• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy | Reval Trailer

[Sigma]

I thought you guys wanted a straight up single player Marvel game? Another reason fans don’t know what the hell they want and developers should avoid listening to them...

Ahh, there it is! It would look so much better if a Sony studio is making it...eyeroll.gif
Well I did name Insomniac so yeah I guess if that's what you want to roll with;)

LOLCats

Banned
may not be popular opinion, but if they used the movie actors likeness these games might do better... meh theyd prolly suck anyway, but i bet it sell a lot more copies..

gamer82

For an October game it looks clunky and slow what was the slide across the floor . Hmm not sure this is going to do well. I still haven’t started avengers yet as I’m backlogged with games but the hate it’s getting is putting me off .

I shall wait for A sale there’s to many things coming out this year and I have a hard enough time completing stuff.

I do think they should give naughty dog or insomniac a new marvel game even if it means ps and pc exclusive .

Yoboman

These Square Marvel games really come off with a real lack of originality. Its like they do everything to copy the movies including the humour and voice tendencies even the music and then slap a face on the characters that looks like it was made by hitting random on a character creator

These Square Marvel games really come off with a real lack of originality. Its like they do everything to copy the movies including the humour and voice tendencies even the music and then slap a face on the characters that looks like it was made by hitting random on a character creator
The problem is, it's quite the opposite and feels forced.

Last edited:

TonyK

I've never watched read or know anything about guardians of thr galaxy, but I have to say this actually has my interest piqued. I'm not seeing the usual bs of Disney marvel here from the trailer and the devs look professional. Single player, count me in. I'll try it.
Where have you been living? In Wakanda?

Just joking. The other day people from my office was talking about somebody called Bruno Mars and they were shocked when I honestly said it was the first time in my life I heard that name. We all don't know something very popular for others.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
everyone just looks so fucking bad. Why does drax look like uncle fester? Why does every "funny" game have to have quippy dialogue that sounds like a brain damaged spiderman
Quips in a comic book game? Unthinkable!

Anyway I think it looks fun. Dan Abnett is a good writer. They've lodged some fun music into it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
As long as they don’t try to make it into a destiny lite I’m in. I love marvel stuff.

JeloSWE

I like almost everything about the game except the faces, they just look so non heroic and bland, like they were made in a character creator. It's same problem with Avengers game, the faces are just not good enough.

Zeroing

Banned
I thought you guys wanted a straight up single player Marvel game? Another reason fans don’t know what the hell they want and developers should avoid listening to them...

Ahh, there it is! It would look so much better if a Sony studio is making it...eyeroll.gif
I think he was talking how insomniac made a good marvel game before it was even own by Sony.

anyway it’s always hard to please everyone specially it if it’s a comic/movie to video game adaptation. What I mean is besides Batman and Spider-Man we didn’t had many other comic adaptations that were good.

Tsukumo

Thought it looked great both in terms of game design and graphics. The biomes and the enemies are fantastic and they fit the approach of the first movie.
I'm surprised at how good the character design looked, considering Avengers. It was a bit funny how the director self-inserted himself as Starlord, but outside of that I'm happy there was no token race-washing or any explicit LGBT call-out.
That fucking magenta though...

gela94

I thought it looked pretty amazing, nobody wants to be a graphic whore but then everybody complains about the graphics if its not AAA++++++ so sad

Keihart

Only thing i didn't like in that demo and trailer is Starlord's hair.
Game looks fun as fuck, there are some serious FFXV influences in it too.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

DonJorginho

Banned
I loved what I saw here, yeah the graphics aren't top notch but I have full faith in Eidos Montreal to deliver a great experience and with it being a fully single player experience I know it won't suffer the same shortcomings that Assvengers did.

The only slight nitpick I have is Starlord's hair, god it looks awful aha!

There is a soft pass, then there is a hard pass, then there is a hardest pass, then there is 1000 km of bullocks and then there is a plutonium hard pass. This is a plutonium HARD PASS for me.

e&e

Banned
I think he was talking how insomniac made a good marvel game before it was even own by Sony.

anyway it’s always hard to please everyone specially it if it’s a comic/movie to video game adaptation. What I mean is besides Batman and Spider-Man we didn’t had many other comic adaptations that were good.
What are you talking about? Are you just focusing on single player games, cause there are a ton of good comic book games?

Last edited:

JeloSWE

I loved what I saw here, yeah the graphics aren't top notch but I have full faith in Eidos Montreal to deliver a great experience and with it being a fully single player experience I know it won't suffer the same shortcomings that Assvengers did.

The only slight nitpick I have is Starlord's hair, god it looks awful aha!
What do you mean with not top notch? The art direction is great, bold and stylish, and from a technical standpoint there is nothing to complain about.

Wtf did they do to starlord's hair? and my god not feeling the character designs. they look straight up ass lol. idk the dialogue seems forced and trying to hard to be witty and funny.

DonJorginho

Banned
What do you mean with not top notch? The art direction is great, bold and stylish, and from a technical standpoint there is nothing to complain about.
EDIT: I stand corrected! I mean in terms of fidelity, I still like the visuals overall! Just it isn't next gen visuals is it? Doesn't mean I'm complaining, merely giving my opinion mate!

JeloSWE JeloSWE my apologies again for misreading your post!

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I watched the trailer again, and I could see myself picking this up at around the $30 mark. I liked the Mass Effect-lite aspects of the game(choices, squad command). My one gripe is Gamora's armor with the squared shoulders and angled tits. Doesn't look right.

JeloSWE

EDIT: I stand corrected! I mean in terms of fidelity, I still like the visuals overall! Just it isn't next gen visuals is it? Doesn't mean I'm complaining, merely giving my opinion mate!

JeloSWE JeloSWE my apologies again for misreading your post!

Hmm, perhaps, only think that stands out to me is that it might lack raytracing but other than that it looks great. Just look at Rocket Racoon, really nice fur rendering.

qnSUB7r.jpg

may not be popular opinion, but if they used the movie actors likeness these games might do better... meh theyd prolly suck anyway, but i bet it sell a lot more copies..

People need to get over this. Peter Parker in Insomniac's games dont look like MCU peter. MCU versions in video games are not going to be used because that would make what happens in the game canon in the MCU.

Sygma

Trashiest, blandest treatment that could be done with the IP. Square keeping the track record in the right direction after Avengers. Who seriously cares about playing Quill over Ratchet or Gamora

Last edited:

NahaNago

I feel mixed on this. I didn't hate the trailer. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Groot and Rocket looked great so did the empathy insect girl. Star lord, gamora , and Bautista all looked weird. Gamora looked like she was bow legged when she was walking and she is suppose to be shorter than star lord. I really would have liked to have been able to switch characters when fighting. It is still a toss up if I would buy the game or not. Maybe a black friday sale.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
This was clearly not created as a separate game because the engine/gameplay/animations all are from The Avengers game and was most likely an expansion for it but after it flopped they decided to make...this. Looks cringe.

EDIT: Lmfao the dialogue thing looks incredibly fake or tact on late. I swear if you ppl fall for this shit again...
I thought the game looked fun with the initial reveal, but reading your comment made me think that they did spin this out from the awful avengers game. I think I would buy it on discount because I like the characters. It would be a smart business more to try to make something out of the bad avengers game. I hope they have a demo so I can try it out.

Top Bottom