• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Sonic! :D

Koshiro

goodcow said:
Wow, if I was Naka, I would've cancelled Sonic Xtreme too. That new second trailer video looks terrible.
I agree with this post, I've always known it was crap, butt hat video seals it. However, it is imortant to remember the conditions under which that game was being developed. It's amazing anything at all came out of that, poor guys.

Suerte said:
June 23rd is Sonic The Hedgehog's birthday AND also
n64.jpg

sm64.gif

8 years!

BuddyC

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/6985/

Sonic the Hedgehog, star of over 30 titles across 16 platforms, celebrates his 13th birthday today. Since he first appeared in 1991, Sonic has also been sighted in two television shows, a comic book, a line of action figures, children's books, Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and a series of plush toys.

Across the years, Sonic has been joined by many friends in his struggles against Robotnik. Miles "Tails" Prowers, Knuckles the Echidna, Amy the Hedgehog, Big the Cat, and E-102 are the most notable of these friends, though the list is substantially longer. Among these, both Tails and Knuckles have been featured in their own video game titles.

Sonic's debut in the Sega Genesis title Sonic the Hedgehog marked a new era for Sega, as it gave them both a mascot and began a prolific series of games that continues to this day. Though his most recent adventure, Sonic Heroes, was not received particularily well by critics, the game has performed well commercially. With the recently released Sonic Advance 3 and a Nintendo DS title in development, Sonic the Hedgehog is still going strong over a decade after his conception.

Top Bottom