• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have You Seen This Man?

Have you seen this man?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
neabT1l.png

In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as DICK.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams.

The aim of this thread is:
- to help those who have seen this man in their dreams and to foster communication among them;
- to understand who this man is and why he appears in an apparently pattern-less array of situations in the dreams of such diverse human subjects.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You can draw 300 different faces and amass hundreds of thousands who think they have seen them in their dreams. Don't think this means much, it's just how people work.
I've seen this man before. I used to see him frequently and now I never see him at all. His departure haunts me.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I've seen this man before. I used to see it frequently and now I never see it. It haunts me.
Well, there are many ways to explain that, but have you ever been interested in or connected to anything supernatural before this?

Did you also know him as Dick?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This is bizarre, have your friends or family seen the guy?
No one in my family, unless you count some of my fellow Gaffers.

Well, there are many ways to explain that, but have you ever been interested in or connected to anything supernatural before this?

Did you also know him as Dick?
I'm a fairly skeptical kind of guy. The paranormal is fun to research but I generally find most it more humorous than legitimate. I like to think of myself along the lines of Louis Theroux's old work.

I knew this person as Dick, yes. I believe he will return to me, as long as I stay positive. Hopefully these messages find their way to him.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Very fascinating, Sailor.

Thanks for posting.

Hahaha. Nah for real, skipper!

I've been dreaming since birth and yeah, very vivid, lifelike AND recurring themes and locations.

So trust me skip; I truly found this fascinating!

Ahoy

Edit: I wish Ariana Grande would visit me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear while dreaming. Or IRL for that matter lmao

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I'm a fairly skeptical kind of guy. The paranormal is fun to research but I generally find most it more humorous than legitimate. I like to think of myself along the lines of Louis Theroux's old work.

I knew this person as Dick, yes. I believe he will return to me, as long as I stay positive. Hopefully these messages find their way to him.
How did you come across this Dick thing though? how did you connect this guy in your dream to what others saw? why get the urge to search for this and find this thing and not just view it as a guy in a dream?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How did you come across this Dick thing though? how did you connect this guy in your dream to what others saw? why get the urge to search for this and find this thing and not just view it as a guy in a dream?
Look, this isn't about me. This transcends space and time. The real question is, how does Dick choose those whose lives he touches?

Bragr

Banned
Look, this isn't about me. This transcends space and time. The real question is, how does Dick choose those whose lives he touches?
But it sounds weird that a person stumbles across this big dick thing and then suddenly stumbles across the dick community. You would imagine that a person wouldn't even know. I can't understand why seeing this guy would make you think others also have if you know what I mean.

Did he make such an impression that you searched for dick in dreams online or was it by chance?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
But it sounds weird that a person stumbles across this big dick thing and then suddenly stumbles across the dick community. You would imagine that a person wouldn't even know. I can't understand why seeing this guy would make you think others also have if you know what I mean.

Did he make such an impression that you searched for dick in dreams online or was it by chance?
Like many before me, I often find myself searching Google for Dick.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I was in a car wreck years ago. As I came too, upside down, held in place by my seat belt, my vision was filled with a brilliant white light. Slowly this face swam into view - smiling upon me.

As the bright shine faded away and my vision returned to me, I realized that I was actually staring into the crotch of a policeman who was attempting to free me from the wreckage.

Top Bottom