• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
However my razor is C4. Diluc is C0.
LOL, go Diluc any day.

I will just stop at 12000 and be done with
First rule of F2P games - don't pass on free shit xD

Food Shopping GIF by MOODMAN

Now I wonder how difficulty will be to get those prymogems. Knowing them, it will probably be "the field is filled with X" and "destroy the boss in 1 second".
XZceL8g.jpg

it's up to you ;)

Saber

Gold Member
XZceL8g.jpg

it's up to you ;)

So, the difficulty level its a score multiplier eh? Hm...this could be even more tricky.

Physical RES 50%? Why stop there when you can go full retarded? Reputation quests usually has monsters with immunity to physical.

crumbs

NJMc3KD.jpg

New event rewards. Not bad.
This already looks a lot more interesting than the treasure-finding event.

I know some events are going to be filler, but the treasure event was so low effort. Not sure if it was a bug, but on most days, the treasure hoarders wouldn't even spawn to fight. I'm also not sure why they tied these Co-Op challenges to the event.

I was ambivalent on the seelie reward, but once it started making weird noises, I had to turn it off. I left MiHoYo feedback that it would nice to toggle off irritating sounds like the seelie or Ganyu's bell.

Enough of my complaining. Ganyu's been fun to play, very flexible in terms of playstyle, artifact builds, and team comps. I'm still not in love with archers, but her skillset takes a lot of the concerns away.

BlackM1st

Banned
Care to elaborate?

Who should be the 4th element then? I like how Bennet supports the team, but by playing double pyro I would only be able to trigger melt, which is kind of meh.
No way. Make Bennet C1. B at C1 becomes 5* ;)

Melt is a primary reaction for fire characters.

If you add electricity to your comp enemies will constantly fly away from you xD It's fun and looks awesome (I love my electric Raven\Klee combo), but some more challenging areas in game heavily rely on crowd control. That's why everyone so in love with Sucrose.

BlackM1st

Banned
Physical RES 50%? Why stop there when you can go full retarded?
Looks like it's an EASY level (top right corner). Extreme should be more challenging %)

I was ambivalent on the seelie reward, but once it started making weird noises, I had to turn it off. I left MiHoYo feedback that it would nice to toggle off irritating sounds like the seelie or Ganyu's bell.
You do not own Klee I presume? Girl just never shuts up xD

Last edited:

crumbs

Ganyu's bell isn't even that annoying. Unlike Mona's chimes which they did do away with.
I have Mona, but it must have added her after they made that change. I think Xiangling also had a bell? Maybe they removed it as well.

You do not own Klee I presume? Girl just never shuts up xD
I have Klee & she's not too bad. The worst character chatter is constantly being nagged to get moving by Keqing. I'm in the menus trying to make her the most efficient killing machine and she won't shut up.

Pejo

Which characters do you recommend pairing with a Ganyu + Zhongli team?

I'm currently running Razor, Bennet, Ganyu and Zhongli. Can trigger superconduct, melt and overload.

I like Razor but I'm way too used playing Diluc. He feels faster to me, and Razor feels slower. I find myself constantly pressing R2 mid combo with him, and since he has cooldown unlike Diluc, well shit...

However my razor is C4. Diluc is C0.

Don't want to ditch Zhongli because he is my favourite character to play.

What do you guys suggest?
Razor speeds up when using his Burst, and you can level it to make his attacks even faster. That said, why aren't you sticking with Diluc? He and Ganyu pair extraordinarily well together. If I had just those characters that you mentioned, I'd go Diluc/Ganyu/Benny/JohnLee.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Razor speeds up when using his Burst, and you can level it to make his attacks even faster. That said, why aren't you sticking with Diluc? He and Ganyu pair extraordinarily well together. If I had just those characters that you mentioned, I'd go Diluc/Ganyu/Benny/JohnLee.

That was the team I initially thought. But then somehow I started to think it's short on reactions.

Can trigger melt, crystalize and that's it.

I'm considering a Diluc, Ganyu, Venti & Zhongli team. The dealbreaker here is no Bennet burst to buff others Burst moves, no fire resonance, and of course, no healer.

Currently this is my roster:

5 stars (all C0) :
- Diluc
- Venti
- Zhongli
- Qiqi
- Ganyu

4 stars:
- Traveler (C6)
- Razor (C4)
- Xiangling (C4)
- Barbara (C4)
- Ningguang (C4)
- Xianqu (C4)
- Diona (C1)
- Chongyun (C1)
- Kaya (C1)
- Fischl (C1)
- Xinyan (C1)
- Noelle (C1)
- Sucrose (C0)
- Beidou (C0)
- Lisa (C0)
- Amber (C0)
- Bennet (C0)

Last edited:

Pejo

That was the team I initially thought. But then somehow I started to think it's short on reactions.

I'm considering a Diluc, Ganyu, Venti & Zhongli team. The dealbreaker here is no Bennet burst to buff others Burst moves, no fire resonance, and of course, no healer.
The thing is, you don't really need a lot of reactions. The fire related ones are so good, they make all of the other types secondary. A vaporize/melt will get you through any enemy that isn't a fatui or abyss mage shield. Razor/Ganyu's superconduct is nice for the defense debuff, but that's only for physical, so only specific characters benefit from it (one of them being Razor). Still, a melt does so much damage it makes all of the other effects secondary, especially for time related challenges. Zhongli's shield is great to help Diluc not take so much burning grass damage and prevents him from getting tossed around when he inevitably triggers rogue overloads. Benny/Diluc gives your whole team fire resonance, so you get that 25% attack boost on top. It's a really solid team setup. You'll obviously want to still keep flexible for particular challenges, but once you get the hang of it, you can easily take down a fatui before they have a chance to put up their shield.

Saber

Gold Member
You can use Fishl too, shes excelent at letting the skill on the field, allowing to fight with other members during the skill duration.

Best combinations are with electro users. Might as well add Barbara, the combination of Fishl and Barbara(or Mona if you ever get her) is amazing.

Last edited:

Jedge

Man I'm still so torn on what I want my Childe team to be. I like him with Ning/Noelle because the earth resonance is surprisingly good, and will be even better after the 1.3 buff. It also prevents him from getting interrupted or knocked back so his damage is very consistent and safe. I've been running Childe/Beidou/Ning/Noelle with him but I just can't sit with that team now that I've seen how good his vaporize procs can be. The natural solution is to slot in Xiangling, but I hate Gouba so much. So much.

I tried Childe/Xiangling/Fischl/Jean, which is pretty good, but no resonance and no claymore for geo shields. I tried Childe/Beidou/Fischl/Jean which is great for energy recharge but has the usual weakness of "no fire character" for shields and igniting stuff and vaporize. I tried Childe/Xiangling/Benny/Beidou which is probably the best universal party out of the ones I've run, but I am not really a fan of Benny's kit after playing with it a few days, and I still really hate Gouba.

My ideal scenario would be if they release a fire Beidou, or any off-field fire support that isn't god damn Gouba. I tried Xinyan with this party, and she's ok, but her kit doesn't really mesh well with non-physical damage types and she likes to be on the field for most of her talents.

I think I mentioned this before but I've seen several videos of: Childe/Fischl/Beidou/Xinqiu and it looks pretty fun (no vaporize though)
or maybe Childe/Fischl/Beidou/Bennett (but you dislike bennett : ( ) and xiangling is off the table.

Jedge

5 stars (all C0) :
- Diluc
- Venti
- Zhongli
- Qiqi
- Ganyu

4 stars:
- Traveler (C6)
- Razor (C4)
- Xiangling (C4)
- Barbara (C4)
- Ningguang (C4)
- Xianqu (C4)
- Diona (C1)
- Chongyun (C1)
- Kaya (C1)
- Fischl (C1)
- Xinyan (C1)
- Noelle (C1)
- Sucrose (C0)
- Beidou (C0)
- Lisa (C0)
- Amber (C0)
- Bennet (C0)

You could try:
Diluc, Bennnet, Venti, Chongyun
Ganyu, Diona or Qiqi (for ice crit rate) + heals, Zhongli because his shield stops staggering on Ganyu's charged shot, Xinqiu for synergy with Ganyu

Silvawuff

One of the QoL things I hope they introduce is a way to shut characters up, or at least tone down their voice work. If's charming the first time, not the 1000th when you stop moving for 5 seconds and Zhongli starts spouting off about osmanthus wine.

I do like the pet, and like even more it doesn't take up a gadget slot. BTW is there any way to equip more than one gadget? I see the wheel pop up (on PS4) but no way to assign anything in the menu. Maybe I'm blind.

Pejo

One of the QoL things I hope they introduce is a way to shut characters up, or at least tone down their voice work. If's charming the first time, not the 1000th when you stop moving for 5 seconds and Zhongli starts spouting off about osmanthus wine.

I do like the pet, and like even more it doesn't take up a gadget slot. BTW is there any way to equip more than one gadget? I see the wheel pop up (on PS4) but no way to assign anything in the menu. Maybe I'm blind.
No, it's obvious we will eventually have all 4 slots available, but they're probably going to do 1 per region or something stupid like that. Currently we can only equip the one slot. Agreed about the frequency of idle voices. I wish we had emotes, and one of them was just a 'sit' or something that would auto disable idle animations and chatter.

I think I mentioned this before but I've seen several videos of: Childe/Fischl/Beidou/Xinqiu and it looks pretty fun (no vaporize though)
or maybe Childe/Fischl/Beidou/Bennett (but you dislike bennett : ( ) and xiangling is off the table.
Yea I think I'm just going to run Childe/FIschl/Xiangling/Jean for now and just switch it up for specific needs. Childe is so fast I can usually get behind the shielded hilichurls, so the only enemies I really have a problem with with this set up is the huge stone mitachurls and big geo slimes. Xiangling/Fischl's overload will do a bit of shield damage to them at least. What I really want is a fire Beidou or fire Barbara. That'd be my idea 4th slot archetype, but really I'll take any fire character with a deployable skill or burst that isn't Gouba. Xiangling's burst is pretty good, but it procs slowly since it goes all the way around your character in a big slow arc and it has a high energy cost at 80. I have her with the Favonius Spear that helps a bit with the energy recharge, especially with how fast her hits are to get that crit before swapping her out.

I was really hoping originally that Hu Tao was going to have some sort of deployable skill but she's all on-field just like Diluc and c0 Klee. They really need to give fire a few more supports. If only they'd have switched Zongli and Hu Tao's kits. 1-2 fire columns and a shield would be exactly what I need, and Zhongli getting buffed based on HP/installing Geo nodes that explode, and doing Geo damage as regular hits sounds like it would fit him so much better, and make him a dps carry.

Saber

Gold Member

Have you guys tried to mute the voice/dialogue sound on the options? Worked wonders for me.

Is there any way to restart from the beginning on PlayStation without creating a new account?

Not exactly. You don't need an e-mail and password when playing Genshin on PlayStation, but starting the game for the first time creates an account that is automatically linked to your PSN ID.

No, it's obvious we will eventually have all 4 slots available, but they're probably going to do 1 per region or something stupid like that.
I just want to have one quick access slot for a secondary team, so I can use all the elements without constantly needing to go through the menus. Just make it so you can't change teams when enemies are around, and that would be perfect.

That's the squad I'm currently rolling with and I'm loving it so far. The CC capabilities of Zhongli and Venti grouped up with the sheer DPS of Diluc and Ganyu is a thing of beauty. Don't even need a healer as long as you remember to put up Zhongli's pillars and/or shield, though it's a good idea to have some MRE food equipped anyways of course lol

Pejo

Who was the Amber player among you guys?

It's always good to see the best girl doing some big damage, even if it's because of a suspiciously strong Benny and whale bow. I will continue to wait patiently for more copies of her in the shop and pray she gets a rate-up on a banner someday so I too can have los dos conejitas.

I also firmly believe she's first in line when balance changes/buffs/enhancements/evolutions make their way into the game. Followed by Qiqi.

*edit*

SPOILER_ddc11c91d132475930ca2dd0894723058e7c9eaf0725a1b7816b657283615417.jpg

Enough with fire lances.

I just hope at least 5 of those are new 4*s.

Last edited:

SaniOYOYOY

5 stars (all C0) :
- Diluc
- Venti
- Zhongli
- Qiqi
- Ganyu

4 stars:
- Traveler (C6)
- Razor (C4)
- Xiangling (C4)
- Barbara (C4)
- Ningguang (C4)
- Xianqu (C4)
- Diona (C1)
- Chongyun (C1)
- Kaya (C1)
- Fischl (C1)
- Xinyan (C1)
- Noelle (C1)
- Sucrose (C0)
- Beidou (C0)
- Lisa (C0)
- Amber (C0)
- Bennet (C0)
if you have sacrafical sword, diluc benet xingqui is the most busted trio in game. those three should be on one team.

go er/hp/healing on benet and er/hydro/cr on xing.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, it stays up*!
Nice to be surprised for the better, sometimes.
Did everybody get the golden one? I did, and I've seen a dozen people with their seelie today... they were all gold.

*that's what she said!
You mean the PISS colored one? No.

No but seriously though. Players have access to all elements just by playing through the story. It's required for puzzles, and so players can use all elemental reactions. It makes sense to me that when a new element enters the picture, they'd give a copy of it away for free like they did with Barbara.

Moochi

I'm on mobile. I'm not a wasting any screen space on a floating colored bubble thing that does nothing. I'm only collecting to area 14 for the gems.

Is there any way to restart from the beginning on PlayStation without creating a new account?
There isn't, BUT I didn't find it a big deal to add new accounts to re-roll on Playstation regardless. The only problem I ran into after going through about 20 accounts is that google will no longer let me use my phone number to make new gmail accounts.

Edit: And if you do it, and you were to have an address from a state with no sales tax...you would pay no state sales tax when buying stuff on PSN. Just saying.

Last edited:
I had a long ass post bitching about the resin and artifacts farming but it's just pointless so I'll cut it down to the point: Fix your fucking game Mihoyo or people like me will quit.

I got a Diluc, Qiqi and Ganyu now and it feels like at this point I have what I need and the most logical option is to stop giving Mihoyo any money at all until the resin and artifacts situations are fixed. I can only really play to farm anything maybe a day or two a week and the amount of resin/rewards for resin/artifacts rng is fucking absurd. It'd take me literal months to build a single 4 character team to high levels. And maybe I'll go right ahead and do that because at the moment I still mostly enjoy the game, but they aren't getting any more money from me until they fix this mess. In particular my problem is that I have a day or 2 a week to farm anything at all, yet when I finally do I'm almost immediately out of resin which prevents me from even doing that. Letting my unused resin throughout the week stockpile would go a very long way.

Whether it's more resin, better rewards, less RNG with artifacts or some combination of that...something must be done asap. The problem with this I'm guessing is that they're making a ton of $$$ and so won't give a flying shit what someone like me thinks until it's entirely too late.

Last edited:
Top Bottom