• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had a close friend get murdered?

Blade2.0

I've been real busy this week, but I'm sorry to all the people that lost loved ones in here as well. I've read all the stories.

xrnzaaas

Not murder, thankfully my country is one of the safest ones in Europe. But suicide yes - my highschool friend got an untreatable cancer diagnosis a few years after school and he killed himself.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

Two actually. One was gunned down at a gas station in Baton Rouge by a fleeing convict trying to steal his car. The other was stabbed in the chest by his wife as he opened his front door after she found out he was cheating on her.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's one of things that happened to my family, but since I never met them it's not really something I think about. But of course my parents do.

All 4 of my grandparents I never met because they were all killed or committed suicide I think somewhere in their 40s post WWII. When I was a kid I did meet one of my great grandmas who was barely alive. As for her hubby, I dont remember if I ever met him but there's pictures of him I've seen. As for the other side's great grandparents I never met them as they died.

So while a ton of you gaffers have met, had dinner, or possibly got spoiled by generous gramps, I never had them. All I see are the black and white pics my parents show us time to time.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well sadly a quite few (6 now) in Ukraine :messenger_expressionless:

2 from my father's job around my age
And rest more or less people I know from the gaming industry.

3 in Bakhmut alone

It has been to that degree, that I cannot really contain the anger and thus I don't go into Ukraine vs Russia in here, so I wouldn't get banned.

Prior to it, illness and suicide, yes, but not this many.

Patrick S.

Banned
Well sadly a quite few (6 now) in Ukraine :messenger_expressionless:

2 from my father's job around my age
And rest more or less people I know from the gaming industry.

3 in Bakhmut alone

It has been to that degree, that I cannot really contain the anger and thus I don't go into Ukraine vs Russia in here, so I wouldn't get banned.

Prior to it, illness and suicide, yes, but not this many.
Sorry, man :(

That's really awful. No one can blame you for hating Russians right now, friend.

Patrick S.

Banned
When I was 12 I saw my best friend die by a grenade. I am 37 now and I still can't forget that moment.
Holy crap....

I just remembered the pictures of that Russian guy who was showing off a grenade in a car, and then the grenade blew up. Can't imagine having to see something like that in person, much less if it involved my best friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom