• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GIFs: The GTAVI Trailer reaffirmed my faith in Rockstar's talent, boldness, creative direction & artistic ambition

Hugare

smh...99.9% of what you said is in the game though. Look, I'm not trying to be a bitch, stop making claims and arguing about stuff like this without actually looking it up to support your point

^ Keep in mind, I have no clue why you would say this, who the fuck did you think you are randomly stealing boats from? lol

The dogs not only bark at cows, other people, horse, sheep, they bark at a lot of shit lol You literally can see this in one of the first areas of the game and you can see this the area you find that fence where you bring your stolen goods to, they have dog that barks at animals they have, but shit...that isn't even some deep thing, the other animations in the game are much more complex.

The dogs bark at many things, they bark at anything you are herding, that doesn't really even have to do with a horse, cow or the animal, it will do it regardless.

For the general store, you have 4 people in front of it. 1 sitting on the steps, 2 sitting in the back on the porch and 1 on the left.

As far as I can gather, the only thing you have is the owner isn't in front of the store.....thats about it.

General-Store-e1546328497399.jpg

I'm sorry, I was working when I posted so I couldnt look for evidences on Youtube, just talked from my own experience (played the game to completion 2 times)

Thanks for the facts check. Makes me more hopeful that they will deliver with GTA VI.

I still think its too good to be true. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong, of course.

bitbydeath

Finished days gone 2 times and the interactions were a lot but all pretty simple, far cry primal was doing this stuff way earlier except the hordes of course, also you can't do shit while in camps, you can barely interact with vendors and that's it, in rdr2 you can bump any npcs and start a fight or talk to everybody (simple chit-chat of course)

Really not sure about what dg blew away compared to rdr2, just the animal ecosystem in rdr2 is more impressive than everything i saw in dg.

Agree to disagree i guess.
Camps weren’t good in either games for NPC interaction. RDR2 especially with all that slow walking as soon as you arrive at one.

Outside the camps is where both shine. Days Gone more lively on your journeys, RDR2 more lively at towns.

Crossing the map is what you would do more though, and it’s a very different experience in Days Gone. RDR2 does have some dynamic events but also long stints of travel with nothing around.

GymWolf

Camps weren’t good in either games for NPC interaction. RDR2 especially with all that slow walking as soon as you arrive at one.

Outside the camps is where both shine. Days Gone more lively on your journeys, RDR2 more lively at towns.

Crossing the map is what you would do more though, and it’s a very different experience in Days Gone. RDR2 does have some dynamic events but also long stints of travel with nothing around.
I was talking about the cities in rdr2, but even if we consider the camp alone, the difference in how liveable it looked is astronomical, the camp felt lived by real people doing their stuff, the camps in dg are your average camp in any open world.

Don't get me wrong, i like how dynamic dg can be, i just don't see it blewing off rdr2.

Like i said before, if you liked dynamic open worlds, you should try fc primal, the breathing open world is the best thing about the game.

kyussman

I didn't see much satire tbh......just a straight up 1 to1 recreation of modern US culture.....how the fuck do you satirise modern society anymore,the reality is far stranger than any video game dev could come up with.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I buy into the hype every time but all GTA games just end up being brainless trash to me. Like the Limpbizkit of gaming.
It’s more about the HUR HUR shock value aspect than anything. Like why reality tv is popular.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Liberty City will always be one of the best virtual cities to explore. Even if it’s just driving around listening to the radio.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I buy into the hype every time but all GTA games just end up being brainless trash to me. Like the Limpbizkit of gaming.

Funny that comparison, considering the Bizkit is from Jacksonville :messenger_beaming:

Be on the lookout for some Fred Durst-esque NPCs come 2025

MikeM

Until I see gameplay, these are nothing more than pie-in-the-sky imagery. I know this isn’t CDPR, but we’ve been played before. I’ll remain cautiously optimistic but thats about it.

ungalo

Hard disagree, i felt the trailer wasn't saying much, contrary to the first trailer of GTA IV and even GTA V (that i don't even like but that's another story).

But that doesn't mean the game will not be impactful because the first trailer of RDR2 didn't really have a specific angle either and i absolutely loved the game even for its characters and story.

Last edited:
I still don't get why people are so blown away by the trailer.
  • There's existing games with better art direction
  • There's existing games with better graphics
  • There's existing games with better animations
  • There's existing games with better density
Only the open world and hair physics saved the trailer a little.
Right now I'm mildly underwhelmed, without the open world and hair physics I would've straight up been disappointed and thought it's subpar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom