• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
jrgchfEGEZv6iNIS-xsSAA8cHaVHDaFIdckXIqF6f2I.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Still looks amazing... if only we could have the cool stuff in game instead of reading about it xD
We will probably get one of the other Yaksha's if it's implying one vanished without a trace. Which I'm assuming is the 4 armed Electro one.

Fire one's mask shattering implies that one died and the Geo and Cryo one killed each other.

Of course the 4 armed Yaksha might end up being a world boss too.

Tried to go for Ganyu C2, but I ended up pulling Jean instead.

F

Edit: Okay I did some research (which I should have done ahead of time), and it turns out C2 Ganyu isn't as good as I thought she would be because her flowers don't operate like Zhongli's towers, so I can't have them up all the time (which is what I wanted C2 for). As for Jean, I'm reading very good things about her but Venti already has Anemo covered on my main team... decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Tried to go for Ganyu C2, but I ended up pulling Jean instead.

F

Edit: Okay I did some research (which I should have done ahead of time), and it turns out C2 Ganyu isn't as good as I thought she would be because her flowers don't operate like Zhongli's towers, so I can't have them up all the time (which is what I wanted C2 for). As for Jean, I'm reading very good things about her but Venti already has Anemo covered on my main team... decisions, decisions.
Fuck Venti, go for Jean.

No, wait. Actually fuck Jean and let go Venti ;D

Pejo

Still looks amazing... if only we could have the cool stuff in game instead of reading about it xD

I felt the exact same way after watching the trailer. Why does all the cool shit in this game happen in the past or off screen. The whole Jade Chamber fight shows that they can do action cutscenes pretty well. Instead of Xiao's story quest being us walking around Liyue bringing eggs and sweet flowers to NPCs, we could have had a flashback to the days of the Yashka or whatever fighting each other, and had this story trailer play out in game. I realize that just getting the base game out in a relatively bug-free way that MHY has is a pretty big achievement, but they're making millions and millions of dollars, we can do better than lame fetch quests. Zhongli's quest was at least interesting from a lore/world building angle, but Ganyu's quest was boring as shit.

We will probably get one of the other Yaksha's if it's implying one vanished without a trace. Which I'm assuming is the 4 armed Electro one.

Fire one's mask shattering implies that one died and the Geo and Cryo one killed each other.

Of course the 4 armed Yaksha might end up being a world boss too.

We get some more info on him and Xiao in the yaksha's wish quest.

x@3f*oo_e!

It's the same guy that says "Been to the Cloud District often? Oh who am I kidding of course you haven't." Of Skyrim Nazeem fame. So I am perfectly fine with him narrating anything.
I wish people wouldn't tell me stuff because I didn't realise and won't be able to un-hear it now. Also did Rook in Dragon's Dogma ..(Keith Silverstein)

He's a good VA.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Xiao's story quest being us walking around Liyue bringing eggs and sweet flowers to NPCs
Yeah. And 90% of time you will waste talents of legendary Demon Slayer on killing harmless orcs who just want to sleep and dance around campfire in peace ;_; My Klee is literally Hitler. War crimes galore...

Pejo

Anybody else hate it when you finish the BP like 2 weeks early? I have nothing to do in the game anymore after burning my raisins, which takes 10 mins. They should really expand the weekly non resin content. There's no reason why we can't still have the crimson wishes at least, and just give us xp books and mora or something. I was enjoying using the rep rewards treasure compasses for a while, but now I'm at 100% exploration on all areas except 1 and I kinda lost steam on it. It'd be cool if they added 1 super elite enemy to the map randomly each day, where you have to find him and he's got some mega buff and you get really decent rewards for taking him down. Something like a geo mitachurl with infinite geo shield and 300% attack, or a fatui agent with 400% attack/movement speed. Make it ridiculous and bullshit and fun. Since it's in the open world, we can always just respawn and keep trying, but at least it'd be something interesting to search for and do each day. They could float us like 50 primos and some xp/mora and I'd really enjoy it.

crumbs

Anybody else hate it when you finish the BP like 2 weeks early? I have nothing to do in the game anymore after burning my raisins, which takes 10 mins. They should really expand the weekly non resin content. There's no reason why we can't still have the crimson wishes at least, and just give us xp books and mora or something. I was enjoying using the rep rewards treasure compasses for a while, but now I'm at 100% exploration on all areas except 1 and I kinda lost steam on it. It'd be cool if they added 1 super elite enemy to the map randomly each day, where you have to find him and he's got some mega buff and you get really decent rewards for taking him down. Something like a geo mitachurl with infinite geo shield and 300% attack, or a fatui agent with 400% attack/movement speed. Make it ridiculous and bullshit and fun. Since it's in the open world, we can always just respawn and keep trying, but at least it'd be something interesting to search for and do each day. They could float us like 50 primos and some xp/mora and I'd really enjoy it.
Yes, it's relatively easy to complete the BP with weeks to spare if you play every day, defeat the weekly bosses, do the bounties, and participate in whatever events are included during that period.

I like your idea about random "mega" bosses, that could be interesting. The Crimson wish idea would also be cool and would give you a reason to visit Dragonspine.

I've seen this mentioned by others, but it would make a lot of sense to have weekly bosses not cost resin. They're already time-gated, why include a resin requirement?

BlackM1st

Banned
I have nothing to do in the game anymore after burning my raisins
Yeah, it sucks.

Farm some ascension materials from monsters (poor orcs, how many of them I eviscerated for their horns) or collect open world "boxes" with low level amulets.

I farm ancient scrolls from shamans. I don't know why I'm doing this, but it gives me something to do. Who knows, maybe Klee will need hundreds of scrolls in the future xD I also used 90 out of 99 map markings. Helps with random open world resource gathering.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Ore rotations, artifact rotations, commissions, and weeklies (if any are running) are what I spend my time on after BP is cleared each month.

I made an alt account I am leveling up currently on PS5 as well. Gives me something to do during the downtime and will increase my ore and artifact runs once they world level is on par with my regular account.

Feels very reminiscent to WoW back in the day...

Fuck Venti, go for Jean.

No, wait. Actually fuck Jean and let go Venti ;D
She certainly is easier on the eyes than the trap that is Venti lol but I'm going to miss his insane CC capabilities. Coupled with Zhongli, they give me like 15 seconds of free damage at the beginning of each fight, I love it.

BlackM1st

Banned
She certainly is easier on the eyes than the trap that is Venti lol but I'm going to miss his insane CC capabilities. Coupled with Zhongli, they give me like 15 seconds of free damage at the beginning of each fight, I love it.
Yeah, some design choices MiHo made are questionable at best. Can't blame anyone for going gameplay over aesthetics.

Saber

Gold Member

This a problem with GI since the very begining. They need either mini-games or more daily activities to keep the people playing for long times.

Maybe create a permanent treasure hunt mini-game and make them daily.
Or perhaps a fishing mini-game(allowing you to get fishs without having to swim or buy).

It doesn't even need to reward people with Pyrogems. Giving books, mora and crystals are enought reason to keep people logged. Thats why I believe reputation quest sucks, because its supposed to be something daily and not forced(reputation lvl). Not to mention hunting monsters still make you report the work done and has their retarded "time limit".

Food delivering could be a daily mini-game too. The conditions and rules from the last food event were just way too cancerous to make this a thing. Whoever the dumbfuck that came with the idea(alongside the challenge cube debuffs) really need to step down.
Remove those demented rules and a food mini game could work.

Moogle11

Banned
Giving this a go on PS5. Mostly just want to play through the story mode. Should I level all the starter characters to 20 or save leveling mats for later? Have Noelle, Amber, Lisa and Kaeya currently.

Giving this a go on PS5. Mostly just want to play through the story mode. Should I level all the starter characters to 20 or save leveling mats for later? Have Noelle, Amber, Lisa and Kaeya currently.
Levelling to 20 and then ascending (but not levelling after that) is fine. You'll probably end up doing that for all characters anyway, since it awards a free wish and the investment is negligible.

The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable with just the free characters, but you might get others that are stronger or more fun to play, so it's best to hold onto any materials beyond what I've just mentioned to prepare for that.

Moogle11

Banned
Levelling to 20 and then ascending (but not levelling after that) is fine. You'll probably end up doing that for all characters anyway, since it awards a free wish and the investment is negligible.

The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable with just the free characters, but you might get others that are stronger or more fun to play, so it's best to hold onto any materials beyond what I've just mentioned to prepare for that.
Cool, thanks! That’s what I wanted to be sure of, not to waste stuff needed/more useful for other characters I may pull later.

e&e

Banned
Glad to see iOS getting controller support next week on my latest check in to this thread. I’ve been staying away from the PlayStation version since you can’t transfers saves from/to this (which is stupid ugh).

Now can anyone tell me if I missed anything significant since launch?

Last edited:

fersnake

Glad to see iOS getting controller support next week on my latest check in to this thread. I’ve been staying away from the PlayStation version since you can’t transfers saves from/to this (which is stupid ugh).

alot of free gems and characters. if you dont care about that well the story still there xD

Pejo

A few limited 5* characters and a few limited time events (unfortunately most of them had some story/lore buried in them). You can probably watch the cutscenes for the story events on YouTube.

e&e

Banned
alot of free gems and characters. if you dont care about that well the story still there xD

A few limited 5* characters and a few limited time events (unfortunately most of them had some story/lore buried in them). You can probably watch the cutscenes for the story events on YouTube.
Don’t care about limited story stuff (like Christmas), just want to know if the meat is still there or locked away. Like am I missing characters/items from these events that I can’t get any other time?

Last edited:

BJK

Don’t care about limited story stuff (like Christmas), just want to know if the meat is still there or locked away. Like am I missing characters/items from these events that I can’t get any other time?

There has been one time-limited item (a sword) so far; it’s not that much of a big deal to have missed it. (There was also a time-limited novelty pet from a recent event, but IMO they’re more of an annoyance than anything at this point).

The game has cycled through a number of 5* characters who were time-limited (Venti, Klee, Childe, Zhongli, Albedo, with Ganyu set to depart in just under a week). Each one will probably reappear at some point...but don’t expect to get them all if you’re a non-whale. I haven’t spent a dime yet, and I’ve drawn 3 of the limited-time 5* characters (Childe, Zhongli, and Ganyu) and one of the permanent ones (Qiqi), in addition to having at least 1 copy of all of the 4* characters to-date. Your party is only 4 characters for most of the content, so don’t stress too much about missing any one particular character.

EDIT: since you’re playing on iOS, you should try rerolling to get a 5* character to start. Ganyu is a very popular pick, but any one of the available 5* characters will prove super useful.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well the event quests in this game so far haven't been little off-shoot "oh it's Christmas in genshinland, so let's have a fun little side story", they have actually been relevant to the overall lore and plot of the main game. Once you get caught up with the main story quest, it's probably worthwhile to watch the cutscenes only from the Mona/Albedo events, at least if you care about the story at all.

Like BJK BJK mentioned above, you also missed a free refine sword that is pretty good for the main character and a few others, but the only area it's really useful in is the snow mountain (which is a way off for you yet). You can easily get by without its damage bonus, though it is handy.

Limited characters have been most of the post-release characters unfortunately, so you missed Venti (best wind character and pretty much broken in multiplayer), Klee (really strong fire mage), Childe (melee/ranged switching water character), Zhongli (kinda shitty geo support, getting buffed), Albedo (good geo support character), and we're currently on Ganyu who's the strongest and easiest to use character yet. Rerolling for her is highly recommended if you don't mind the process, it takes like a half hour at least to reroll properly each time though, so it's not for everyone. I don't know how much the reroll process has changed since launch, but you essentially want to spend the majority of your rolls on the limited banner with Ganyu, she is not available from the standard or beginner banners.

The characters you have are all guaranteed characters that you get for free either through the story or that beginner banner (which you should absolutely roll both times eventually). You will also get copies of Xiangling (fire spear) and Barbara (water healer catalyst) for free eventually by playing the game as well. We also have an event coming up in the next patch to give you any one of the Liyue (the China like area) characters for free, so you should probably have your account rerolled and settled by then, which is at least a week + away.

There's a good chance that this is too much info with weird words and names you don't understand yet, so if you're not interested in rerolling, just play and enjoy the game and pick it up as you go.

Fuz

Banned
Rerolling = bad
Buying low level account with the character you want = good

I wish someone suggested me this back then.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Fellow PS4 genshin brothers, a question:

How in the hell do you permanently delete a user specific conversation in the new chat?

A player started a conversation with me a few days, which I want to delete. Now every time I open up my chat his conversation is the one that pops up, and even though I press UP and choose to delete his conversation, it always comes back and is always the first conversation stared.

It's so annoying, because I open the chat, start to type to say something to the team I'm playing with, and end up sending a message to that user because the game can't fucking memorize I already deleted his conversation.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

How in the hell do you permanently delete a user specific conversation in the new chat?

A player started a conversation with me a few days, which I want to delete. Now every time I open up my chat his conversation is the one that pops up, and even though I press UP and choose to delete his conversation, it always comes back and is always the first conversation stared.

It's so annoying, because I open the chat, start to type to say something to the team I'm playing with, and end up sending a message to that user because the game can't fucking memorized I already deleted his conversation.

giphy.gif
you can't xD

Try to start a conversation with another friend. Then delete said friend. Maybe this chat will disappear with time.

No promises though xD

BlackM1st

Banned
Geo sucks, the char not.

Yoshida will get all 5 chars.

Woah, I stopped following Shu many years ago when PS marketing entered autopilot mode and never looked back. Good to know that guy is still "alive" gaming wise.
He is also probably whaling like there's no tomorrow.
Good for him.

The only thing I want from PS GI wise is x-save AND\OR some special bonuses for PS Plus subscribers.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
you can't xD

Try to start a conversation with another friend. Then delete said friend. Maybe this chat will disappear with time.

No promises though xD
Seriously? lol

Who thought of this chatting system?

giphy.gif

I.E. GEO SUCKS

unless you have a C6 Iron Maiden ;D

As a geo representative, Geo doesn't suck. It started on the wrong foot and didn't get the right love.

Ningguaung is more of a 5 star character than people realize and an amazing main dps.

Zhongli is one of the most complex characters to build, that's why people don't like him, because it's not easy to get him to drop those juicy and fat numbers. As a support / burst spammer he is top tier.

Let's see where the buffs will take him, he surely got shafted pretty hard as a character.

The whole buff Geo is getting is very much deserved.

Fuz

Banned
nw38np44z1e61.jpg

It's so annoying, because I open the chat, start to type to say something to the team I'm playing with, and end up sending a message to that user because the game can't fucking memorize I already deleted his conversation.

giphy.gif
You fucking can't and it drives me nuts.

Fake

As a geo representative, Geo doesn't suck. It started on the wrong foot and didn't get the right love.

I guess people need to get context about the geo suck/don't suck cicle.

Geo indeed suck because is miHoYo fault. Every challenge, every event, every farm dungeon... pretty much everything on this game requires 'time limit'.

Lets put into pespective: Imagine a Pokemon battle between two persons, before start the battle I give them 5 minutes time limit. Question, will you believe any of them will use a defensive strategy?

So thats why GEO sucks. Has nothing to do with char kit. Even the less geo char is powerful, is just geo element and reaction that sucks to the purpose of the game with is countless of elemental reactions.

Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I guess people need to get context about the geo suck/don't suck cicle.

Geo indeed suck because is miHoYo fault. Every challenge, every event, every farm dungeon... pretty much everything on this game requires 'time limit'.

Lets put into pespective: Imagine a Pokemon battle between two persons, before start the battle I give them 5 minutes time limit. Question, will you believe any of them will use a defensive strategy?

So thats why GEO sucks. Has nothing to do with char kit. Even the less geo char is powerful, is just geo element and reaction that sucks to the purpose of the game with is countless of elemental reactions.

Nah, you just need to learn how to play geo. Time limit does not hold Geo characters.

You're trying to tell me my Zhongli constantly petrifying in a dungeon so my team mates can have free hits doesn't help at all in terms of time limit? Even more with his solid Energy recharge, that can practically spam burst after burst?

giphy.gif

Fake

Nah, you just need to learn how to play geo. Time limit does not hold Geo characters.

You're trying to tell me my Zhongli constantly petrifying in a dungeon so my team mates can have free hits doesn't help at all in terms of time limit? Even more with his solid Energy recharge, that can practically spam burst after burst?

giphy.gif

No, I trying to tell you Zhongli get three buffs.

Pejo

Rerolling = bad

Sorry but this is terrible advice. Account sellers have been proven to reclaim the account after buyers invest into it and then the buyers are fucked because they aren't the ones that originally created the account. MHY specifically is using IP geo location and idle time for 5* accounts to stop account selling. It's fine if your goal is to jump in and play as the new 5* hotness character and have a chance for it to blow up in your face I guess.

giphy.gif
Zhongli unfortunately is still terrible in his current iteration. If the duration of petrify wasn't so short, he could be used like you describe, but you're still way behind using him over a freeze/melt comp or even just straight up damage for challenges. The only build that currently makes sense for him is full HP to maximize his shield, and then just having him pop out so some other character can do the real damage. In that way he's no so different than Albedo, but Albedo's kit was actually designed intelligently to work like that. In the main world anybody is fine, so no shame if you enjoy playing him, but he's got a kit that constantly is at odds with itself and has the worst designed kit for a 5* by a country mile.

*edit* just read that Teyvat Times. Looks like the majority of players are still missing at least one Agate on Dragonspine if only 300 people have collected them all...hmm...

They must have one extra like the extra anemo/geo culus.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Rerolling = bad

you lost your money, you have 5 -7 weeks with that account, my friend did the same, they don't have alot account they keep selling the same account over and over lol.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
you lost your money, you have 5 -7 weeks with that account, my friend did the same, they don't have alot account they keep selling the same account over and over lol.
Saw a reroll Diluc account going for 6 euros, would have bought it if I wasn't already 90+% world completion. I personally find the risk neglegible. Well, as long as you're F2P - if you're gonna whale don't do it.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Saw a reroll Diluc account going for 6 euros, would have bought it if I wasn't already 90+% world completion. I personally find the risk neglegible. Well, as long as you're F2P - If you're gonna whale don't do it.

well update us if you get banned or not after some months, i have an account with venti but i don't use it because everytime i use his E this guy sounds like he's having a gay orgasm and i don't give it away because i'm afraid to be banned and i don't to make the others suffer with yaoi bukkake.

Pejo

I just saw this infographic on reddit, helpful for breaking down what makes up the majority of a character build. I disagree that you should prioritize a +20 artifact set, but I'm one of those people that hate wasting time/effort on stuff that will be replaced, so I've left those for last. Based on his data, I'd say character level (relative to your world level) and Weapons are the 2 first targets. Anyways, here's the graphic:

dwg92wsj2he61.png

Top Bottom