• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV to be Epic store's free game

Vitacat

LOL

I actually never bought GTAV (not a big GTA fan) but have been curious to get it. So now I have it free, but it means I'd have to use the Epic app... ugh.

Is Epic store app still considered to be garbage spyware?

Last edited:
LOL

I actually never bought GTAV (not a big GTA fan) but have been curious to get it. So now I have it free, but it means I'd have to use the Epic app... ugh.

Is Epic store app still considered to be garbage spyware?
if u did things correctly (like adding every free game they've given to ur library the past year or two) then the launcher now has so many games in your Library that its no longer a burden to open it up just to play one game anymore

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Have it on PS3 and PS4. Grabbed it even though I don't have a computer powerful enough that can run it. Maybe GTA 2 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BlackTron

I'm the kind of guy who will shamelessly grab every free game I can get, but my gaming PC is also like an isolated clean room used for nothing else but light browsing or watching video files, so I don't particularly care what's really happening with all the leery software.

Then this 2FA thing happened. We had a nice run Epic, you can get into my gaming PC but stay away from my phone.

Maybe you can use a free or temp phone number for this stuff, but not sure I care enough to try that hard lol.

SLoco

Neo Member
I'm the kind of guy who will shamelessly grab every free game I can get, but my gaming PC is also like an isolated clean room used for nothing else but light browsing or watching video files, so I don't particularly care what's really happening with all the leery software.

Then this 2FA thing happened. We had a nice run Epic, you can get into my gaming PC but stay away from my phone.

Maybe you can use a free or temp phone number for this stuff, but not sure I care enough to try that hard lol.

You dont need phone number for 2FA because you can set it in way that you get code on your email.
Check My settings on their website .

Last edited:

Raging Bull

Neo Member
FYI for GTAV on PC: if you're using a bluetooth/wireless game pad, DO NOT turn it on until the game loads into gameplay. If you have a gamepad turned on before you load the game, you will likely experience stuttering/performance issues.

I discovered through Googling that a previous windows update caused gamepad input to affect this game's performance for some reason.

I can confirm this completely fixed stuttering for me, I'm using an Xbox one controller through bluetooth.

SweetShark

At this point i think almost everyone already owns this game but its still a very nice move by EGS. Will definitely top Arkham Collection as the biggest free game.
I don't own it cause I only played GTA 1 and GTA Vice City just testing them.
But nevertheless I will get it for sure.

J3nga

xMVMYSh.jpg

longdi

Banned
Hory fuck!

Epic store was ok. But when i tried to launch GTA 5, it wants me to install Rockstar shit, and i need to set up a rockstar account!

First timer here. I just wanted to run benchmarks!

YCoCg

Hory fuck!

Epic store was ok. But when i tried to launch GTA 5, it wants me to install Rockstar shit, and i need to set up a rockstar account!

First timer here. I just wanted to run benchmarks!
This should be put in the OP or something, Rockstar's Launcher is required no matter where you get the game from, Steam, Retail, Epic, etc, Rockstar force you to use their launcher as a middle man. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the same, I think Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire have been patched to do this as well.

longdi

Banned
This should be put in the OP or something, Rockstar's Launcher is required no matter where you get the game from, Steam, Retail, Epic, etc, Rockstar force you to use their launcher as a middle man. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the same, I think Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire have been patched to do this as well.

OMG! Rockstar account has the most frustrating captcha to bypass.
Thank god this game is free.
No way will i buy a shitstar game ever, thanks for the demo :messenger_weary:

Last edited:
Top Bottom