• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anybody been gaming less due to the summer heat?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I do almost all my gaming in a nice finished basement.

Since our house only has one zone of AC for some absurd reason, I often have a blanket over me because it gets super cold down here.

Conversely it’s usually pretty comfortable down here in the winter too. Basements are awesome.

Except every now and then we’ll get several wolf spiders down there over the span of a month. Fuck those things.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
I forgot about this thread lol anyway I had to stop playing CS because i can't concentrate. I'm sweating all over. Living upstairs makes it so much worse since I'm getting all the heat from downstairs too :(

dcx4610

It definitely makes me choose what games I play and causes me to be paranoid about my temps. There's really nothing to worry about but it plays with your head when ambient temps cause everything to spike.

I upgraded to a 360 radiator and it made a huge difference but I still can't wait for colder temps to feel more at ease.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nah, I'm not in USA but when it's hot here I use to skip work in the day and play something instead since I can't focus on what I have to do

ShinNL

Is this the return of WEEKENDGAF?

Europe had some heat waves recently. I was pretty much a zombie (more than I already was). Gaming in general requires energy, so I'm already not doing it full time nor using it to relax, especially after a whole day's of work.

been gaming more, but Air conditioning unit broke down last night :( Rest in peace Fujitsu Eta General, you served our family for 13 years!

Top Bottom