• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades 2 Announced

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Hades was great, addictive but never impossible. Great cast of characters. Hope to see how they can improve.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hades still sits on my shelf...
Should i start the game with hell mode?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think this was my favorite announcement of the show. The music definitely gave me chills.

Thank the (both Chthonic and Olympian) Gods, this is great news. Hades was perfectly fine without a sequel but I'll take more of this in a heartbeat. There is plenty of Greek mythology left for another banger of a game full of interesting stories.

I don’t enjoy roguelikes but Hades was incredible and did one of the best jobs I’ve seen of building a game around the mechanics. Excited for this one!

John Bilbo

Nuff said, gonna play

Though are they going with the early access route with this one too? Might wait till finished.

SCB3

Day 1, I loved Hades, I honestly thought they may go out of Greek Mythology at first, Witches being involved is kinda odd though, still can't wait

xrnzaaas

This caught me by surprise, Hades must've been a really big hit for them to change their ways and make a sequel rather than a brand new game. I'll definitely play it, I wasn't very good at Hades 1, but I still loved it and always kept coming back for another run.

VN1X

Banned
Un-fuckin-real! Never would have imagined a sequel to one of the best games of all time. Super hyped for this.

Roberts

One of my favourite games of all time. The writing alone is way better than most (bigger) games with a narrative with all the dramatic and comedy beats landing perfectly. And the gameplay is just Chef's kiss. That said, that was such a singular experience that I'm not even sure I needed a sequel. But I won't say no.

Holammer

Just occured to me that they gave the protagonist "boat lights".

PracticalAdmirableIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Hot5pur

I am likely in the minority but I found the first game quite boring.
All the characters were annoying and the dialogue sounded extremely pretentious, to the point where I was skipping through it.
The gameplay itself was a constant dodge fest and the enemy designs kinda bland.
That's not to say it's a bad game, I'd give it a solid 7, but I thought it was the most overhyped game in the last half decade.
When the trailer for this came on, I thought it was going to be an expansion as it looked identical. Will likely pick it up but on a 50% off sale or something.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Best announcement in the TGA for me. Loved Hades. Spent over 100 hours and got the platinum trophy!

Can't wait for early access.

Oberstein

By coincidence, I'm starting Hades right now.

Never really enjoyed rogue-like, but this one manages to keep me hooked, which is a achievement. The chara-design is top notch.

Fbh

Nice, Hades finally sold me on the rogue-like/lite concept.

Cant wait to see what they do with the sequel

Arachnid

Day 1.

I know it's unlikely, but I hope Zagreus is an unlockable character. Yeah, his story is done and all that, but I like the character.

Top Bottom