• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghot of Tsushima surpassed God of War as the most played Sony single-player game on Steam

Vick

Zero Dawn was fixed within a month lol.
lol

That port still has issues to this day.

At least get your facts straight before spouting a bunch of nonsense. Game runs like shit or has issues? Negative. Game runs well? Positive.
Sure. Let's check "One Of The All-Time Greatest PC Ports":

zfkdNQ0.png

Not saying Steam reviews are flawless, but nothing ever could be (except for warriors opinions from "the other side" apparently) because, again:

You post your conterargument, you're a fanboy. You post reviews, critics sucks. You post Metacritic user scores, they don't count. You post YouTube essays, they aren't realiable. You post Steam score, it "really isn't a score technically"..

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
lol

That port still has issues to this day.
I have the game. It doesn't. The issues at launch such as AF being broken, incorrect snow deformation, crashes, and others were all fixed within a month.
Sure. Let's check "One Of The All-Time Greatest PC Ports":

zfkdNQ0.png

And the negative reviews are because of the tons of microtransactions and the game feeling incomplete (lack of split-screen, xp boosts, and a grindy multiplayer). You can literally fucking see them in the review history. The game has 17K reviews, once again, about 10% of the reviews that are negative came out on the first day. A 30-second search through the first few days of reviews will tell you exactly why. Here they are since you're visibly too lazy to get proper context.

VsHrjuv.png

3L5hwTC.png

K2maDfl.png

Steam scores are not review scores. Do you even play on PC? Or am I talking to another ignorant fanboy who doesn't even understand how the platform works?

But let's take this a step further. Why does HZD only have 74% Positive Reviews in the last 30 days when it historically was much higher? Here we can see that on the 5th of May (and a few days around that date), the game was hit by more negative reviews than usual.

bG8ZBKg.png

But what happened around that time? Oh, yes! The Helldivers II fiasco. Players took to negatively review the game in protest.

YHgEBZy.png

Understand now or do I have to make it clearer? You thought you were cooking with Gears 5 but ended up owning yourself further. HZD no longer has issues on PC, they were almost all fixed. You clearly don't play the game on PC, so who are you to say whether the game still has issues or not? I played the game on Day 1 and gradually saw the fixes from GG and Virtuos rolled out to address the various issues.

I also like how you blatantly ignored that Cyberpunk is at 94% Positive Reviews over the past 30 days but HZD is at 74%. Must be because everyone realized Cyberpunk is great and HZD kind of sucks. Same for Fallout 4 which got hit with a swath of negative reviews recently.

Last edited:

Vick

I have the game. It doesn't. The issues at launch such as AF being broken, incorrect snow deformation, crashes, and others were all fixed within a month.

And the negative reviews are because of the tons of microtransactions and the game feeling incomplete (lack of split-screen, xp boosts, and a grindy multiplayer). You can literally fucking see them in the review history. The game has 17K reviews, once again, about 10% of the reviews that are negative came out on the first day. A 30-second search through the first few days of reviews will tell you exactly why. Here they are since you're visibly too lazy to get proper context.

VsHrjuv.png

3L5hwTC.png

K2maDfl.png

Steam scores are not review scores. Do you even play on PC? Or am I talking to another ignorant fanboy who doesn't even understand how the platform works?

But let's take this a step further. Why does HZD only have 74% Positive Reviews in the last 30 days when it historically was much higher? Here we can see that on the 5th of May (and a few days around that date), the game was hit by more negative reviews than usual.

bG8ZBKg.png

But what happened around that time? Oh, yes! The Helldivers II fiasco. Players took to negatively review the game in protest.

YHgEBZy.png

Understand now or do I have to make it clearer? You thought you were cooking with Gears 5 but ended up owning yourself further. HZD no longer has issues on PC, they were almost all fixed. You clearly don't play the game on PC, so who are you to say whether the game still has issues or not? I played the game on Day 1 and gradually saw the fixes from GG and Virtuos rolled out to address the various issues.
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Letting slide the blind rambling, and how if you actually played Zero Dawn on console you would have realized what's still wrong with the PC port, which among some other little things no matter the hardware feature severe fluctuations and stutter occurring in key areas that are rock solid on console, of course there're always going to be something, there's going to be something in every single negative opinion about everything because that's what's justifying those very same opinions. Want to filter each and every review to assess which refer to the game structure and which to surrounding aspects?

Want to really keep going with the audacity of suggesting game quality has nothing to do with Steam scores?

Whatever man, feel free to take the win on this "debate" as I'm out. Afterall the discussion was over the moment you decided to claim for very obvious reasons how Horizon is mediocre garbage in a Thread about Ghost of Tsushima in response to praise aimed at it.

Gaiff

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Letting slide the blind rambling, and how if you actually played Zero Dawn on console you would have realized what's still wrong with the PC port, which among some other little things no matter the hardware feature severe fluctuations and stutter occurring in key areas that are rock solid on console, of course there're always going to be something, there's going to be something in every single negative opinion about everything because that's what's justifying those very same opinions. Want to filter each and every review to assess which refer to the game structure and which to surrounding aspects?
Huh, huh.

OsG0zcu.jpeg

The reviews until recently were Very Positive at like 90% because the issues have been resolved. If there were still major issues, it'd still get bad reviews just like this game:

LyLdY7C.png

So, no. HZD no longer has issues and hasn't had issues for a few years now. The launch was bad but it was fixed within a month.
Want to really keep going with the audacity of suggesting game quality has nothing to do with Steam scores?
The game's quality DOES have to do with Steam scores but the Steam score is NOT a review score. A game that has 95% Positive Reviews on Steam isn't a 9.5/10 game. It simply means that the game runs well and is largely devoid of issues. You can't use it as a measure of how good a game is as you foolishly tried to do. I mean, look at Mad Max for instance.

sI1abzl.png

Do you really think the game is a fucking 9.1-9.5/10? And we can keep going to find a bunch of average games that are Overwhelmingly Positive, not because they're amazing, but because they don't have issues such as performance, launchers, mtx, or other external factors. You're trying to equate Steam review scores with how good a game is and that's a complete misuse of the system because it isn't even representative of that.
Whatever man, feel free to take the win on this "debate" as I'm out. Afterall the discussion was over the moment you decided to claim for very obvious reasons how Horizon is mediocre garbage in a Thread about Ghost of Tsushima in response to praise aimed at it.
I didn't say it was mediocre garbage. I said it was a mediocre game compared to most open-world games (the AAA ones at least) and it is. It doesn't rank highly and gets outdone by a shitload of them. I like the first game well enough, having platinum'd it on PS4 and finished it on PC. The sequel did almost nothing to address the issues of the original and as such, I stopped after running into the Eclipse or whatever the name of those ancient humans is. This was in response to Killjoy stating people are jealous of that game, which is nonsensical because there are tons of better games. He was talking about the polish and production values of the game anyway, not how good it actually is. Hell, even the PlayStation poll had both games losing in the first round, including Zero Dawn getting beaten out by Ghost of Tsushima. Then again, GOW 2018 lost to freakin' Ragnarok, so this poll doesn't have much credibility anyway.

Last edited:

Vick

So, no. HZD no longer has issues and hasn't had issues for a few years now. The launch was bad but it was fixed within a month.
Surely it no longer impacts the score as much, just like the other games you listed, but simply because you're not very observant doesn't mean others should be as well. If you want to quickly check, in the comment section of the most recent DF coverage of the PC port of Zero Dawn (highlighting some of the issues but especially the complicated nature of such issues) filter by newest comment and witness RTX Super users noticing them still.

The game's quality DOES have to do with Steam scores but the Steam score is NOT a review score. A game that has 95% Positive Reviews on Steam isn't a 9.5/10 game. It simply means that the game runs well and is largely devoid of issues. You can't use it as a measure of how good a game is as you foolishly tried to do. I mean, look at Mad Max for instance.

sI1abzl.png

Do you really think the game is a fucking 9.1-9.5/10?
Jim Carrey Yes GIF

Maybe not 9.5 or whatever the hell these kind of numbers mean, which is nothing to me, but Mad Max is notoriously almost legendary at this point and beloved to death by pretty much all I've talked to (the pleasures of multiplatform releases quasi-unanimity).

Fucking love that game, still a looker on PC too.

I didn't say it was mediocre garbage. I said it was a mediocre game compared to most open-world games (the AAA ones at least) and it is.
And "it is according to hardcore PC gamer Gaiff", nothing more than a personal opinion found within a distant minority from the general consensus.

I on the other hand disagree, hardly, for reasons explained already in this Thread by an hater of the game of all people.

Its strengths lie in things like strong world building, good combat, creative fights and enemy designs, and great setting.

On top of which I'd add the insane responsiveness/animation ratio, music, story, anthropology, atmosphere, characters (Sylens, Nil, Avad), art direction and visual/technical prowess..

And this still is the point, stop presenting your very personal opinions as objective facts.

Gaiff

Surely it no longer impacts the score as much, just like the other games you listed, but simply because you're not very observant doesn't mean others should be as well. If you want to quickly check, in the comment section of the most recent DF coverage of the PC port of Zero Dawn (highlighting some of the issues but especially the complicated nature of such issues) filter by newest comment and witness RTX Super users noticing them still.
Yeah, so thanks for conceding. You tried to argue that HZD still had enough issues to impact its score like Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk but now you're admitting this is not the case. The review scores on Steam have been largely positive for years and the problems have been addressed for the most part, hence why you no longer see the bad reviews you did the first few weeks. If it still had problems as you say, then we'd still be seeing a large amount of bad reviews.
Jim Carrey Yes GIF

Maybe not 9.5 or whatever the hell these kind of numbers mean, which is nothing to me, but Mad Max is notoriously almost legendary at this point and beloved to death by pretty much all I've talked to (the pleasures of multiplatform releases quasi-unanimity).
It's a competent game that ran well out of the gate and has no controversy attached to it. This is all it takes to get very good reviews on Steam. Just Cause 3 has a much higher score on Steam than 4 and it's not because it's way better, it's because 4 runs like shit. Look at the highest-rated Steam games and you'll find a shitload of not-so-good games with an Overwhelmingly Positive rating.
And "it is according to hardcore PC gamer Gaiff", nothing more than a personal opinion found within a distant minority from the general consensus.

I on the other hand disagree, hardly, for reasons explained already in this Thread by an hater of the game of all people.
Nah, it got destroyed by Ghost of Tsushima in the Sony poll and both Horizon games lost in the first round. Second widest margin after GOW 2018 vs Gran Turismo, which, being a racing game, never stood a chance.

NDLneL9.png

And it's not like GOT is considered some groundbreaking all-time great in the vein of BOTW or Elden Ring, yet it wiped the floor with HZD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom