• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTY Awards Tracker 2021

Which game will ultimately get the most awards?

• It Takes Two

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Resident Evil Village

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Deathloop

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Metroid Dread

• Forza Horizon 5

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Returnal

• Psychonauts 2

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems like nobody has made a thread for this year yet so here it is. As expected there is a wide variety of winners this year.

I'll keep the numbers updated as more awards arrive.

• It Takes Two - 78
    • Media Outlets: 60 | Readers' Choice: 18
  • Resident Evil Village - 53
    • Media Outlets: 27 | Readers' Choice: 26
  • Forza Horizon 5 - 48
    • Media Outlets: 33 | Readers' Choice: 15
  • Deathloop - 33
    • Media Outlets: 27 | Readers' Choice: 6
  • Metroid Dread - 28
    • Media Outlets: 26 | Readers' Choice: 2
  • Halo Infinite - 24
    • Media Outlets: 18 | Readers' Choice: 6
  • Returnal - 19
    • Media Outlets: 17 | Readers' Choice: 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 18
    • Media Outlets: 17 | Readers' Choice: 1
  • Psychonauts 2 - 15
    • Media Outlets: 15 | Readers' Choice: 0
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - 13
    • Media Outlets: 11 | Readers' Choice: 2
  • Inscryption - 7
  • Halo Infinite (multiplayer) - 3
  • Shin Megami Tensei V - 3
  • Age of Empires IV - 2
  • Chicory: A Colorful Tale - 2
  • Far Cry 6 - 2
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 2
  • Lost Judgment - 2
  • Nier Replicant ver. 122474487139... - 2
  • Unpacking - 2
  • Back 4 Blood - 1
  • Before Your Eyes - 1
  • Black Book - 1
  • Blue Reflection: Second Light - 1
  • Death's Door - 1
  • Emily Is Away <3 - 1
  • Hitman 3 - 1
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 1
  • Life Is Strange: True Colors - 1
  • Loop Hero - 1
  • Monster Hunter Rise - 1
  • Old World - 1
  • Out of Line - 1
  • Scarlet Nexus - 1
  • The Artful Escape - 1
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 1
  • The Forgotten City - 1
  • Wildermyth - 1
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PC Version only) - 1 (counted toward 2020)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - 1 (counted toward 2020)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 1 (counted toward 2020)

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Deathloop has the momentum, I think. It Takes Two will be close.

My personal choice is Psychonauts 2, which will get some, but not as many as those two.

Handel

I want Psychonauts 2 to win, but it's too niche to get players choice awards and the field is stretched too thin on the critical side. RE8 or Halo Infinite would be my top two guesses then, with an edge to the former due to release timing and being multiplatform. It Takes Two like Hades will receive a large percentage of the most prestigious outlets GOTY, but won't win many players choice awards nor many international ones due to it's coop nature.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

I think just the fact that every deserving game is "winning" some of these is a good thing.

I know a bunch of people saying it was a bad year for games, but I disagree. This seems like it was a great year for games with software for just about everyone.

Yoboman

I think just the fact that every deserving game is "winning" some of these is a good thing.

I know a bunch of people saying it was a bad year for games, but I disagree. This seems like it was a great year for games with software for just about everyone.
It was a solid year but lacked any games that really cut through to the top. None of these games will be talked about at the end of the gen. It reminds me of 2014

Is it any award or just GOTY? I wish it would be Returnal, but I think Deathloop will definitely get more awards overall. Especially if it's not just GOTY awards.

Dr Bass

It was a solid year but lacked any games that really cut through to the top. None of these games will be talked about at the end of the gen. It reminds me of 2014
Disagree. For me Returnal and Metroid Dread were high water marks. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is the first game I ever played that could pass for a CG movie to the general public. I'm not much of a Halo fan anymore (though I used to be back in the day), but Halo Infinite and FH5 are pleasing the fans. And of course a lot of other great games released.

It was a good year.

I think the winner will need to have a significant number of reader's choice awards to win when there's no obvious front runner as is the case here. And RE and Halo probably have the best chances of getting the reader's GOTY awards.

Definitely not Returnal as some hopefuls here seem to think. Nor Deathloop for that matter.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Updated the OP. I'm a bit surprised that Halo isn't doing better.
8oiNAx8.gif

I'll eat crow if Halo get the most awards.

RyRy93

The top two battle reminds me of 2019, Death Stranding vs RE2 Remake, one takes homes most of the reader GOTYs while the other takes most of the critic GOTYs

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Happy for both Forza and Village.

Both games have already won more awards than I would have thought.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I thought Ratchet would run away with this. If it came out in Nov. it would get more votes.

Fredrik

I barely even know what woke means, it’s mostly a US thing I think, and the GOTY tracker is worldwide as far as I know.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I voted what I think will get the most awards... Forza deserves the win, but it will just be Deathloop because of course it will...

Halo should but prob be split over this year and next since missed a lot of cut offs. Easily best game of the year.
It hasn't missed hardly any cutoffs. It's on most of these sites top 10/15 etc lists it just wasn't GOTY to them. Most awards are handed out in Jan and Feb anyway. Award season is just getting started

Top Bottom