.
This just doesn't pull me in, I have the first one, got it the other week for $2 or something, will play that first and see what the fuss is about.

The studio owner got paid and nobody left gives a shit

The amount of time they spent making HB2 with 80 people is mind boggling mismanagement

Mortisfacio

Banned
We get it, you claim to not be a fanboy yet try and compare a game where you press the analog stick up and a game where you literally connect an open world together with all sorts of traversal and combat mechanics

The pejorative “walking simulator” only has actual meaning in the context of a game like HB2

Gotcha. So put an objective/checkbox to the walking and you're in love with walking.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's wrong adamsapple adamsapple ?

Hellblade 1 is easily in my top 5 games of last-gen and I've always defended Ninja Theory, even when they got acquired by MS.

Are you that much of an Xbox fanboy that you can't take criticism of HB1, even though NT wasn't even an Xbox studio at the time?

How can I be an Xbox fanboy if I'm 'defending' a PS4 launch exclusive.

But you have touched upon a point Mortisfacio Mortisfacio brought up. The same crowd that loved (and still defends) even shorter games with shallower gameplay like The Order is now extra critical of this walking sim, which plays just like how the first game did, i-e should have known going in what kind of game it is instead of feigning surprise now.

Regardless, this game has reviewed generally well, in the 80+ range, so there's that.

Top Bottom