• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
You already have Klee/Diluc/Whotao, give supports a chance
Yeah, um... No.
denied GIF

I'm also extra salty because of Baal. If she is also a support that leaves only Ayaka as a prime DPS option in the "near" future. Inazuma. More like Suppotozuma :mad:

BlackM1st

Banned
What's interesting about Baal being a support is that she was rumored to be a DMG character and one of the reasons why Electric Cat feels kinda underwhelming. People said that MiHo didn't wanted to make her "stronger than a God". I wonder what changed. If that mf in a giant hat will end up to be a prime electro/Inazuma DMG hero I will flip.

Pejo

What's interesting about Baal being a support is that she was rumored to be a DMG character and one of the reasons why Electric Cat feels kinda underwhelming. People said that MiHo didn't wanted to make her "stronger than a God". I wonder what changed. If that mf in a giant hat will end up to be a prime electro/Inazuma DMG hero I will flip.
Honestly I wouldn't believe any of the rumors about Inazuma or beyond just yet. There was that whole discord bullshit where everybody was making fake leaks about a month ago and most of the shit we have heard of since then is from those. Still, Archons as supports does certainly seem to be a pattern so far, and there's been enough """""reputable""""" leakers that confirmed a few things by now, such as Yomiya and her kit, Ayaka getting a rework, Electro MC skills.

Anyways, some interesting Global info on Spiral Abyss usage. Looks like freeze comps are getting a lot of looks, but I'm happy to see Cheld double Pyro comp doing well too.

*edit* and here comes the awful TUMBLR lesbian shipping art for Amber/Eula. God dammit I hate yuri shippers so much.

f0u4rwhzbuz61.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Honestly I wouldn't believe any of the rumors about Inazuma or beyond just yet. There was that whole discord bullshit where everybody was making fake leaks about a month ago and most of the shit we have heard of since then is from those. Still, Archons as supports does certainly seem to be a pattern so far, and there's been enough """""reputable""""" leakers that confirmed a few things by now, such as Yomiya and her kit, Ayaka getting a rework, Electro MC skills.

Anyways, some interesting Global info on Spiral Abyss usage. Looks like freeze comps are getting a lot of looks, but I'm happy to see Cheld double Pyro comp doing well too.

*edit* and here comes the awful TUMBLR lesbian shipping art for Amber/Eula. God dammit I hate yuri shippers so much.

f0u4rwhzbuz61.png

Nightmare fuel ahahah

crumbs

Minor complaint about the teapot: They want you to place a certain number of indoor and outdoor sets to advance the teapot notebook, but some of these furniture sets are really awkwardly designed that it makes them difficult to place. One of the bedroom sets is sized so that there's always a bunch of wasted space.

A lot of the appeal of the teapot is personal customization, so the requirement to place pre-configured sets is really counter-intuitive. The menu system for the sets could also be ore user friendly, like showing which sets you already have placed.

Aenima

Minor complaint about the teapot: They want you to place a certain number of indoor and outdoor sets to advance the teapot notebook, but some of these furniture sets are really awkwardly designed that it makes them difficult to place. One of the bedroom sets is sized so that there's always a bunch of wasted space.

A lot of the appeal of the teapot is personal customization, so the requirement to place pre-configured sets is really counter-intuitive. The menu system for the sets could also be ore user friendly, like showing which sets you already have placed.
You can rearrange the furniture inside a set without "breaking" the set. When you place a set, thers a yellow circle around it, you can move the furniture of the set inside that yellow circle and it will remain market as a set.

Right now i dont care much about how things look, but the fireplace set, i rearrange it by moving some of the furniture pieces to fit the room i wanted to place it.

crumbs

You can rearrange the furniture inside a set without "breaking" the set. When you place a set, thers a yellow circle around it, you can move the furniture of the set inside that yellow circle and it will remain market as a set.

Right now i dont care much about how things look, but the fireplace set, i rearrange it by moving some of the furniture pieces to fit the room i wanted to place it.

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I assumed that moving anything afterward would "break" the set and the yellow circle was the buffer it needed to be placed.

The housing interface could use some tweaks to make this stuff more intuitive.

Pejo

You can place them and then tear them back down immediately, you get the rank xp as soon as you put them down. Like I mentioned the other day, you share furniture between realm layouts, so just wait until rank 8 when you unlock a second one. Then you just make the one layout that gives you the highest adeptal energy (full of jade screens and lion statues), then make the other one look nice using only the furniture/sets you actually like. The way MHY introduced this, they basically want everybody to rush to rank 8 which is kinda stupid.

I'm trying to do a little thinking about what a Eula team looks like, with the characters that I currently have. She needs an Electro for Superconduct. On paper, my C6 Razor is the best for this because his ele skill applies Electro and defense down (a unique debuff that isn't the same as Phys Res down, which superconduct gives). Then I could swap to Eula and do her skill to apply superconduct and put the hurt on with whatever. Unfortunately the best Pyro for her is probably Gouba or Xinyan.

Fuck it, how stupid would I be for making a claymore team of Eula/Xinyan/Razor/Noelle? I generally always like having a bow character to snipe tower archer hilichurls though.

BlackM1st

Banned
Oh my god, she's so BORING.
Gave her additional 20 pulls to my normal 10 pull because I'm skipping the next patch anyway. Nothing. Well, I got 2 additional drunkard milf (<3) and the Bell which is new to me. 30 pulls down the drain, but hey, building pity is a thing, so I can't complain too much. And yeah, she's really a wet noodle in the gameplay department. Beidou is so much more fun to actually play...

Saber

Gold Member
Man being on the west coast in the US is pain. I think only Hawaii gets these banners later than I do.

Only you?
Still 2 hours before the banner comes here. Whatafuck is wrong with them? Banner changes usually comes afternoon.

Pejo

By the way, did you guys get the 2factor pop up when you logged in today? I got it once, but only once.

Ladioss

Pulled two Xinyan today and her test run reminded me of how much more fun than Noelle she can be. I'm tempted to build her.

Pejo

Pulled two Xinyan today and her test run reminded me of how much more fun than Noelle she can be. I'm tempted to build her.
I like her a lot. Granted I have her at C2 for the guaranteed level 3 shield on her Burst, but she makes a decent (not great) off-field Pyro lighter. I remember that right after she was released, some dude solo'd an abyss 12-something floor with just her spin attack. Obviously a whale with probably good artifacts, but still.

Fuz

Banned
but she makes a decent (not great) off-field Pyro lighter
She sucks. CD on elemental skill is way too long.

Anyway, I'm so bored with this game that I started playing another gacha.
p73onc5hxeta.jpg

At least this one Exos Heroes has a much better character design and gives tons of free pulls and currency.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
2 pulls of 10.

Got nothing in the first one. But the next gave me 2 Xynians! Sure, I got Eula as well, but my sweet lady here got the constelations I need. No more need to spend prymos, no sir. Until the new anemo character folks.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I've been playing around with Eula in her trial. I kinda like her kit now that I have had some exposure to it. She essentially a self stack building unit, but very selfish about being on the field. Her kit is not flashy at all but I can see the general playstyle they're going for, and boy does that big light sword thing do some nice burst damage. Of course they pick one of the only enemy types in the game weak to physical damage, but that's to be expected with their trial shenanigans.

Regardless, I still have 20 days, so I'll keep throwing my primos at it. I'd like to pull her to have as a project sometime.

I got Zhongli in my last 10 pulls and found out about his shield bot build using Black Tassel weapon. As its a 3 star weapon whatever I had got earlier was probably used as fodder so I decided to try and pull it from the character banner. Thought doing a 10 pull would be safe as I am so far away from any kind of pity. Then this happens.

Eula.jpg

I was not impressed as there was no Black Tassel in those pulls. There was another Diona though which is in page 2. Since my objective was not fulfilled and I didn't want to waste more pulls on this crap banner I decided to test my luck. Leveled up Eula to 20 and ascended her to get an acquaint fate from that and then used it to do a pull on the standard banner. This was the result:

Tassel.jpg

So this is how I got Black Tassel weapon. True story.

BlackM1st

Banned
Regardless, I still have 20 days, so I'll keep throwing my primos at it. I'd like to pull her to have as a project sometime.
sure cady heron GIF

Isn't her CD shorter than Noelle ?
It doesn't matter man. Noelle C6 is an unstoppable killing/healing/shielding machine. I love her more than my Geo Lord.

a much better character design
ohG59x0.jpg

Bless your heart, you finally saw the light...

I hope 20 days is enough to land me some good rolls 'cause she basically did this to me rn

BqLGx1b.jpg
Season 19 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

I knew people would summon for Eula. What else is there to do? I'm holding strong though. Gotta believe something better'll come along. Eventually. Right?

BlackM1st

Banned
Eventually. Right?
Right. Eventually.

What else is there to do?
I dunno man, just yesterday I finally found a decent hat for Klee and gave her old hat to Cocogoat. Both of them are unstoppable killing machines, but boy do they faraway from being complete. Cocogoat still rocks 1 purple artifact for example and Klee has only x2 set bonuses. And look for how long I have them. Now imagine in what state my other 5☆ are lol. And don't get me started on 4☆...

I dunno man, just yesterday I finally found a decent hat for Klee and gave her old hat to Cocogoat. Both of them are unstoppable killing machines, but boy do they faraway from being complete. Cocogoat still rocks 1 purple artifact for example and Klee has only x2 set bonuses. And look for how long I have them. Now imagine in what state my other 5☆ are lol. And don't get me started on 4☆...
Farming artifacts is like beating your head against a wall. It's hardly satisfying, even if you randomly get a good one once in a while.

Saber

Gold Member
Farming artifacts is like beating your head against a wall. It's hardly satisfying, even if you randomly get a good one once in a while.

Anything is hardly satisfying in this game, at least in terms of domains. You spend tons of resins on dungeons that are mostly challenging for a chance to get what you want, plus the RNG.
And don't get me start on talents. Sometimes the game don't even give you the gold talents, despite you challenging the last levels.

Last edited:
Anything is hardly satisfying in this game, at least in terms of domains. You spend tons of resins on dungeons that are mostly challenging for a chance to get what you want, plus the RNG.
And don't get me start on talents. Sometimes the game don't even give you the gold talents, despite you challenging the last levels.
At least with talents you're certain to make slow but steady progress. I did 6 domains with condensed resin today for artifacts, and I never got any for the sets I need. They really should just do a daily rotation, like they do for the talent books.

BlackM1st

Banned
Kinda off topic, but this was taken from a Girls Frontline stream. If only miHoYo was this awesome:

6u8hrfbt50071.png
Yeah lol. Gfl creator is someone like Kojima. A total nerd and a guy who's really passionate about his projects. Just look at gfl collabs. MiHo is a corporate monster with no identity or heart behind its facade. GFL2 looks and sounds amazing. It's the reason I stopped playing GFL lol BTW its story is actually good too lol

Yeah and newsflash man, without artifacts EULA is doomed to mediocrity just like any other character not named Cocogoat and Klee. Pulling for EULA and stare at her ass just for the sake of it is also a hardly satisfying experience imo. Why pull and not build you heroes? Download some hentai games with mods and call it a day. More "assets" and less investments lol so yeah, you asked, I answered.

what if i already have klee, what am i suppose to do? her booty is too strong, i must not pull, help!! send leaks!

p8u0JTV.png
Ayaka is just around the corner bro. Almost here, almost here...

They really should just do a daily rotation, like they do for the talent books.
That would kill their main gating mechanism. I don't believe that they will ever let us farm only that sets that we actually want. But artifacts has a long way to go. For starters we need a proper preset system that we can save and load.
Sometimes the game don't even give you the gold talents, despite you challenging the last levels.
Sometimes lol More like most of the times. Thank God for BP and water trap talent...

Pejo

8f4r4wwu44071.png

People are trying to say she's just a nickname for an Amber rework. As much as I wish that were true, there's too much info about her for that to happen. She appears to have a 2 level charge shot with explosions that cause a downward arrow rain over time. Hope it's longer than Amber's 2 second burst. Regardless, I just really hope she's not another Pyro carry DPS.

Look at all the females released so far, it's fucking absurd: Klee(pyro)->Diona(cryo)->Xinyan(pyro)->Ganyu(cryo)->HuTao(pyro)->Rosaria(cryo)->Yanfei(pyro)->Eula(cryo)->Yoimiya(pyro)->Ayaka(cryo)

Why are they so scared of other elements, holy shit.

Top Bottom