• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town remake announced for Switch

Bullet Club

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town remake announced for Switch

Due out this fall in Japan.

CFTl94c.jpg

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Reunion in Mineral Town, a remake of the Game Boy Advance titles Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town, for Switch. It will launch on October 17 in Japan.

h72nGA3.jpg

b6IXorC.jpg

3A3Zybf.jpg

s8RHHJM.jpg

Source: Gematsu

Dontero

Banned
I hope this is fundamental shift for them. Maybe they saw Stardew Valley success which was heavily inspired by HM:FOMT and realized they need to go back to gameplay instead of gimmicks.

Does Marvelous still have the rights for old HM games?

They have that right in japan but not in US which is why they use Story of Seasons instead of Harvest Moon. In Japan they use same name as legit harvest moon.

Zenaku

Karen, my first Harvest Moon love.

I hope they include some of the modern features from more recent games, like farm/town building, making clothes, etc.

Does Marvelous still have the rights for old HM games?
They have the rights for all Harvest Moon games, just not the name.

sublimit

Banned
I hope this is fundamental shift for them. Maybe they saw Stardew Valley success which was heavily inspired by HM:FOMT and realized they need to go back to gameplay instead of gimmicks.

They have that right in japan but not in US which is why they use Story of Seasons instead of Harvest Moon. In Japan they use same name as legit harvest moon.
Karen, my first Harvest Moon love.

I hope they include some of the modern features from more recent games, like farm/town building, making clothes, etc.

They have the rights for all Harvest Moon games, just not the name.
What are the titles of the new games (developed by Natsume) in Japan?

Dontero

Banned
What are the titles of the new games (developed by Natsume) in Japan?

Natsume is US publisher not japanese. I don't think they released their new harvest moon games there.
It is not like those games were great either from what i have heard.

To be fair Marvelous Story of Seasons was even bigger garbage especially first one which had framerate of stop motion picture from 20s. Most fans agree that series has been in steady decline from Friends of Mineral Town and each new game more and more ignored main gameplay loop and focused more and more on gimmicks.

xviper

I'm interested, but can someone tell me the difference between Harvest moon and Animal crossing ? both seem to be a farming game to me, never played any of them though so i would love for a clarification.

Z..

FoMT is one of my fav games ever but... this looks like absolute ass. Terrible art direction.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
The latest Harvest Moon games have been somewhat lackluster compared to Stardew Valley - I'm glad to see they're bringing the Big Guns back.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Best Harvest Moon game. Not sure about the visual style for the games these days.

Meh, looks pretty Animal Crossing-ish so it should be fine for the target audience. Could do well this fall in Japan (and here if it makes it ofer given the AC delay to March.

Fenris Wolf

I loved Back to Nature. It's probably the most played game in my life as well. Wish we get a remake for that on PS4 with better visuals.

Athena~

Banned
To be fair Marvelous Story of Seasons was even bigger garbage especially first one which had framerate of stop motion picture from 20s. Most fans agree that series has been in steady decline from Friends of Mineral Town and each new game more and more ignored main gameplay loop and focused more and more on gimmicks.

That’s because the team members of the original Bokujo Monogatari(Harvest Moon for SNES)have been leaving all these times. Even BM creator Mr Wada himself left Marvelous after BM: Animal Parade. Marvelous hired totally different teams to make BM games after that. Compare the credits of BM: Animal Parade(and past games) to the BM games after that, you’ll see totally different people making the games.

That’s why Story of Seasons by Marvelous are not really “true” Harvest Moon games, neither were the Harvest Moon games by Natsume.

But it’s okay as both Marvelous or Natsume deserve our support as the non-violent genre games are much sorely needed. And their games are improving and getting much better according to the fans.

Anyway very excited for this remake and Doreamon and the upcoming Rune Factory games. Hooray for them making a comeback!

Terrible art style but hopefully will be as good as the originals.

Really though, Stardew Valley has set such a high bar for me it's going to be difficult going back now.

Top Bottom