• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOT A TROJAN NEED HELP NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRed

Banned
Have no clue how but when I logged in this morning I got 3 to 4 warnings from Norton that netspy Trojan was being blocked on my computer. Then suddenly my modem started to dial out. I immediatly unplugged it. I DLed the trail version of Trojan Remover and ran it but nothing came up. Ran Norton Antivirus and nothing came up as well. Does anyone know how i can find and get rid of this, short of reformating. I really can't format right now. Thanks for the help.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
http://www.spysweeper.com/netspy-trojan-horse.html

How to manually remove NetSpy Spyware from your system?

* WARNING : Modifying your registry or system files can render your system unusable in case of any error.

* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 1: Browse to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 2: In the right pane, delete the value called 'nsys', if it exists then close the registry editor.
* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 3: Reboot the machine.
* Delete the following files:
"%SystemDir%\nsys.exe"
"%SystemDir%\nsutil.exe"
"%SystemDir%\kbhook.dll"

ShadowRed

Banned
RedDwarf said:
http://www.spysweeper.com/netspy-trojan-horse.html

How to manually remove NetSpy Spyware from your system?

* WARNING : Modifying your registry or system files can render your system unusable in case of any error.

* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 1: Browse to the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 2: In the right pane, delete the value called 'nsys', if it exists then close the registry editor.
* Remove NetSpy Trojan Horse and spyware step 3: Reboot the machine.
* Delete the following files:
"%SystemDir%\nsys.exe"
"%SystemDir%\nsutil.exe"
"%SystemDir%\kbhook.dll"

Much oblige to you my good man. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom