• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Sonic! :D

Suerte

June 23rd is Sonic The Hedgehog's birthday AND also my birthday!

BEST DAY EVAR!

chr_son.gif

My Birthday 7th July is the same as

gal4.jpg

I'm also a distant relative of his (im talking non blood cousins wifes type thing)

Thus I win

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
AniHawk said:
sa2box.gif

:D

Guy at BB almost didn't give me one because I guess he didn't know about it.

wth is that?

and i never realized how fat sonic used to be...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
op_ivy said:
wth is that?

and i never realized how fat sonic used to be...

It's the 10th anniversary pack that was released with Sonic Adventure 2 DC in small amounts. I managed to get one as well. Includes a little booklet, a nice coin, and a music CD. It was free with the game, but it was hard to find.

Suerte

dark10x said:
It's the 10th anniversary pack that was released with Sonic Adventure 2 DC in small amounts. I managed to get one as well. Includes a little booklet, a nice coin, and a music CD. It was free with the game, but it was hard to find.

Not that hard to find, I remember them being all over ebay... for pretty cheap too...

AniHawk

Right now I can only find one copy on ebay. $25 is starting bid, or you could buy it for $40. Five days left too.

Music CD has stuff from Sonic CD, Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic R and others (can't remember them all). Think there were 17 tracks.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Hard to find? When I worked at EB the retards there forgot to give them to customers when they picked up their copies. I have 6 at my house and I gave 5 away to friends as presents.

robot

The new Sonic is like 100 times better than the original. Anyone who has the Sonic Mega Collection can see how he's improved through the years (in the gallery).

scottpic.jpg

Oh, and my birthday is the same as Harry Truman, so beat that suckas!

harry_truman.jpg

"WOO HA!"

XS+

Banned
Sonic's looked his best in the Sonic CD anime intro. The newschool Sonic is better-looking than the deco-styled original, Too bad the newschool games are asscrack.

belgurdo

Banned
fenekku-gitsune said:

Midway point?

(And, from checking Sonic Cult, Sonic Jam's Japanese instructions show old style Sonic and crew in Sonic Adventure poses. I guess they were trying to decide what kind of art style new-generation Sonic would have at that point in history.)

Kuroyume

Banned
The new sonic is stupid. Imagine Mario with a tribal tattoo on his arm; it is THAT stupid. OLD SCHOOL SONIC 4 LIFE... nicer shade of blue... had attitude but not so much that he looked stupid... no 20+ useless characters. Sonic doesn't need Tails, Knuckles, Cheese, Amy (whatever her name is) and any other character.

belgurdo

Banned
Kuroyume said:
The new sonic is stupid. Imagine Mario with a tribal tattoo on his arm; it is THAT stupid. OLD SCHOOL SONIC 4 LIFE... nicer shade of blue... had attitude but not so much that he looked stupid... no 20+ useless characters. Sonic doesn't need Tails, Knuckles, Cheese, Amy (whatever her name is) and any other character.

Uh, no. Making Sonic bigger and darker is NOT the same thing as sticking some black lines/an ad on Mario's arm. Plus old Sonic didn't really have any personality traits to begin with other than the foot-tapping/sleeping, and that hasn't really changed over the generations.

Plus playing as Sonic all the time in every game would be boring as fuck. It's the same reason why they give Mario different powers in every game.

Rlan

belgurdo said:
Midway point?

(And, from checking Sonic Cult, Sonic Jam's Japanese instructions show old style Sonic and crew in Sonic Adventure poses. I guess they were trying to decide what kind of art style new-generation Sonic would have at that point in history.)

You sure? Do you mean the ones on the front of the cover, or the artwork on the inside? Because the Artwork on the inside is from Sonic 3, and the JAM Artwork doesn't look much like any pose from Sonic Adventure +.

Each game had a slightly different style anyhow. Sonic 1, 2, and 3 had slightly different styles to their artwork. The Game Gear games had another style of artwork used, and the 3 images from Sonic Jam looked slightly different too. I'd like to see some more artwork done in the style of Sonic Battle, it was pretty nice.

And speaking of Sonic, I'm going to plug this :):

http://sost.emulationzone.org

Doesn't get enough recognition :(

belgurdo

Banned
Rlan said:
You sure? Do you mean the ones on the front of the cover, or the artwork on the inside? Because the Artwork on the inside is from Sonic 3, and the JAM Artwork doesn't look much like any pose from Sonic Adventure +.

Inside art, and someone had scans at the Cult, but they are apparently gone now, or I'm not looking in the right place.

XS+

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Totally agreed there. The supporting cast are cool as NPCs, but it comes to gameplay it's gotta be all-Sonic all the time.

I love Sonic to death. I remember when Sonic Adv 2 was released for his 10th Ann, I was so fucking excited to get that promo bonus gift with the CD and coin. And you can bet I played the mother fucking shit out of that game. 60 hours for the CD version and over 70 hours for the Cube version. And the whole reason I bought a Genesis was for Sonic 1. From there I was hooked. I still have all his Game Gear games, Genesis, DC, Cube and GBA games. Got Sonic 3D for Saturn, which wasn't bad at all. Sonic R still stands as one of the systems best games and Sonic CD, while dated with the Sonic 1 syndrome, still is fun to play, if not just for the amazing music. Now I must buy Sonic Advance 3!

kiryogi

Banned
XS+ said:
Totally agreed there. The supporting cast are cool as NPCs, but it comes to gameplay it's gotta be all-Sonic all the time.
You've only been forced to play as them in the 3d ones :p I love them personally, if anyone ever recalled my arguement on Sonic Heroes.

Solid

Seriously? Heh, happy birthday then. The funny thing is I bought Sonic Mega Collection yesterday without knowing he's birthday is today!! Talk about faith! ;D

Top Bottom