• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

You mean the PISS colored one? No.
If that's the color of your piss, you need a LOT more water in your life lol
Never gonna happen man. It's absolutely impossible in F2P games. They want you login every day and/or being frustrated enough to spend money.
The only thing I don't understand is why the Resin Cap doesn't increase with Adventure Rank. Literally EVERY other gacha game I've played works that way. It makes no sense why they did it this way.

That said, the addition of Condensed Resin has alleviated some of my resin woes.. but the cap is still too low.

Fuz

Banned
Literally EVERY other gacha game I've played works that way. It makes no sense why they did it this way.
DFOO doesn't. But the stamina system in DFOO is tied just to a particular farming in the game (and right now I have around 1500 items that reset the stamina to max).

Fuz

Banned
My electro team fucking hates this challenge.
K8Tdx.gif
1050 points at normal for now.

Maybe I should 50 someone else, so I'll get some more wishes.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Got just over 1000 on normal. My lvl.50-60s can't really handle hard. Either die or too slow. (mostly die though)

Looks like it might need ~2000 each day to get the namecard (14000) - I would like that but seems out of reach.

Those regen crystals are a pain to find at the end amongst all the other glowing blue stuff.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

1000 on Hard. Expert is too much for me. Maybe I should drop enemy health increase.
Did you try normal ? - looks like the hypostatis is way weaker at lower difficulys- if you can do it on hard, you'll probably 10second it on normal - there are around 1800 points to get there ...

Aenima

Simple math for this event. If you guys want the event exclusive reward (profile card), ya need a total of 14k points. So that will be 2k points per challenge.

To reach 2k in the 1st challenge i had to put it on hard, limit time of 300s, boss with +100% hp, then all other handicaps turned on, except the physical res handicap.

Did it solo, after a couple tries using mostly Xiangling as she gets a damage bonus. Can be done in co-op but thers no matchmaking.

No resin needed. To get the primo gems rewar just need to complete each challenge once, no matter how many points.

Fake

Tried on expect and increase the enemy healthy to 100%. Its not that hard if you choise well your party. The timer still the deal break for me.

Why every event need to get a timer? Thats why geo chars sucks.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Never gonna happen man. It's absolutely impossible in F2P games.
Their other game, honkai, does exactly that, overflow a percentage of unused stamina, so you can claim it when you need it.

Most gacha games also have some kind of stamina restore item, and they introduce more of it as the game goes on, some of them let you overflow with the item restore as well.

Dregnel

Their other game, honkai, does exactly that, overflow a percentage of unused stamina, so you can claim it when you need it.

Most gacha games also have some kind of stamina restore item, and they introduce more of it as the game goes on, some of them let you overflow with the item restore as well.
our restore/storage item is the condesed resin it works in the same way, you have enough stamina in honkai because fighting bosses costs tickets and it doesn't have RNG hell.

Last edited:

crumbs

The new event is interesting, was able to hit around 2400 on expert.

Already had one glitch: after finishing off the all 3 parts of the end stage of the boss with about 10 seconds left, the challenge didn't stop and I sat there as the timer ended with no boss to fight :messenger_frowning_ Only happened once, but still irritating.

BlackM1st

Banned
2475 on Expert with a friends help.

He has QiQi at C2 D:

My DPS is lacking and we did just 1 try. Good enough for me. We sure as Hell can kill it, but I don't wanna bother with it.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
our restore/storage item is the condesed resin it works in the same way, you have enough stamina in honkai because fighting bosses costs tickets and it doesn't have RNG hell.
No genshin has resin restore items, condensed resin is just to increase the efficiency of resin.
And Honkai also had much more rng when it started and overflow stamina took like 2 years for them to add.

But I digress, the point is that genshin is still "young", most gacha games get better stamina restore stuff as time goes on.

Pejo

I'll be doing this later with my friend and gf, but I thought I'd try it solo just to gauge how tough it is. If you don't get hit, taking all of the increased damage ones seems like the no brainer. First try solo and here's what I got with a team of 80Childe/71Xiangling/71Fischl/80Jean (I proably should have switched out fischl but I just ran in as a "dry run":
2seLixH.png

That said, this is by far the toughest event we've had yet if you plan on soloing the whole thing.

BlackM1st

Banned
That said, this is by far the toughest event we've had yet if you plan on soloing the whole thing.
Yeah.

Technically I can beat it solo, my DPS is enough to move enemy HP down (BARELY), but it will take too much time and with time there's almost a guarantee that you will get hit once.

And after 1 hit(I.e. death) there's no coming back for me as I have no powerful supports/good secondary DPS and my team just crumbles.

My C6 Noel is lvl 40 or something like that ;(

x@3f*oo_e!

All the others have scaled with level (WL/AR?) I gained AR during the Meteor event with Fischl/Mona and discovered that I could barely do the time challenge anymore

.. I think this is the first event that favors high level characters (Primogems still easy, but not the points rewards)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah.

Technically I can beat it solo, my DPS is enough to move enemy HP down (BARELY), but it will take too much time and with time there's almost a guarantee that you will get hit once.

And after 1 hit(I.e. death) there's no coming back for me as I have no powerful supports/good secondary DPS and my team just crumbles.

My C6 Noel is lvl 40 or something like that ;(

My Noelle helped next time, but something happen between. I dunno if its a bug or not, but it looks like the cube ignored elemental shield created by her reaction. The shield remains there, but no damage absorbing at all.

Might as well consider trying co-op and see if I can raise my score.

BlackM1st

Banned
Might as well consider trying co-op and see if I can raise my score.
It helps immensely just for reducing targeted attacks on your character. 75% of cube attacks are directed only at 1 character. I imagine having a full 4p team will make the whole event trivial.

Dregnel

No genshin has resin restore items, condensed resin is just to increase the efficiency of resin.
And Honkai also had much more rng when it started and overflow stamina took like 2 years for them to add.

But I digress, the point is that genshin is still "young", most gacha games get better stamina restore stuff as time goes on.

yeah maybe when the most people quit the game, it's hard to find party in co-op in honkai but I don't see this game falling so fast since the competition is also incompetent and with less AAA quality.

x@3f*oo_e!

Just did 3015 points solo. Reccorded a video if anyone wanna see my strategy.

When you get the clock face that fires the homing orbs it's not immune - so Ganyu/Diona/Amber can get off charged shots .. distance helps - fire then dash forward past the orb [50% of the time I still get hit] .. alternatively Noelle's shield can just tank the (some of) hits while you fire ..

Also when the rotating laser beams start - I dash in then Xiangling - this is the best opportunity in the fight to use Sucrose's ultimate (or whatever) at the thing stays there for multiple hits - the final contraction does some damage, but is fairly easy to read (the laser's stop first), and you can dash dash out to avoid damage ..

I always get messed up by the swirling swirls thing.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I did a 10-pull in the permanent banner and I've got... the stupid trap. The one I was avoiding in Ganyu's banner.

I swear, this game is trying to give me all the characters I detest.

LOLCats

Banned
I did a 10-pull in the permanent banner and I've got... the stupid trap. The one I was avoiding in Ganyu's banner.

he's actually pretty high on the tier list of 4stars just leave him in the side and then maybe later you want to level him up.

I got one at level 60 he does cool things when you mix with other element party members.

but also, ya im here for the waifus not the "not sure boys".

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Most of 4 star characters I have are pretty damn good. The ones I would say are exception are Xynian(because shes still bugged) and Beidou(because her counter marks her with electro, putting a huge disavantage against other reactions).

BlackM1st

Banned
Beidou(because her counter marks her with electro, putting a huge disavantage against other reactions)
No way man. Girl is amazing. Her counter is so satisfying to use <3 I love to gather around some enemies and lure them to explosive barrels. One swing and BOOM there goes the whole group while you're absolutely unscathed xD

BlackM1st

Banned

Haha. I never use him personally. But! He's AMAZING for crafting talent books. Consider yourself lucky, there are much more useless companions xD Having a craftsmanship bonus is always good.

Saber

Gold Member
No way man. Girl is amazing. Her counter is so satisfying to use <3 I love to gather around some enemies and lure them to explosive barrels. One swing and BOOM there goes the whole group while you're absolutely unscathed xD

She is, I play with her alot and like her. But my main concern stands.
Marking herself with electro is very dangerous. The strongest elemental reactions comes from electro. Specially with enemies that can throws you elemental damage at ease. Is a different case from Barbara, which marks herself with water but for a very short time.

crumbs

Xingqiu with a favonius sword (energy recharge to keep his burst available) is pretty handy when paired with a Pyro and/or cryo characters.

His skill is fine & the healing appreciated, but it's cool down is pretty long.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
She is, I play with her alot and like her. But my main concern stands.
Marking herself with electro is very dangerous. The strongest elemental reactions comes from electro. Specially with enemies that can throws you elemental damage at ease. Is a different case from Barbara, which marks herself with water but for a very short time.
Nah, it's ok imo. At least I never had problems with her electric status. Maybe because I built her as a main tank and she's twice as "fat" as my DPS characters. She can withstand wolf's main attack and lose like 20% of her heath bar xD

BlackM1st

Banned
still trying to pick the top 8..
Hah.

Well, I think in the end game (spiral Abyss) you will need at least 4 good enough characters to make 2 teams.

Sure, as time goes by you will level up all characters and will be busy farming artifacts ad nauseam, but before that it's better to concentrate on 2 main characters imo.

Top Bottom