• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah because they are all "inside" the Honkai universe. It's kinda like how characters in Marvel, like franklin richards, can create "pocket universes" inside the main 616 universe.
The ending of rosemary's floriograph also implies the captain (the player) can hop around these bubble universes like some kind of interdimensional traveler, and that the main universe characters somehow remember if they interacted....it's kinda confusing/convoluted, but it's definitely all connected.
The captain isn't even canon within Honkai.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, but the bubble universes and stormterror are; the implication with the captain was just to explain how the player gets to experience all the different stories with the same, but different, characters.
The fact that the captain is there makes this non canon imo and so does your theory of the captain being similar to or being the jobbeler.

Dregnel

Honkai and Genshin are not directly related. Characters look similar due to MiHoYo being HACKS when it comes to character design.

honkai and genshin impact are directly connected this is otto watching the bubble universe:

3Mn9aqA.jpg

where you can see the storm terror, also bianca can travel between worlds like the traveler, the girl who stopped the travelers it is obvious that it is kiana using the gem of reason.

The fact that the captain is there makes this non canon imo
Well ok, but it doesn't matter since the story writer said it was stormterror from teyvat and this observation happens during the regular story; the imaginary tree starts taking root and kevin asks mei to become the HoT again, shortly after this shards of bubble universes are seen which include irene adler (rosemary's floriograph) and stormterror in teyvat.
The "captain" isn't involved in this at all, it's just mei, kevin and otto.

so does your theory of the captain being similar to or being the jobbeler.
I don't really have a theory, just explaining the implication (for the player) at the end of rosemary's floriograph, also dunno who the jobbeler is.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Does this ever get to being more linear with story and quests? I did the initial little dungeons or whatever with the NPCs who join your party afterward. Since then I’ve just been wandering the world revealing the map and unlocking teleport points and very slowly upping my Adventure Rank as I need to hit 10 for the next main story quest IIRC. I’ve found a couple world quests along the way, but they were just fetch quests and I didn’t see a way to figure how where the flowers or whatever they wanted were beyond looking it up online.

Just bringing over to the new page so I can get some input on whether I should bother continuing or if the game just isn’t for me.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just bringing over to the new page so I can get some input on whether I should bother continuing or if the game just isn’t for me.
There are plenty of main quests to go but if you hate fetch quests just drop it like Algebra.

I was thinking about trying this game out, but I'm wondering how bad the F2P experience is. I'm not expecting to get every character or anything but a lot of the reviews I'm seeing online are saying its drop rates are lower than other F2P games and they are more stingy with the currency, but all the reviews are old so I'm wondering if things have changed?

The game definitely is definitely similar to destiny in this aspect, in that it gives you a lot of linear progression early on, but then later on you need to start leveling doing random shit before being able to continue.

Moogle11

Banned
There are plenty of main quests to go but if you hate fetch quests just drop it like Algebra.

Hmmm, seems like I should drop it I suppose. What’s the ratio of main quests to fetch quests? And how much time is spent roaming the open world trying to find shit to do to up adventure rank to be able to do the next main quest? That’s my main barrier right now. I was enjoying main quests, but now stuck roaming around finding shit to do to hit AR10 to get back to that. Roaming open worlds doing random stuff isn’t very appealing to me.

x@3f*oo_e!

There's no real linear quest path = quests mostly appear as you level, but most of the game is the open world explore/open chest stuff, followed by challenge dungeons when you run out of that.

The sort of person who gets sidelined by open world optional stuff will level quickly.

It most likely appeals to people who thought the main quest in Skyrim/Oblivion sucked and liked the game for everything else.

I think the answer is no right now. Maybe in a year there will be enough content for a story based playthrough without the 'grind'

tldr - if you didn't get addicted to opening chests in the open world it's not for you

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The dailies are mostly, kill this guy(s) and it has plenty of "main" and side quests in the beginning compared to when it launched but expect more fetch quests more than anything.

x@3f*oo_e!

I was thinking about trying this game out, but I'm wondering how bad the F2P experience is. I'm not expecting to get every character or anything but a lot of the reviews I'm seeing online are saying its drop rates are lower than other F2P games and they are more stingy with the currency, but all the reviews are old so I'm wondering if things have changed?
It's totally fine as FTP (or cheap to play) you'll have way more characters than you ever need after 2-3 months if you play 15mins everyday etc. No power issues either they plenty stronk.

If you must have 5* characters max out, and/or need them all it's impossible as FTP, and cost a lot of money too.

Also any "flexing" in coop is going to be tough as a FTP'er.

imo it feels like a two-tier system were both experiences are really good, just one is way more expensive

Moogle11

Banned
There's no real linear quest path = quests mostly appear as you level, but most of the game is the open world explore/open chest stuff, followed by challenge dungeons when you run out of that.

The sort of person who gets sidelined by open world optional stuff will level quickly.

It most likely appeals to people who thought the main quest in Skyrim/Oblivion sucked and liked the game for everything else.

I think the answer is no right now. Maybe in a year there will be enough content for a story based playthrough without the 'grind'

tldr - if you didn't get addicted to opening chests in the open world it's not for you
Cool. Thanks. Will drop and delete. Open world sandbox stuff isn’t my cup of tea. I only liked Skyrim etc. for the main quests and guild quest lines. Open world games I stick to narrative paths, fast travel and ton and minimized traversal and exploration so seems this isn’t going to be my cup of tea.

Mostly gave it a go in hoping to find something to play and get some use out of my PS5. Just going to accept that I should have stuck with PS4 Pro for a while and my PS5 is going to gather dust the first part of this year. Just nothing I really want to play on it, or at least want to play over stuff on Gamepass on XSX or on Switch. I was pretty much caught up on PS4 stuff I wanted to play, while way behind on Xbox stuff since I fell off PC gaming a couple years ago and have some things on Switch I haven’t gotten around to. I did see the Iceborne DLC is for Monster Hunter World is on sale, I may fire the base Game up and see if that’s something I may want to dive back into...

Oh well, mostly just regret wasting the time it took to find one to order. Money wise it’s moot as I’d want one this year for Ratchet and Clank, better version of Horizon 2 etc. and it’s not like it will be any cheaper this year.

Moogle11

Banned
Well, at least GI has a better open world than Horizon. Horizon had the worst open world out of all AAA games I played.
Won't argue there as I hate open worlds in general and just beeline to quest markers. Horizon at least had a shit ton of fast travel points to minimize traversal.

I wish there were a ton of Naughty Dog like studios out there. Give me a couple Uncharted/TLOU type linear, story driven action/adventure games a month and I'd play little to nothing else.

Pejo

Out of nowhere I found a clean cocogoat fanart without unnecessary details. Damn. Cocogoat >= Samus zero suit

NFXpAAL.jpg
Is there or has there ever been a piece of fabric in real life that will actually contour to a woman's belly button?

Asking for a friend...

Man the wait for some new content is killing me. Did you guys playing on PC see that they're doing auto-preload for PC clients? In other words starting a few days early you can enable pre-load of 1.3 and it will just download as you play. Minor but cool feature.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ewwww. Real girls. I heard they smell...

fabric in real life that will actually contour to a woman's belly button?
LMAO. I have no idea, but I think you will need a vacuum cleaner to suck all the air gaps out xD Just imagining this makes me rolling xD

Is there or has there ever been a piece of fabric in real life that will actually contour to a woman's belly button?
a very tight latex one piece can, but it would also be very uncomfortable to wear.
These artists are just drawing them nude, don't add nipples and then give the "fabric area" a different colour from the skin; not actually drawing clothing "on top".

Pejo

Update notice.
So the banners are Xiao/Diona/Xinyan/Beidou and Keqing/Benny/Ning/Barbara. I was hoping they'd do me a favor and put Amber/Lisa/Kaeya on the Keqing banner, but they said "Fuck you!".

YukiOnna

Update notice.
Lots of good stuff and goodies coming. Excited. Fun Kamera event, too.

I'm going to jump out the window if I don't land Keqing on this banner as I've actually been saving this time.

Aenima

Asking for a friend...
The only material that does that, is waifu material. And wet t-shirts.

Cocogoat reminds me of 2B. When they run they always showing the butt. 2B is more lewd though.

Last edited:

Silvawuff

Thinking of ascending but I’m pretty sure I’d shoot right to WL7. I’ve got 12 characters at 80 and a pretty nicely set team with Diluc, C6 Fischl, C1 Bennett and Zhongli. I have Mona and Qiqi as my other power characters that I swap in and out depending on what I’m doing. Should I save enough materials to bump at least two of them to 90 before ascending my AR past 45?

Pejo

Thinking of ascending but I’m pretty sure I’d shoot right to WL7. I’ve got 12 characters at 80 and a pretty nicely set team with Diluc, C6 Fischl, C1 Bennett and Zhongli. I have Mona and Qiqi as my other power characters that I swap in and out depending on what I’m doing. Should I save enough materials to bump at least two of them to 90 before ascending my AR past 45?
In my opinion don't go past 45 until you have nothing left to do but farm for perfect artifacts or until the story/events make it necessary, but that's just me.

A few days late, but this has been my experience: I've not spent any money on this game at all. After playing since release, I have every four star character in the game aside from one, I have two five star characters, and I still have enough gems saved up to purchase the next banner character of my choice. If you're thrifty and careful with your resources, there's a ton of gameplay here, and now it's a really good time to start, seeing as they'll be having a free character event.

Drop rates are horrible, but they ultimately don't matter when you don't need any of the rare characters to enjoy the game and play though its story. As I always say though, if anything seems confusing, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like we will get 3 banners, each will be up for 2 weeks? Damn, fomo is getting real. And I think electric cat gonna use rainbow wishes too. Damn, MiHo nickel and dime like there's no tomorrow...

Pejo

Looks like we will get 3 banners, each will be up for 2 weeks? Damn, fomo is getting real. And I think electric cat gonna use rainbow wishes too. Damn, MiHo nickel and dime like there's no tomorrow...
Yea I wonder if they're going to have some overlap with them. I can't imagine them only running Xiao for 2 weeks unless they think he's gonna tank, revenue-wise.

I'm not sure if I'm going to roll at all for Xiao. I don't need any of the 4*s from his banner, and he seems like another carry DPS which I have plenty of at this time. I'd really like some more pyro supports or just more off-field supports in general, but ideally I'd like them at 4*. The only leaked pyro character we have seen thus far though besides Hu Tao (another selfish dps carry), is that soft looking fire Inazuma dude that basically looks like fire Albedo. I really hope they start branching out the character models a bit, we don't need any more medium build weak looking males with blonde hair.

*edit - uploading the image
tpAFoRo.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
It's so hard to be excited about new banners when you know that most characters look the same and don't bring anything new to the table.

Dendro catalyst looks ok I guess, but she's very plain. And dendro element? I think it's gonna suck hard. Can't imagine dendro beating fire or cryo. Poison Ivy only had sex appeal going for her. Here? I see nothing close to her lol

Also, that Tanuki girl... what's up with that fugly tail? Hard pass.

Kate looks years away imo and we already have electric cat AND Raiden (please be good). I really like how Kate looks but I'm not sure that that we will need her after electric God will be released.( I think 90% of people will pull for electric God. Unlike Geo God she's gonna be a girl and a pure dps. It's a win in my book. )

Hm... what else? Vampire nun? Great tits. Can't say that I'm overly optimistic about her being worthy of my wishes compared to Ayaka though.

Out of all pictured characters Xiao is the best one. But I have no interest in his gameplay and I just can't afford him and Ayaka AND Raiden.

Top Bottom