• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

I think I read that 3.6 will be a Sumeru scholar event where we do one minigame for each "darshan" or whatever.

I didn't watch the special program - is there a new explorable area in 3.6?

Fake

I think I read that 3.6 will be a Sumeru scholar event where we do one minigame for each "darshan" or whatever.

Yes. Kinda mix of desert with forest, like an Oasis.

You can both find the new weekly boss and open world boss.

But I was expecting 3.7 to be Fountaine, but will be at 3.8

Saber

Gold Member

Another desert with underground sections...same shit different day.

I'm actually more concerned about the fact they gonna extend Sumeru yet for another patch.

Last edited:
I expect two more updates before Fontaine. I don't know what 3.7 will bring, but 3.8 will likely offer a new summer event in the golden apple archipelago. Those 8 banner slots would have just enough room for all the reruns currently lined up.

If those rumors about Fontaine's character designs are true, they can really use that extra time.

Fake

I really can't see they extending Sumeru more and more when Zelda Tears of Kingdom launch day is around the conner.

May is almost here. Unless MHY already accepting some lose in the player base between the may/june.

Pejo

Well both previous nations ended on .8, so I expect Sumeru will too. If it follows the same pattern, 3.8 will be a Mondstadt patch though. So we have 3.6 coming up, 3.7 - Sumeru or Liyue?, 3.8 - Mondstadt, 4.0 - Fontaine.

That's my guess anyways.

Fake

Would be a good time to come back with short updates periods.

Beta program already proved to be complete useless. They never fix things between those alpha/beta phase, besides nerfing new characters or buffing enemies.

Fuz

Banned
Feels like we had Sumeru for a much smaller time than Inazuma and Lyiue, toh.

Not that I'm gonna complain (although I know I'm gonna hate Fontaine terrain worldbuilding even more, due to their new design policies).

Pejo

So I just finished all of Faruzan's hangouts, the one path was actually pretty good. the other 4 was just a bunch of nonsense talking to NPCs though. The light novel stuff wasn't that pervasive, but it was enough to turn me off from the quest almost immediately the other day.

Pejo

This gave me a chuckle.

H1UzFKo.jpg

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

m1yckm55b1sa1.jpg

Leaks are getting weirder and weirder.

KIrara looking 4* after all, shame, I was hoping she'd be good. She is from Liyue though, so she's got that buff working for her.

Saber

Gold Member
m1yckm55b1sa1.jpg

Leaks are getting weirder and weirder.

KIrara looking 4* after all, shame, I was hoping she'd be good. She is from Liyue though, so she's got that buff working for her.

Do we have anything about Kirara? Or is she that generic looking Inazuma character?

Saber

Gold Member
That's the cat girl. I think her leaked kit was a box that makes a shield and shoots cats or something.

69eb3-16784753692180-1920.jpg

I was talking about that girl in yelloish kimono, a bit similar to Sara.
But isn't this one you showed a geo character?

Last edited:

Pejo

I was talking about that girl in yelloish kimono, a bit similar to Sara.
But isn't this one you showed a geo character?
Leakers have been throwing darts at a board, but the accepted theory for now is that the catgirl is 4* Liyue Dendro shielder sword character, the one I just posted an image for.

Inazuma girl seems to be delayed or thrown to the trash heap. Now they're saying only reruns for 3.8. But leakers have been very questionable lately, I think MHY got tired of their shit and have been honeypotting them.

Kirara sounds more like a Japanese name to me. The leaked design also invokes Japan. Makes me question how valid these leaks are.

Not that it really matters. I don't think she's gonna get anyone to pull before Fontaine, especially if she's a 4 star.

Pejo

Kirara sounds more like a Japanese name to me. The leaked design also invokes Japan. Makes me question how valid these leaks are.

Not that it really matters. I don't think she's gonna get anyone to pull before Fontaine, especially if she's a 4 star.
The name was written in the files as "Momoka", which still sounds Inazuman, but then leakers said that it was outdated and her name was Kirara. But yea, since the Fontaine megaleak, their info has been all over the place. I'm sure the lawsuits scared the shit out of a lot of them.

So I mentioned it a long time ago, but ever since getting a bunch of characters, probably since about Dragonspine update, my goal has been to have all of my teams not overlap any characters.

After a bunch of maxing out talents and weapons and levels, I think I finally settled on some permanent teams. I tried to have as many coverages in each team as possible (ranged option - bow preferred, a character able to mine - claymore usually) etc.

I also tried to not use Zhongli at all, just as a personal challenge since he truly trivializes all of the content in the game. Sadly, with the options available to us right now, he's the best fit in my Shenhe dps carry freeze team, since he provides stagger resist and attack buff and omni-shred all in one move. An Anemo shielder would be my preferred choice, but I tried both Jean and Sayu in the team and Shenhe is even worse as a carry when you have to consider knockback. Noelle is a budget Zhongli but her shield uptime is worse and she offers no shred.

Surprisingly, the one character that I couldn't find a replacement for in 2 of my teams was Shinobu. Her frequent AoE Electro, Healing, EM and ATK buffs (with Freedom Sworn and Millelith) is just too damn good.

Anyways (quoted since it's a wall of text):

All-in-one team:
  • Childe/Dehya/Collei/Shinobu
    • This team can cover all shield types (though the ice shields take a while due to how shit Dehya is), and does a surprising amount of damage with Shinobu's EM buffs with Burgeons/Hyperbloom. I was worried about losing a Cryo character for Electro shields, but Dendro does as good or better at breaking them. I wish Dehya wasn't so awful, because an off field Pyro applicator like her was what I wanted since launch. I could probably do much better overall with Xiangling here, but it is what it is. Also, since I have no shielder, it's nice to have those few seconds of knockback resist to deploy everyone's skills and come back to Childe for the Bloom drivng. Collei makes a great off-field Dendro applicator since her skill pulses Dendro for quite a while after she leaves the field and her burst is a rare low energy one. With the way Childe's skill works, it's nice to not have to swap away immediately to keep the Dendro aplication going.
Physical team:
  • Eula/Shogun/Lisa/Diona
    • This one I used to run with Zhongli and Ningguang for the Geo resonance and healing, but the energy regeneration for Eula was so bad, I almost never used her burst because I was always "saving" it for that moment that I needed it. Also I mostly kill everything with normal attacks before the big finisher hit dropped, making it awkward to play. This team is a lot more consistent with having bursts available and Lisa's DEF shred is better than Zhongli's omni shred for pushing big numbers. This team is almost worthless in the overworld because of how fast Eula kills things, it's mostly not even worth swapping around and using skills. Still, a very strong team and does well in the rare moments where I want to do Abyss or vs. bosses. Diona provides good energy particles for Eula, and a shield. Shogun gives extra damage on hit and keeps Superconduct up at all times. Lisa is strictly there for dropping her burst on enemies that don't get bounced around by it to lower their DEF and to provide the electro resonance for ER. With this team, my personal record is up to 1.8 million on Eula's burst, and that's still with sub-standard artifacts.
Physical team 2:
  • Rosaria/Albedo/YunJin/Shionbu
    • This one is basically worthless and just there for fun. Rosaria has the R5 Crescent Pike which is the only thing that keeps this team viable. Basically just big super fast physical numbers with Albedo's Geo flower doing another 18k AoE per hit to any enemy without shields. This team actually has my fastest Childe boss kill time since it requires very little maintenance and physical is great against human type enemies. I tried to use Dori in this team so I didn't overlap Shinobu but she's just fucking awful. Just terrible.
Freeze Team:
  • Shenhe/Chongus/Yelan/Zhongli
    • This is probably my most "tryhard anti-meta" team, which ends up using more meta characters than my other teams. Shenhe's damage just is really hard to salvage. MHY made it purposefully difficult to use her as a DPS carry, and it shows in many parts of her kit, but fuck them. I'll be real, most of the damage of this team comes from Yelan. It's particularly strong vs. single targets that can be frozen, like ridiculously strong, but most bosses sadly cannot be frozen, so it just becomes a cold Yelan DPS team vs. them. But damn you guys should see me 1v1 a ruin guard or one of those big Hilichurls. YEAH BOI!!! Yelan can be swapped for Kokomi for large numbers of weak enemies, but they're so easy to kill these days with any team, that it barely matters. This team has been useful in various events where the enemies keep spawning and the freeze reaction gets a bonus. This team is just pure copium for me because I like using Shenhe as more than an off field Ayaka buffer.
Pyro Team:
  • Diluc/Ganyu/Xiangling/Barbie
    • I don't use this team very often, I don't find the Pyro characters that fun or interesting outside of Yoimiya, but she doesn't work in an AoE team very well. I have Hu Tao but despite trying for a long time, I can't enjoy her HP micromanagement gameplay. When I need to farm that hellhole Cryo talent domain in Mondstadt, I'll switch Zhongli in for Barbie and use this team. This one is just "there" for when I need Pyro specifically. I hope they do something fun for the element in Natlan.
Aggravate:
  • Keqing/Kusanali/Sara/Kokomi
    • Very strong in a lot of situations. I actually like Cyno better than Keqing for Aggravate but he pairs horribly with Kusanali considering things die so fast with the both of them, and you need to swap her back in frequently to reapply Dendro. Cyno's cooldowns and energy requirements need an off-field applicator (like the upcoming Baizhu). Anyways, this team frequently swaps in and out for buffs and application of elements, but it's fun to play and I've been happy they made Keqing very usable after Dendro was introduced.

I have a lot of other characters I try to fit in to various teams, but nothing I like as much as these teams. Sadly I think both Alhaitham and Cyno are going to need Baizhu to really shine, but I don't plan to roll for him. That's why I'm hoping this catgirl shielder rumor is true.

A Pyro healer with off-field application is still my most wanted archetype. Along with a Hydro shielder like Candace should have fucking been.

Pejo

Finally started the new Jeht quest in the upper desert, just finished getting back to the Tanit camp after getting the Djinni.

Damn that little thing is sassy as fuck. Seems to have a built in dislike of desert people too. Now I see what everyone was talking about with the "racist" bottle. I think it fits the story so far though, she obviously was betrayed by the desert folk in the past and everybody is either attacking us or being really suspicious around her so far.

I dunno why I was putting this quest off for so long, it's been absolutely great so far. Lots of interesting lore and I genuinely can't tell what's going to happen other than Jeht being shady as fuck after the Djinni called her our servant.

I really hope she gets a playable version down the line, that'd be a cool path as an NPC that we did a lot of questing with, and she's infinitely better as a character than Rana was, what little we talked to her.

I get really down on this game a lot, but these world quests are still top notch, especially since they started tying them in with fully unlocking and exploring the area. I do wish you had a way to review the text that appears at the bottom of the screen between quest locations though. Sometimes I'm looking around or in a fight and I miss some of the dialogue. Anyways, A+ for this quest so far.

Fuz

Banned
Anyways (quoted since it's a wall of text):

I have a lot of other characters I try to fit in to various teams, but nothing I like as much as these teams. Sadly I think both Alhaitham and Cyno are going to need Baizhu to really shine, but I don't plan to roll for him. That's why I'm hoping this catgirl shielder rumor is true.

A Pyro healer with off-field application is still my most wanted archetype. Along with a Hydro shielder like Candace should have fucking been.

That'a fun game. Let's share our teams.
(Surprisingly, I don't really like any of your comps and I wouldn't be able to make them work. Also, dude... diona?!)
01.jpg

Diluc, fire resonance and anemo resonance for movement speed. I sometimes slot in Yelan instead of Venti, but I fucking love the constant speed buff - easily my favourite resonance bonus.

02.jpg

Got it since ages, not sure why I even have it. I never use this team. If only Xiao's burst wasnt so shitty to use...

03.jpg

This is a cheat, plain and simple. It's my "I can't be bothered" button. Too bad geo reactions are boooooooring.

04.jpg

Made for Sumeru, as the name suggests. Yelan replaced Xinghei. Quite effective but there's no shield nor healing.

05.jpg

Alhaitam is cool, so here's a team for him. Another quite effective team, but having no archer is annoying for me (I NEED TO KILL ALL THE BIRDS).

06.jpg

Friendship farm team, varies depending on who's needing friendship level. Right now they're all 10 and Yelan was the last one in need.
Sadly, my most used team. (Actually this proved to be quite a cozy team, especially for exploration: miner, gatherer and speed - although, fire-water-dendro tend to fight between each other)

Characters I wish I could make it work: Heizou, Rosaria, Sara, Beidou. I just don't know where to slot them or how to use them, or they're kinda boring to play.
Scarablattero isn't seen anywhere, but I actually randomly slot him pretty often: strong with good transversal and an easy fit in most teams.

Last edited:

crumbs

I've been running the following teams lately:

General Use/Quick bloom - Alhaitham + Shinobu + Kokomi + Nahida

Sumeru Exploration - Raiden + Keqing + Kokomi + Tighnari

Speed TTK Team - Kazuha + Klee + Zhongli + Ganyu

Freeze Team - Kazuha + Rosaria + Kokomi + Ayaka

Looking at my overall roster, I wish I had pulled for Yoimiya as my on-field pyro characters (Klee and Diluc) have been the same since fall of 2020.

Fake

Razor + Xingu + Rosaria + Yaoyao

Got a good damage and healing overal. Rosaria burst reduce enemy phys res, with Razor elemental skill I got a huge def reduction. Xingu for reduce the damage and reaction.

Xiao + Xingu + Chongus + Yaoyao

Xiao need all sustain he need. Chongus reduce CD, both heal and reduce damage strategy.

Nilou + Xingu + Yelan + Yaoyao

Hydro comp hits hard. Most of the time I use to beat the Geo Weekly boss. Works as I expect. Two burst plus Nilou lunar blade. Yaoyao heal and dendro fucking core.

Dilluc + Xingu + Yaoyao + Sayu

Huge ER comp. Probably the most safe build. Dilluc carry all the team, while Sayu for decude pyro or hydro res, the amount of heal here is insane.

Lisa + Xingu + Yellan + Yaoyao

Dendro core + electro build. Lisa only use basic attacks, her EM is > 1k, so dendro reaction do absurd damage. Working as should against foes like Hydro clones from Abyss.

Pejo

Man this is actually interesting as hell to see which teams you guys have been using. Lots of Xingqiu, Yelan, Kaz, Zhongli, Shogun, and Kusanali. Me and crumbs crumbs still holding out and not using the twinks.

That'a fun game. Let's share our teams.
(Surprisingly, I don't really like any of your comps and I wouldn't be able to make them work. Also, dude... diona?!)
Diona is a battery + shielder + healer all in one. Much better of a character than I was considering her to be for probably a year or more. Her stats are fucking dreadful though, but she still works really well in that team. Most of my comps are built for general use since A) I don't like pausing the game, waiting 10 seconds to switch a team and then switching back, it's annoying and B) I don't usually give a shit about meta and whether I kill something in 6 seconds instead of 4 isn't a big deal to me. If Genshin didn't have shielded or enemies immune to certain elements, my teams would be even weirder. This specifically is why I don't like MHY making characters to specifically fill a single niche. I like having the freedom to use different weird teams without the characters feeling awful to use that way.

03.jpg

This is a cheat, plain and simple. It's my "I can't be bothered" button. Too bad geo reactions are boooooooring.
I dunno if you stream or have the capability to do so, but I would love to see this team take down like Signora or Shogun bosses. I don't think I've ever seen an actual player use a Geo team effectively, usually it's just youtubers that have minmaxed artifacts that would destroy any enemy on any character. I'm interested in a real world example of how this team works.
Friendship farm team, varies depending on who's needing friendship level. Right now they're all 10 and Yelan was the last one in need.
Sadly, my most used team. (Actually this proved to be quite a cozy team, especially for exploration: miner, gatherer and speed - although, fire-water-dendro tend to fight between each other)
Yea 90% of my daily content is done with a friendship farming team most of the time, it just so happens that Dehya is my only non lv10 friendship character right now, so I can just use my all-in-one team for everything right now while passively farming friendship for her. Usually my friendship teams are the weirdest ones I have, i'm just out of characters that need it.
Characters I wish I could make it work: Heizou, Rosaria, Sara, Beidou. I just don't know where to slot them or how to use them, or they're kinda boring to play.
Scarablattero isn't seen anywhere, but I actually randomly slot him pretty often: strong with good transversal and an easy fit in most teams.
I have a Heizou but I didn't like his gameplay at all. He seems too weak to be a carry DPS but nothing else in his kit is helpful as a support. Shame, I like the idea of a kung fu user. He'd have been better as a reactable element. I use Rosaria as phys dps but you NEED R5 Crescent Pike to even think about it, same with phsyical DPS Zhongli or Xiangling. Lots of meta teams use her as a reverse melt enabler though, where she can be really strong. She's also a good Cryo battery for other Cryo characters. Sara literally only works with Keqing or Shogun carries, that's it. Beidou has one of the strongest bursts in the whole game, so the idea is to give her EoSF artifacts and use her burst whenever possible and switch to another character that could react with it. Usually I see her with Hydro drivers, or in Aggravate teams with Fischl and a Dendro driver like Kusanali/Alhaitham. She's very strong and I used to use her in my All-In-One team for ages until Dendro came out and switched up the team comp a bit.

Speed TTK Team - Kazuha + Klee + Zhongli + Ganyu
You don't see many Klee users these days, but that's a surprising team for your "fast kill" team. Shame that they never fixed the bug that Kaz doesn't gather Klee's bombs. I'll admit, I hated Klee's gameplay so I never really saw what she was capable of.
Razor + Xingu + Rosaria + Yaoyao

Got a good damage and healing overal. Rosaria burst reduce enemy phys res, with Razor elemental skill I got a huge def reduction. Xingu for reduce the damage and reaction.

Xiao + Xingu + Chongus + Yaoyao

Xiao need all sustain he need. Chongus reduce CD, both heal and reduce damage strategy.

Nilou + Xingu + Yelan + Yaoyao

Hydro comp hits hard. Most of the time I use to beat the Geo Weekly boss. Works as I expect. Two burst plus Nilou lunar blade. Yaoyao heal and dendro fucking core.

Dilluc + Xingu + Yaoyao + Sayu

Huge ER comp. Probably the most safe build. Dilluc carry all the team, while Sayu for decude pyro or hydro res, the amount of heal here is insane.

Lisa + Xingu + Yellan + Yaoyao

Dendro core + electro build. Lisa only use basic attacks, her EM is > 1k, so dendro reaction do absurd damage. Working as should against foes like Hydro clones from Abyss.
Fake Fake + Waterboi, who would have guessed! Guess I should start posting his official birthday art like I do with the females.
xubvqj1at2s51.jpg

I'd love to see that Lisa team sometime, which artifacts do you use to get her 1k+ EM?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Fake Fake + Waterboi, who would have guessed! Guess I should start posting his official birthday art like I do with the females.
xubvqj1at2s51.jpg

I'd love to see that Lisa team sometime, which artifacts do you use to get her 1k+ EM?

I don't like full healers. In fact, Xingu was the only 'healer' until I got Sayu. Now I have Yaoyao. Besides, since the beta I always tought Xingu was a girl, but bruh is a traps.

I admit I don't like him, but since the day GI kick a loads of cons and Sacrifice Sword.
Sacrifice Sword is the only shit that works with him, and mixing his damage reduction really make Xiao burst least painful. I don't particulary like kits that 'sacrifice' thier own HP, Xiao is the only one I can tolerate because is a dps health lost.

Now, about my Lisa getting 1k EM, I got 2-set with EM and this new 4* catalyst that give a bonus ATK with scale with her EM.

Lisa works like a charm as soon as I combo Yelan and Xingu burst.

I gonna take some SS to show you the status.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm lazy and most of my teams resume on putting an archer on the second slot:

Yanfei(or Barbara)+ Diona + Ayaka + Kazuha

Yanfei + Fichlz + Traveler Dendro + Keqing

Barbara + Faruzan + Sucrose + Kaeya

The rest is mostly random teams that sometimes works or not.

crumbs

Man this is actually interesting as hell to see which teams you guys have been using. Lots of Xingqiu, Yelan, Kaz, Zhongli, Shogun, and Kusanali. Me and crumbs crumbs still holding out and not using the twinks.
Full disclosure: I sub Xingqiu or Yelan into teams pretty frequently. Never used Bennett all that much. Xingqiu was used more frequently before Yelan.

You don't see many Klee users these days, but that's a surprising team for your "fast kill" team. Shame that they never fixed the bug that Kaz doesn't gather Klee's bombs. I'll admit, I hated Klee's gameplay so I never really saw what she was capable of.
Klee was my first 5 star. I think I'm just used to her playstyle at this point. Pulling Kaz on his first banner did make Klee more interesting to play.

Kaz's skill does pull Klee's mines into enemies, I don't remember that being a bug? The start of the rotation is (my Kaz is C1 so his burst resets the skill CD): Zhongli skill -> Klee skill -> Kaz skill -> Kaz burst -> Kaz skill. This will CC enemies into Klee's mines, infusing them with pyro, which then infuses Kaz's burst with pryo. The 2nd instance of Kaz's skill will CC again and refill his burst so it's ready off CD. Zhongli's there for the shred + interruption resistance + mitigating the self burning damage from being in the pyro field. Ganyu's there for clean up if something survives, plus her burst lines up with the AOE of Kaz's burst. I'm sure there's more efficient teams or rotations, but this works for me.

I should note I was pretty "lucky" with ER on the artifacts for Kaz and Ganyu, so it's pretty easy to have both their bursts ready off CD.

Fuz

Banned
Most of my comps are built for general use since A) I don't like pausing the game, waiting 10 seconds to switch a team and then switching back, it's annoying and B) I don't usually give a shit about meta and whether I kill something in 6 seconds instead of 4 isn't a big deal to me.
Absolutely agree. I'm not gonna sit there all the time watching a fucking bar moving before I can switch teams.

I dunno if you stream or have the capability to do so, but I would love to see this team take down like Signora or Shogun bosses. I don't think I've ever seen an actual player use a Geo team effectively, usually it's just youtubers that have minmaxed artifacts that would destroy any enemy on any character. I'm interested in a real world example of how this team works.
Can't stream... anyway, I don't think I ever tried them with those bosses. They're excellent for Wolf, flying Wolf, Chasm boss and many more. Itto's full buffed burst is super fun and VERY powerful.

Pejo

I don't like full healers. In fact, Xingu was the only 'healer' until I got Sayu. Now I have Yaoyao. Besides, since the beta I always tought Xingu was a girls, but bruh traps.
You should R5 a Prototype Amber catalyst. It turns any catalyst character into a healer. I found that it works really well for Ningguang, Mona, and if you make a Yanfei shielder build with high ER, she can be an effective all in one healer + shielder. You need some insane amount of ER to make it work on Yanfei though. It's actually her most popular build in JP, last time I checked.
I admit I don't like him, but since the day GI kick a loads of cons and Sacrifice Sword.
Hey what happens in the teapot, stays in the teapot. You, Xingqiu, and his sword are your business.
Sacrifice Sword is the only shit that works with him, and mixing his damage reduction really make Xiao burst least painful. I don't particulary like kits that 'sacridice' thier oen HP, Xiao is the only one I can tolerate because is a dps health lost.
I played Xiao a bit in trials and events, and his HP loss is much less annoying than Hu Tao's, for me personally. At least it's a slow drain that can be countered by a healer instead of a button press to lose 30% HP.
Now, about my Lisa getting 1k EM, I got 2-set with EM and this new 4* catalyst that give a bonus ATK with scale with her EM.

Lisa works like a charm as soon as I combo Yelan and Xingu burst.

I gonna take some SS to show you the status.
Which catalyst is that? The craftable one that lowers ATK when it buffs EM?

I'm lazy and most of my teams resume on putting an archer on the second slot:

Yanfei(or Barbara)+ Diona + Ayaka + Kazuha

Yanfei + Fichlz + Traveler Dendro + Keqing

Barbara + Faruzan + Sucrose + Kaeya

The rest is mostly random teams that sometimes works or not.
I like these teams a lot, complete disregard of meta and you're still clearing content without any issues. Barbara as a DPS is even better. You use that Clam artifact set with her or Hydro damage set?

Full disclosure: I sub Xingqiu or Yelan into teams pretty frequently. Never used Bennett all that much. Xingqiu was used more frequently before Yelan.
Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Klee was my first 5 star. I think I'm just used to her playstyle at this point. Pulling Kaz on his first banner did make Klee more interesting to play.

Kaz's skill does pull Klee's mines into enemies, I don't remember that being a bug?
I looked it up, it was a bug with Venti, not Kaz. My bad. But yea that sounds like an interesting team. If you had Ganyu C4 for the increased damage taken by enemies over time, it'd be even more nutty.
I should note I was pretty "lucky" with ER on the artifacts for Kaz and Ganyu, so it's pretty easy to have both their bursts ready off CD.
For Kaz, I think ER is a necessity. I don't use him on any current teams, but when I do, I always give him my Skyward Sword for the ER bonus.

Can't stream... anyway, I don't think I ever tried them with those bosses. They're excellent for Wolf, flying Wolf, Chasm boss and many more. Itto's full buffed burst is super fun and VERY powerful.
Do you do Abyss or skip it like me? I wonder how Itto does in there when they've been custom tailoring it for Dendro for the last few rounds.

Man Body GIF

Absolute Chad teams incoming boys:

kHLQ3O4.jpg

Used to run this with Yelan for more damage and access to bow, but I like Mona's taunt and where else am I gonna use her? Also, Nahida is C6. Everything dies instantaneously anyway.

nQTwQUs.jpg

This team would probably be stronger with Kazuha, but who would ever pull for him :messenger_smirking: Sucrose isn't really an option because her EM buffs don't benefit freeze teams. Ganyu is actually not bad as a support because of her taunt and huge AoE burst which also increases cryo damage. This way I can squeeze a bit of extra usefulness out of Shenhe's buffs and use all my waifus.

mGgApEX.jpg

Pretty straightforward Yoi team. Diona is a nice way to combine healing and shielding, and her EM bonus allows for stronger vapes. Bit heavy on the bow side, but oh well.

0EP1acx.jpg

Just wanted a team for Keqing that's semi-viable. These are all characters I want to use, but can't really find a place for in other teams.

oRDA0fD.jpg

Pretty meme-ish team. I felt bad for not using Klee. Threw a decent Lavawalker set on her (Everyone's got one of those, right?) and there ya go. Yanfei carries the Prototype Amber and is C6, so she provides healing and shielding with her burst. Quite effective in those annoying cryo domains.

Saber

Gold Member
I like these teams a lot, complete disregard of meta and you're still clearing content without any issues. Barbara as a DPS is even better. You use that Clam artifact set with her or Hydro damage set?

My Barbara is full Hidro set from what I remember.
C6, crowed basic attack and Skill. Burst at lvl 8.
Is thanks to her I beat Spyral 12 floor.

She is one my characters that surprised me the most. Others who also surprised me:
-Yanfei, ranking 30K damage from autos and fits well with Ayaka team. Her burst with shield is a good plus
- Sucrose aways got my interest, she is one my cutests hard hitters. Recently she got a C6 and it actually made her even stronger. Her only downside is her burst having low rate infusion, but the CC compesates her

There are also characters who dissapointed me:
- Heizou is terrrible for swirl, abusolutelly hideous for infusion. His burst barelly infuses, its worst than Sucrose. Good thing his cooldowns are short
- Shenhe is not like a total down but I'm having a hard time trying to make a team out of her. I though her skill charge from C1 would help, still can't fit her well
- Yun Jin is alongside Sucrose for the interesting and cute design, but her geo nature and low duration Burst makes hard to build a team out of her

In the hope to change artifacts for Candance.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man Body GIF

Absolute Chad teams incoming boys:

kHLQ3O4.jpg

Used to run this with Yelan for more damage and access to bow, but I like Mona's taunt and where else am I gonna use her? Also, Nahida is C6. Everything dies instantaneously anyway.

nQTwQUs.jpg

This team would probably be stronger with Kazuha, but who would ever pull for him :messenger_smirking: Sucrose isn't really an option because her EM buffs don't benefit freeze teams. Ganyu is actually not bad as a support because of her taunt and huge AoE burst which also increases cryo damage. This way I can squeeze a bit of extra usefulness out of Shenhe's buffs and use all my waifus.

mGgApEX.jpg

Pretty straightforward Yoi team. Diona is a nice way to combine healing and shielding, and her EM bonus allows for stronger vapes. Bit heavy on the bow side, but oh well.

0EP1acx.jpg

Just wanted a team for Keqing that's semi-viable. These are all characters I want to use, but can't really find a place for in other teams.

oRDA0fD.jpg

Pretty meme-ish team. I felt bad for not using Klee. Threw a decent Lavawalker set on her (Everyone's got one of those, right?) and there ya go. Yanfei carries the Prototype Amber and is C6, so she provides healing and shielding with her burst. Quite effective in those annoying cryo domains.

He Man Motu GIF by Masters Of The Universe

It's... it's too much....

No male characters....
27f.jpg

Finally somebody besides me that sees the value of Prototype Amber. If they would release a bow with the exact same effect, I'd never use a dedicated healer again.

I like that Yoimiya team. I used to run one similar, and you actually gave me an idea to try out Yoimiya/Candace/Layla/4th.

Fuz

Banned
Do you do Abyss or skip it like me? I wonder how Itto does in there when they've been custom tailoring it for Dendro for the last few rounds.
Skip, sometimes I do the monthly BP quest and get the 12 stars and fuck right off. I cared to complete all floors only once, not too long ago and without 36 stars. Itto was in one of my teams. I always use the geo team when I need two teams.

Pejo

I broke down on the weapons banner since Xiphos moonlight works so well for Kaz. EM + the ER passive that also helps the team.
I think I have one of those, I'll have to look up the effect. Skyward is just so comfy though.

They really need to release Transmog for weapons, so we can use any weapon as a skin. Kaz has a lot of aesthetic choices but they're not really good on him, and I hate Crescent Pike's look even though it's stupid strong in the right setup.

*edit*

Wow that sword is actually really good. Good for Shinobu too.

The following effect will trigger every 10s: The equipping character will gain 0.036% Energy Recharge for each point of Elemental Mastery they possess for 12s, with nearby party members gaining 30% of this buff for the same duration. Multiple instances of this weapon can allow this buff to stack. This effect will still trigger even if the character is not on the field.

Last edited:

Fake

Which catalyst is that? The craftable one that lowers ATK when it buffs EM?

i_n14416_100.webp

Is the new gancha catalyst. Before that Lisa used to equip the Mappa.

The following effect will trigger every 10s: The equipping character will gain 48% of their Elemental Mastery as bonus ATK for 12s, with nearby party members gaining 30% of this buff for the same duration. Multiple instances of this weapon can allow this buff to stack. This effect will still trigger even if the character is not on the field.Wandering Evenstar
Mora

edit: Maybe I give the new weapon banner a try. Probably the Nahida Catalyst is the best for EM users.

Last edited:

Fake

I can't even look at Eula curves from her position... at this point is better just put males on their jp artwork from now.

Saber

Gold Member
Official JP twitter milestone art (featuring ugly ass bitch ass censored Amber costume):

sgdet8jir8sa1.jpg

This art is ultra tame and as simplistic as possible(like, they are just basically there). Any remains of old GI are gone by now lmao

Last edited:
My teams:

Regular use - Zhongli + characters who are not friendship level 10 yet.

Weekly bosses - Zhongli + (Ganyu/Ayaka/Yomiya/Hu Tao based on my mood and boss immunity) + characters who are not friendship level 10 yet.

Combat events - Zhongli/Kokomi + (Kaz/Venti) + (DPS and reaction characters based on enemies)

I don't care about meta or how long it takes to kill boss/enemies. I don't play abyss.

Pejo

My teams:

Regular use - Zhongli + characters who are not friendship level 10 yet.

Weekly bosses - Zhongli + (Ganyu/Ayaka/Yomiya/Hu Tao based on my mood and boss immunity) + characters who are not friendship level 10 yet.

Combat events - Zhongli/Kokomi + (Kaz/Venti) + (DPS and reaction characters based on enemies)

I don't care about meta or how long it takes to kill boss/enemies. I don't play abyss.
Hmm, I see a pattern here. Interesting that you mainly play teams on the fly instead of having static teams.

All of my team comps are: Kokomi, Yae, Zhongli, whoever I feel like using/need for a specific element/domain
I was going to comment what a madman you were using both a healer and Zhongli, but then I remembered you play on mobile.
Big Hero GIF

Just kidding, Kokomi's got a ton of uses.

My recent genshin lol moment was when in the other thread someone claimed that GI has sexualised minor looking characters and then posted this image as evidence.

genshin-impact-outfits-skins-costumes.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
In the eyes of a retard, anything anime is weeb because...they don't like anime and other people shouldn't like as well lol
You know who are like that when people ask about JRPGs and the first thing they say is that they "don't like weeb games".

I decide to finally heard my brother suggestion and ignore surveys once for all.

Top Bottom