• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of EA Sports: "People told us just to copy PES"

Haunted

lol

the pes series pulled a torres in the last years. it was on top of the world... and then they sold out and lost all their confidence.

SEABASS NEEDS TO LEAVE!!!

yeah, i said it.
oh-no-you-didn-t.jpg

-viper-

Banned
We've had a fuckton of football games so far and none and captured the magic involved in scoring a PES5 or PES6 goal. The shooting mechanic was absolutely flawless in that game. Just about every goal was unique. No two goals were the same. Now with FIFA, whenever I score a goal, it seems like I've seen it all.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't understand the passion for Fifa. Is it the animations and physics and how the characters look more realistic?

The way you can just angle almost every damn shot with a top player, and how the ball generaly behaves, feels so "scripted" and unreal.

kfpkiller

Not as big as you think. It's huge in the UK, but that's about it. Italy is still PES country. I think France is too. There's only one sad, lonely German playing PES in Germany though, AFAIK. He's a Bayern fan.

PES was huge in France in the ps2 era but now Fifa is the king.

I don't understand the passion for Fifa. Is it the animations and physics and how the characters look more realistic?

The way you can just angle almost every damn shot with a top player, and how the ball generaly behaves, feels so "scripted" and unreal.

There are quite a few things lacking in FIFA (player individuality, momentum, team mate AI) and PES is arguably better at them. The unfortunate thing is, all the other things in PES are so bland/broken that the current FIFA is definitely more fun. Playing PES 2012 felt like a chore. What made PES 4/5/6 great is a fine balance of fun game play and approximations of realistic features.

Top Bottom