• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite forge is amazing thread

Naked Lunch

The same way it took the Master Chief Collection 3-4 years to finally turn things around - looks like a similar situation could happen for Infinite.

There is no denying the potential of this forge.
I cant think of any other console game with the level of detail of these types of, bacially dev tools, to create stuff.
The community is going to go wild - and already are in less than a week of its release.

Infinite had some subtle but solid weapon balance changes in the new update too that are all wins if youve been following the game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The same way it took the Master Chief Collection 3-4 years to finally turn things around - looks like a similar situation could happen for Infinite.

There is no denying the potential of this forge.
I cant think of any other console game with the level of detail of these types of, bacially dev tools, to create stuff.
The community is going to go wild - and already are in less than a week of its release.

Infinite had some subtle but solid weapon balance changes in the new update too that are all wins if youve been following the game.
dreams?

Codes 208

Its a shame a good chunk of the launch population is gone forever.
If they had delayed the launch to coincide forge’s release (or not wait a to release it in general) then seeing these maps and modes in action sack wouldve been amazing as a first impression

Last edited:

Jennings

Its a shame a good chunk of the launch population is gone forever.
If they had delayed the launch to coincide forge’s release (or not wait a to release it in general) then seeing these maps and modes in action sack wouldve been amazing as a first impression
It's fine. The tech will still exist and can be incorporated into Halo Infinite 2 when it eventually releases in a few years.

anthony2690

Banned
adamsapple adamsapple would you like to make a new thread? I know you like to be bearer of good Xbox news.

I'm too lazy, but it might make some halo fans happy.

That being said, after having taking a lengthy break from halo and coming back after playing cod, I'm getting absolutely slapped around like never before.

Had a quick go in ranked and went 5-13, I'm pretty traumatised.

Sybrix

Why does Forge look like complete dog shit?

The textures are fucking hideous, look at this shit:

20221206184239-1.jpg

20221206184250-1.jpg

I kid you not, im playing on max settings on PC.....

Is this a badly made Forge map or do they all have textures this bad?

Also trying to find the Custom Game Browser is a nightmare, on PC its buried behind 3 menus not where you think it would be.

Trying to select a game to filter is awful, the UI is so bad and janky.

It's so obvious that this was never supposed to be a thing in Halo Infinite and they've just stuck it on.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Why does Forge look like complete dog shit?

The textures are fucking hideous, look at this shit:

20221206184239-1.jpg

20221206184250-1.jpg

I kid you not, im playing on max settings on PC.....

Is this a badly made Forge map or do they all have textures this bad?

Also trying to find the Custom Game Browser is a nightmare, on PC its buried behind 3 menus not where you think it would be.

Trying to select a game to filter is awful, the UI is so bad and janky.

It's so obvious that this was never supposed to be a thing in Halo Infinite and they've just stuck it on.
I guess it all depends on much effort the person who created the map put in?

Some maps look excellent, some look dreadful.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Are you even allowed to have a positive halo thread? Of course it only took a few posts for someone to run in and cry about the graphics being bad.

Top Bottom