• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Who will be the rarest waifu? Yoimiya or Kokomi?

Probably YMY because as you can see, there's lot's of mermaid fans out there...

kSw594C.jpg

And YMY is sleeping with fishes...
al pacino GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
I have Yoimiya and together with Ei she is an atom bomb. I use her all the time.

That is why there is this thought in my head, what if people are as wrong about Kokomi as they were about Yoimiya.

No one was wrong about her.

We knew that she's a capable off field 1 trick pony. While having charged shot weaker than Amber's lol

The question is, who wants such stuff? Looks like not many people. Compare her performance to Ayaka and Baal both meta and money wise. Numbers don't lie.

I have Yoimiya and together with Ei she is an atom bomb. I use her all the time.

That is why there is this thought in my head, what if people are as wrong about Kokomi as they were about Yoimiya.
Were they really wrong though? They judged the character based on the state of the game at the time. The fact that Yoimiya can now be paired with a new character was impossible to tell back then. A similar situation might be in store for Kokomi. Who knows.

Besides, if you already have Yoimiya, Raiden Shogun, and you're now thinking about pulling for Kokomi too... I doubt you're strapped for primogems. If that's the case, just do whatever you want man. Screw it, you only live once. I think most people are really hesitant to wish for characters because they can't possibly get them all. I skipped multiple banners to get Raiden Shogun. I'll have to skip more if I want Ganyu too. That's how it is for most players. If you got the cash and you like the way she looks/plays, I'm sure she'll be a good enough addition to many teams. Heck, she's worth it just to get rid of Xinqiu right?

Lupingosei

Banned
Were they really wrong though? They judged the character based on the state of the game at the time. The fact that Yoimiya can now be paired with a new character was impossible to tell back then. A similar situation might be in store for Kokomi. Who knows.

Besides, if you already have Yoimiya, Raiden Shogun, and you're now thinking about pulling for Kokomi too... I doubt you're strapped for primogems. If that's the case, just do whatever you want man. Screw it, you only live once. I think most people are really hesitant to wish for characters because they can't possibly get them all. I skipped multiple banners to get Raiden Shogun. I'll have to skip more if I want Ganyu too. That's how it is for most players. If you got the cash and you like the way she looks/plays, I'm sure she'll be a good enough addition to many teams. Heck, she's worth it just to get rid of Xinqiu right?
Actually, I am down to zero at the moment. I spend what I earn. I always had enough, thanks to all the content, the Welkin Moon and Battlepass, so I did not have to buy (except for BP and WM). I think I started at a good point at the end of April, there was always content, always events, always something and because I love to play like a human Roomba, getting every treasure chest, everything that I find, I never had to starve for primos. Also and this might jinx it now, I won every 50/50 until Raiden and got her the next 10 throw after Jean. I only missed Klee so far, because I did not have enough primos, which was in hindsight a blessing because Kaz is one of my most important characters.

Actually, I am down to zero at the moment. I spend what I earn. I always had enough, thanks to all the content, the Welkin Moon and Battlepass, so I did not have to buy (except for BP and WM). I think I started at a good point at the end of April, there was always content, always events, always something and because I love to play like a human Roomba, getting every treasure chest, everything that I find, I never had to starve for primos. Also and this might jinx it now, I won every 50/50 until Raiden and got her the next 10 throw after Jean. I only missed Klee so far, because I did not have enough primos, which was in hindsight a blessing because Kaz is one of my most important characters.
You're pretty lucky then. But like you said, the pace at which you'll be able to get primos will slow down significantly when there's no new areas to explore. You might want to get a bit more conservative with how you spend your resources. Kokomi could still be worth it for you, but I'd wait for the consensus on her after she's been out for a week or two.

Who's that? Never seen her before in my life. Is that a skin for Keqing or Qiqi? I have a bunch of those!

BlackM1st

Banned
Who's that? Never seen her before in my life. Is that a skin for Keqing or Qiqi? I have a bunch of those!
Haha, I see.

Confused Harry Potter GIF

Have her at C1 and Electric Cat at C1 too

Fortunately I got all standard 5☆ already (losing all 50/50 on C3 Baal "helped") so at least future constellations wouldn't hurt as much because I have everyone already regardless.

I just... I just hope it wouldn't be Diluc.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna bother with him. Maybe if he'll get a better skin. His winter coat looks ridiculous to me lol

Last pull I did, she came to me.

make a wish instagram GIF

Grats. She's amazing.

Pejo

Leakers are back at it again, these new guys are saying Yae isn't until 2.5 which would put her out until the end of January. I don't believe that MHY would make everyone wait that long considering her model and VA is already ready to go. I was also kinda hoping we'd be in Sumeru by then.

*edit*

I hope for 2.1 they just make all weekly bosses 30 resin. Too much weekly resin is going to world bosses now. They could cut us some slack, it's not like we can repeat farm them.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Leakers are back at it again, these new guys are saying Yae isn't until 2.5 which would put her out until the end of January. I don't believe that MHY would make everyone wait that long considering her model and VA is already ready to go. I was also kinda hoping we'd be in Sumeru by then.

*edit*

I hope for 2.1 they just make all weekly bosses 30 resin. Too much weekly resin is going to world bosses now. They could cut us some slack, it's not like we can repeat farm them.
Doesn't really make sense. If we go by 1.x, the late end of the patch cycle has probably another Shogun Rerun with her 2nd Story. I think Ayato and some other Inazuma characters would probably hit, too.

Lupingosei

Banned
The new event is anti-content. Sending your party on an expedition without anything else to do is the most boring concept ever. Yes, for the S-Class missions you have to kill some monsters first, but that is not content.

Pejo

The new event is anti-content. Sending your party on an expedition without anything else to do is the most boring concept ever. Yes, for the S-Class missions you have to kill some monsters first, but that is not content.
This is typical end of 1st half of a patch "content". Usually something passive or minimal time investments that they don't have to spend any effort on. Part of me thinks it's built this way for casuals to give them time to catch up on stuff from earlier in the patch, but it's really probably just because they still aren't keeping up with content development and need to throw filler shit in there.

I guarantee most casuals haven't 100%'d the islands yet, much less run out of Inazuma things to do, so for them this is probably a nice thing.
Ahahahah oh my sweet summer child.
Well it was what, July when 2.0 released? I guess that would put the next big patch at March. I just worry that with Inazuma they blew their load a little early by not spacing out the islands. Watatsumi absolutely needed some more time to cook.
The cooking will be this week, right?
We're having another cooking event?

Pejo

For the new spectre event, don't accept the expedition rewards if you haven't already. The primogems aren't being received and they're aware of it. Apologems incoming.

BlackM1st

Banned
Apologems incoming.
Got 60 just now in my mail 📧 box.

My expeditions are still going, so let's see of I'll get the proper rewards too.

With so much free primogems I wonder if the next patch will have less primos to make it even in MiHo eyes haha

Pejo

Boy, not a whole lot to show for her huh? Hope she's good in some sort of way.

She was really a missed opportunity to have her be a secret villain and a cold hearted bitch. That'd be the perfect juxtaposition to Shogun being a decent person meditating inside of a singularly focused robot. I hope her story quest isn't us just running around helping out Sangonomiya NPCs to show us daily responsibilities for the head priestess. I've had enough of that shit.

Ah well, here's hoping she's got a good use. I've got about 40~ rolls so far, with the 10 freebies from the login event, the upcoming standard rewards, and the Oct shop wishes, I should be able to hit the 50/50 without much issue.

YukiOnna

Boy, not a whole lot to show for her huh? Hope she's good in some sort of way.

She was really a missed opportunity to have her be a secret villain and a cold hearted bitch. That'd be the perfect juxtaposition to Shogun being a decent person meditating inside of a singularly focused robot. I hope her story quest isn't us just running around helping out Sangonomiya NPCs to show us daily responsibilities for the head priestess. I've had enough of that shit.

Ah well, here's hoping she's got a good use. I've got about 40~ rolls so far, with the 10 freebies from the login event, the upcoming standard rewards, and the Oct shop wishes, I should be able to hit the 50/50 without much issue.
They never did follow up on her jellyfish/mermaid based symbolism at all... hell I think this is the first time they didn't even drop proper lore in a trailer. Nothing really on Enkanomiya or Orobashi either.

I'm in the same place you're at so I should get her... or ghosted by Diluc C1.

Pejo

They never did follow up on her jellyfish/mermaid based symbolism at all... hell I think this is the first time they didn't even drop proper lore in a trailer. Nothing really on Enkanomiya or Orobashi either.

I'm in the same place you're at so I should get her... or ghosted by Diluc C1.
Yea that was a very dry trailer other than the visuals. That's why I'm not hopeful that her quest is going to be good either. We'll probably see her fleshed out a bit more when we go underwater to explore that area, likely in a much later patch. I just hope she's not as boring of a character as she seems. The intro trailer making her talk about war and strategy gave me a little hope that she's not just a "I will do anything for my people" yadda yadda trope.

I dunno if you tried fighting the Hydro cube, but it's my least favorite material boss in the whole game. Absolutely shit fight, and I'm not just saying that because Childe is useless vs. it. Tons of invulnerable phases and you only get like 3-4 seconds to dish out damage when it's able to be attacked. I just finished getting Sara max ascended today, so that's the only boss left for me to fight. I'm kinda dreading it.

YukiOnna

Yea that was a very dry trailer other than the visuals. That's why I'm not hopeful that her quest is going to be good either. We'll probably see her fleshed out a bit more when we go underwater to explore that area, likely in a much later patch. I just hope she's not as boring of a character as she seems. The intro trailer making her talk about war and strategy gave me a little hope that she's not just a "I will do anything for my people" yadda yadda trope.

I dunno if you tried fighting the Hydro cube, but it's my least favorite material boss in the whole game. Absolutely shit fight, and I'm not just saying that because Childe is useless vs. it. Tons of invulnerable phases and you only get like 3-4 seconds to dish out damage when it's able to be attacked. I just finished getting Sara max ascended today, so that's the only boss left for me to fight. I'm kinda dreading it.
Yep I did. I can't tell which is worse, Hydro or Cryo Cube since the revival phase of the latter is horrendous. Is Hydro requirement for Kokomi?

Pejo

Yep I did. I can't tell which is worse, Hydro or Cryo Cube since the revival phase of the latter is horrendous. Is Hydro requirement for Kokomi?
Yep, so get ready to farm it a bunch if you win the 50/50.

I never had an issue with Cryo cube, I thought it was one of the less offensive ones. The trick is to have somebody with a quick charge attack like a spear/sword to hit those spikes back at it at the end of the fight to break it's shield. If you try to do it with Diluc or a claymore, it sucks.

YukiOnna

Yep, so get ready to farm it a bunch if you win the 50/50.

I never had an issue with Cryo cube, I thought it was one of the less offensive ones. The trick is to have somebody with a quick charge attack like a spear/sword to hit those spikes back at it at the end of the fight to break it's shield. If you try to do it with Diluc or a claymore, it sucks.
Saved my ass because I was doing it with a claymore, lol.

I don't know how they fail with the cubes when Electro Oceanid is a pretty well designed boss. I like to fight it at least.

Pejo

Saved my ass because I was doing it with a claymore, lol.

I don't know how they fail with the cubes when Electro Oceanid is a pretty well designed boss. I like to fight it at least.
Agreed, Thundernid is fun enough. Granted, I just Ganyu'd the shit out of him for both Shogun and Sara's materials, so it barely lived long enough to get its entire moveset out, but it was a cool fight, and great unlock conditions to even get to it.

I actually like Pyro cube. Out of all the cubes, it's probably my favorite. It follows a different pattern than most cubes in that it has 2 health bars essentially instead of 5 mins of invulnerability. Probably depends if you have a good Hydro character built or not though. Without Mona or Tart I could see that one being a pain. I guess Barbie does fine to get his first health bar down.

So assuming they move more characters to the standard banner for the anniversary, who do you guys think goes there first? I'm guessing Albedo, Klee, and Xiao. Klee's already had her rerun, two events where she was present, and is a pretty major character in Mondstadt. Albedo had low banner sales and I doubt will do any better on a rerun. Also there are no 5* geo characters currently in standard banner. Xiao is in a similar position to Albedo but I think his rerun banner will do a little better and is the least likely to get moved out of the 3 I guessed. Tart also seems like a candidate here, so maybe him instead.

Actually I was doing cryo cube with Xinyan -bounce two spikes back and then burst and start normal dmg rotation.

But yeah those trailers for Kokomi do pretty much nothing for me. I might still pull since I feel bad for unpopular waifus but that will depend on her trial if i like her gameplay.

Btw will they annouce both 5 stars of 2.2 before her banner end?

Lupingosei

Banned
Kokomi is in a real weird place for a 5 star. Not as bad as Keqing, but still. Maybe her story mission is attached to the last island and she will get some background.

We will see.

BlackM1st

Banned
But yeah those trailers for Kokomi do pretty much nothing for me. I might still pull since I feel bad for unpopular waifus but that will depend on her trial if i like her gameplay.
Lmao. Waifus support group.

We'll probably see her fleshed out a bit more when we go underwater to explore that area, likely in a much later patch.
Season 18 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

as bad as Keqing, but still
She's worse. Keqing has an amazing overworld utility in Inazuma. Exploring electro Islands with her is a bliss.

She was really a missed opportunity to have her be a secret villain and a cold hearted bitch.
Still hoping for the ancient snake revival. Should be GI'S Dagon. And his people should be some sort of mad cultists/ fishmen

gwent-gwentcard.gif

P.S. Kokomi final form:
tumblr_ngsdzhg9SF1tb0umho1_500.gif

Lupingosei

Banned
I just heared the funniest shit.

They wanted us to go to Fontaine first, would have been like France, a lot of Moulin Rouge style characters (catgirls, bunnygirls, lots of stockings), but they have to censor them first now.

Also Lynette and especially Lyney will get changed after the newiest declarations of the CCP. Fontaine was far more advanced than Sumeru before the change.

Lupingosei

Banned
Good. So there's some good that comes from that censoring madness...
Why? The whole storyline in Fontaine was about excess, arts and culture anyway and for that it was fitting.

The whole thing was already so far advanced, so many storylines. Yanfei getting into a legal battle, Mona getting into trouble because of her astrology column in the biggest newspaper in Fontaine, Xiangling having a culinary battle and even the archons had some story, Zhongli being awkward and Venti feeling right at home.

In addition, some of the Fatui harbingers were a perfect fit for that

Lupingosei

Banned
Have you seen "him"? Another Venti like trap trash.

84a5ed23d18ea6d4c80ae83835c0af5e6130d6cfr1-768-768v2_hq.jpg

Mmm... sexy stockings 😍

Ugh. Garbage.
I don't see that as a problem, you have your stoic men as well, standing strong and tall. (Zhongli, Diluc, or Xiao) Variation is not a bad thing.

Even among the female characters you got Jean or Ninguangg.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't see that as a problem, you have your stoic men as well, standing strong and tall. (Zhongli, Diluc, or Xiao) Variation is not a bad thing.

Even among the female characters you got Jean or Ninguangg.
No no no, bro. This shit is exactly like furries from Sonic.
3gKEAsf.jpg
Submissive and "breedable". Ugh. 🤢

Great games / nice universe and trash community thanks to that kind of garbage

Besides, there's a theory that this sexy fuck boi can be a secondary/primary stance for his sister similar to Tart's water daggers so it would be kinda hard to ignore lol

All in all, here's my stance on such "heroes":

Kill It With Fire GIF

Top Bottom