• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GManLives reviews first person mods for RE4R, Dead Space, Saints Row 3 and others

Denton

Found this video pretty fun, I had no idea these existed. Dead Space looks like almost native first person game, and honestly like perhaps even more fun way to play it.

And, well, Saints Row..

sr.png

00_Zer0

Found this video pretty fun, I had no idea these existed. Dead Space looks like almost native first person game, and honestly like perhaps even more fun way to play it.

And, well, Saints Row..

sr.png

Thanks for the heads up! I subscribe to him and enjoy his takes on the FPS/action game genre. Gonna check it out now.

Looking at this video, while I understand the artistic intent for third person-only, it definitely makes me want first person as more of an option in the future for games that normally wouldn't have it. Same goes for the other way around.

darrylgorn

Looking at this video, while I understand the artistic intent for third person-only, it definitely makes me want first person as more of an option in the future for games that normally wouldn't have it. Same goes for the other way around.

I probably sound a bit obsessive about this but I'll say again on the forum that Witcher 3 first person mod is mandatory for me. You should give it a shot if you have it on PC.

You can still have the game automatically switch to the third person during combat (or when you unsheathe a sword) but simply exploring in first person feels very natural.

Last edited:

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
That's neat! I don't think I could play dead space in first person, it would creep me out to much.

Last edited:

Rockstar certainly has everyone beat in this regard. If we're going to pay big bucks for super AAAA games might as well give us all the accessibility options possible.

Rockstar certainly has everyone beat in this regard. If we're going to pay big bucks for super AAAA games might as well give us all the accessibility options possible.
Whichever dev suggested their first person mode for GTA V, and the team that made it, should have top billing in their credits. It's way more immersive and functional than I ever thought it would be.

RickSanchez

I probably sound a bit obsessive about this but I'll say again on the forum that Witcher 3 first person mod is mandatory for me. You should give it a shot if you have it on PC.

You can still have the game automatically switch to the third person during combat (or when you unsheathe a sword) but simply exploring in first person feels very natural.
I did not even know this existed. Now i have to do another playthrough.

Whichever dev suggested their first person mode for GTA V, and the team that made it, should have top billing in their credits. It's way more immersive and functional than I ever thought it would be.

It would be even better if rockstar was remotely willing to make gta/red dead have free aim on a controller that doesn't feel like absolute shit.

Top Bottom