• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy International Mens Day!

Tams

"Advantage in intelligence" and "women" is a contradiction of terms. I assume you were being facetious, though (and most likely speaking for yourself).

Perhaps 'more intelligent' isn't the right way to put it, but girls certainly consistently perform better than boys in tests. Not by some huge margin, but it is there.

The type of tests do matter: girls tend to do better in coursework, essays, and long-form answers. Boys tend to do better in short-form answer and multiple choice tests.

It seems that males are better at more logical things (maths, most sciences, etc.) and girls better at more arty things (art, languages). Just to be clear, there is still plenty of research that needs to be done (particularly as many education systems and professions still have the effects of notions of certain subjects/careers for each sex), and by no means does it mean either sex will be bad at any given subject or job (though there are some exceptions like elite military forces and rhythm gymnastics - though like both of those that's usually down to physical differences).

I'm not sure why you had to take a personal dig at me.

Tams

Y'all making me feel like an evangelist quoting this much scripture in 24 hours. Here's to doing what must be done.
Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things

If we're going to do the God-bothering stuff, here are a couple of quotes from C.S. Lewis, a devote Christian:

And may I remind you that you are posting on a gaming forum. And games are for children, no?

Last edited:

ahtlas7

Ah Saint Austin Powers Day.
Austin Powers Movie GIF

I set a personal goal to lose 15Kgs for this day two months ago. I lost 14Kgs and get to say goodbye to my 2 year Covid baggage completely. I have also had less than 10 beers in that 2 months' time as well. Quite happy with that performance given down under has been flooding and choc full of freezing Antarctic weather blasts keeping us indoors when it should be summer/late spring. I'm ready to hit the heavy weights again, son and I started again this weekend, I still enjoy arm curls and triceps work too much while begrudgingly doing cardio in bits and bobs. Dude is 13 years old and already 5'11" with a six pack, he looks to be shaping up to be a gentleman in the making. Also rang my brother and dad plus snuck in a beer with a couple of families the night before. Gaming has never been better either, some bickering in our group but you'll get that whenever you have regular peeps together. Overall good times at the moment, surprising in hard times. Best wishes fellas to you and yours.

I have to agree with respect to masculinity these days, it's part of why I fish and bush or beach camp with my family/son especially. There was an old song lyric that has stuck with me for as long as I can remember in my adult life, women command and men lead. It definitely strikes a chord with my wife and I, perfectly sums up how we go about things most of the time. While I want to rave on about beholding the godly sight of man the reality is balance with your partner is far better, obviously giving room to more than just atypical M+F.

Also, please fellas look after yourselves. Enjoy the good life but keep a balance going in everything. You'll be happier and in turn so will everyone around you.

Top Bottom