• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think they could work on specific characters using guns visually/artistically while still equiping Bows as weapons. Would still be cool if they create an entire class of wepons entirelly though.

Now, punching and kicking would be a great way to intruduce "knuckles" as a type of weapon.
I still can't believe we don't have axe users. (playable) Like China wtf.
Oh well, getting stuff you don't care for is part of the game.
Yes. Yes it is. Amirite male units I keep getting dupes off?

Pejo

Gold Member
Welp, dream is dead, for now. I did my 10 pull and got C6 Razor (this was pretty cool actually), then bought enough wishes with master starglitter to do another 10 pull, got this:

T5Jt3xX.jpg

I was kinda excited at first about Xinyan, then I read her talents. Holy shit who was asking for a DEF scaling selfish pyro physical character? I can't imagine a worse archetype. It's like a Noel that doesn't heal and can only shield pyro. Fitting I get unlucky Benny in the same roll.

Seriously, I'm in shock how bad Xinyan's kit is. Even constellations don't save her.

Hopefully over the course of the next few weeks I can take another few shots at Zhongli.

Got Zhongli with around 77 pulls total (already had 65 from back when I pulled for Venti). He pairs very well with the 5-star spear I pulled a few weeks ago that increases his attack speed. His Meteor Elemental Burst was insane in the Trial dungeon, I can't wait to level up him to 80 so I can actually use him with my squad. The damage output is gonna be amazing.

BlackM1st

Banned
Welp, dream is dead, for now. I did my 10 pull and got C6 Razor (this was pretty cool actually), then bought enough wishes with master starglitter to do another 10 pull, got this:

T5Jt3xX.jpg

I was kinda excited at first about Xinyan, then I read her talents. Holy shit who was asking for a DEF scaling selfish pyro physical character? I can't imagine a worse archetype. It's like a Noel that doesn't heal and can only shield pyro. Fitting I get unlucky Benny in the same roll.

Seriously, I'm in shock how bad Xinyan's kit is. Even constellations don't save her.

Hopefully over the course of the next few weeks I can take another few shots at Zhongli.
Damn, this roll is a kick to the nuts lmao

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

T5Jt3xX.jpg

I like that fact she's an unga boonga user. But at the same time I already have Diluc so lol.

Karmic Raze

What do you have to do to get wishes? I’ve been grinding for a while, but I’ve only got to wish one time.

Also, do they plan on adding in unlockable attire to the game? Seems weird there’s a wardrobe just for the wings.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I like that fact she's an unga boonga user. But at the same time I already have Diluc so lol.
I don't even know what weapon to give her? Should I make another Whiteblind? Give her the Bell? Eh, she's gonna ride the bench with Benny and waterboi for a long while either way.

What do you have to do to get wishes? I’ve been grinding for a while, but I’ve only got to wish one time.
You buy them in the shop with primogems (you can also just tap the wish button and it will auto-buy them). Also you can buy 5 per month for regular glitter (byproduct of rolling) and unlimited amounts with master starglitter (byproduct of rolling 4*+ weapons and characters).

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what weapon to give her? Should I make another Whiteblind? Give her the Bell? Eh, she's gonna ride the bench with Benny and waterboi for a long while either way.
If you have Diluc there is no reason to use her honestly. I just got Chongyun lmao fuck banners right guys?

LOLCats

Banned
Got a crap sword and rocker chick out of 16 wishes. Gonna save the rest, zhongli is cool, but not cool enough to blow my saved up primos.

i have still not gotten one purple bow from any banner. Fucking 3 favonious swords, 3 lions roars, 3 bells... if i get another sword or claymore imma cry

anyone have any leaks about the next banner?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Got a crap sword and rocker chick out of 16 wishes. Gonna save the rest, zhongli is cool, but not cool enough to blow my saved up primos.

i have still not gotten one purple bow from any banner. Fucking 3 favonious swords, 3 lions roars, 3 bells... if i get another sword or claymore imma cry

anyone have any leaks about the next banner?
You can always buy the prototype from the sigil shop and make a purple bow.

Next banner is either going to be Ganyu, Xaio, or Albedo. No official leaks yet. I still think Albedo is going to be a free event character, but nobody else agrees with me on that. Ganyu is ice Amber (similar skillset and a bow character), Xaio is Anemo polearm. new 4*s are anybody's guess, but the Dendro claymore girl seems to be rattling around.

Managed to scrape up enough mats to get Zhongli up to 70, and his Burst up to lvl 6. Even with weak ass artifact the meteor is absolutely amazing. Gonna be farming hard tomorrow to try to level everything else up.

But yeah, had to boot Qiqi from the team. Ever since I unlocked the MRE, I haven't really needed her for healing. RIP zombie girl

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to scrape up enough mats to get Zhongli up to 70, and his Burst up to lvl 6. Even with weak ass artifact the meteor is absolutely amazing. Gonna be farming hard tomorrow to try to level everything else up.

But yeah, had to boot Qiqi from the team. Ever since I unlocked the MRE, I haven't really needed her for healing. RIP zombie girl
On his trial he seemed meh outside his meteor.

On his trial he seemed meh outside his meteor.
I've been using the pulsating pillar thing in tandem with Fischl for double the support damage while I switch to Diluc for the real DPS, and then drop meteors when available. Seems to synergize pretty well, so I'm very happy with him so far.
The shield also seems pretty useful and I'm hoping the shields + MREs negate the need for a healer because he's basically replacing Qiqi on my main squad lol

I've been trying xinyan and combining her with beidou seems highly effectively. Just switch back and forth between them for shields, counters, fire/electro/overload. Her shield also seems to stagger lawachurls; I like her.

LOLCats

Banned
You can always buy the prototype from the sigil shop and make a purple bow.

Next banner is either going to be Ganyu, Xaio, or Albedo. No official leaks yet. I still think Albedo is going to be a free event character, but nobody else agrees with me on that. Ganyu is ice Amber (similar skillset and a bow character), Xaio is Anemo polearm. new 4*s are anybody's guess, but the Dendro claymore girl seems to be rattling around.
ya i crafted a bow, but meh those arent that great.

crumbs

Had a 50 wishes saved up for this banner, was looking for Chongyun or Razor dups and ended up with the following:

Chongyun :messenger_grinning: (his first constellation seems useful)
Xinyan x3 :messenger_frowning_:messenger_frowning_:messenger_frowning_ (seems better than Diona, but not really interested in leveling her up)
Eye of Perception :messenger_neutral: (nice to have another 4 star catalyst, but I don't really have a good character to pair it with at the moment, actually this might work well with Klee, hmm)
Black Tassel, Debate Club , Skyrider Sword X 10000 :messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:

and

Keqing :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nice to have another 5 star and her skill set seems handy, although I've already leveled up Razor and Fischl on the electro side. If I was going to get a random 5 star, I would have preferred an anemo hero, like Venti or Jean, since I only have the MC for that element.

That said, no real complaints when pulling a 5 star, although pulling Xinyan 3 times is a bit of a kick in the balls (having a higher constellation level on a character that I don't plan to use sucks).

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Had a 50 wishes saved up for this banner, was looking for Chongyun or Razor dups and ended up with the following:

Chongyun :messenger_grinning: (his first constellation seems useful)
Xinyan x3 :messenger_frowning_:messenger_frowning_:messenger_frowning_ (seems better than Diona, but not really interested in leveling her up)
Eye of Perception :messenger_neutral: (nice to have another 4 star catalyst, but I don't really have a good character to pair it with at the moment, actually this might work well with Klee, hmm)
Black Tassel, Debate Club , Skyrider Sword X 10000 :messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:

and

Keqing :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nice to have another 5 star and her skill set seems handy, although I've already leveled up Razor and Fischl on the electro side. If I was going to get a random 5 star, I would have preferred an anemo hero, like Venti or Jean, since I only have the MC for that element.

That said, no real complaints when pulling a 5 star, although pulling Xinyan 3 times is a bit of a kick in the balls (having a higher constellation level on a character that I don't plan to use sucks).
Your Xinyan can hang out with my level 1 C4 beidou and C3 diona.

Pejo

Gold Member
ya i crafted a bow, but meh those arent that great.
Not sure where you are with spending cash, but the battle pass bow is really good for pretty much any character not named Venti. Its main stat is crit % and it has an AoE added to attacks.

Last edited:

BJK

77 draws after Childe, I managed to get another 5* character. Was hoping for Jean or QiQi (just to have a second healer for Abyss), or Diluc (since I don’t like the claymore options I have), but I ended up with Zhongli. I did need a Geo support option, didn’t have a good option for shields, and I do have a 5* artifact giving geo damage, so I’m going to make this work!

Had been running Childe, Barbara, Fischl, and Xiangling, but I will try Zhongli in for XL once I’ve gone through the Geo Hypostasis for the rest of the week.

Bonus: Zhongli gives a partial refund when crafting polearms, so I finally made a crescent pike! (My Xiangling has been using Dragon’s Bane since I pulled it from gacha. Zhongli‘s elemental skill also makes crystal mining a lot easier, meaning I don’t have to swap over to Chongyun every time I see crystals on the horizo.

Fake

If you have Diluc there is no reason to use her honestly. I just got Chongyun lmao fuck banners right guys?

Dude since the first day of this game I trying to get Chongyun.
WTF.
Just one fucking constelatilon.

Yeah, if you have holdmyDiluc there is no reason to get the rock girl unless you want two pyro chars to increase your damage to 25%.

Fake

I have him. Lvl 1. Doesn't feel great.

I mean, getting the second time will give you constelation, aka make the char more stronger. I already have him as well, I guess if you're playing for the first time they will give you almost 100% at the first wish if I remember right.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
So, uh... I pulled the only character I wanted rn. I used 1 free "normal" wish and I got Beidou. Can't believe it tbh xD 1 pull in 1 month on general banner and I got her. WTF.

63OrlKY.png

Now I'm all set and can play the wait game without any unhealthy urges :D

Pejo

Gold Member
Man there's this one quest in Monstadt that is dependent upon getting a specific daily quest that I still haven't gotten. It chaps my ass every time I visit the fame NPC and see I'm one quest away from 100% and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Also, kinda unrelated, but Honkai Impact 3rd (MHY's other big game) just confirmed that they're having a Neon Genesis Evangelion collaboration. Freaking insane considering the the last time anything was done with the IP was like the late 90s I think, unless I'm missing something new coming out.

buizel

Banned
So basically my 4 characterS I have unlocked are all level 20 ( regular guy, bunny ear girl, librarian 'YOUVE BEEN A BAD BOY' and the ice guy) , clearly im early on; I just like exploring and stuff.

What's the huge draw of the Gacha/Wishes? I seem to have enough of everything, or is it just other characters with diff moves you get? How many chars are unlocked through regular gameplay (that said I have got a few Wishes from accumulated free stars or whatever the currencies are)?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Man there's this one quest in Monstadt that is dependent upon getting a specific daily quest that I still haven't gotten. It chaps my ass every time I visit the fame NPC and see I'm one quest away from 100% and there's not a thing I can do about it.

Also, kinda unrelated, but Honkai Impact 3rd (MHY's other big game) just confirmed that they're having a Neon Genesis Evangelion collaboration. Freaking insane considering the the last time anything was done with the IP was like the late 90s I think, unless I'm missing something new coming out.
You are not missing much. Only one of the best animated films in history xD

evZofyE.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
So basically my 4 characterS I have unlocked are all level 20 ( regular guy, bunny ear girl, librarian 'YOUVE BEEN A BAD BOY' and the ice guy) , clearly im early on; I just like exploring and stuff.

What's the huge draw of the Gacha/Wishes? I seem to have enough of everything, or is it just other characters with diff moves you get? How many chars are unlocked through regular gameplay (that said I have got a few Wishes from accumulated free stars or whatever the currencies are)?
You have nothing but trash. And you wasted valuable resources on leveling trash. I used a strong words, but in reality, that's the whole point of the game -> pull wishes and pray to all Gods that you will get anything worthy. Unfortunately all starting characters are C tier ;(

Pejo

Gold Member

I think you already unlocked all the normal story freebies up until this point. The game has given out 2 free Barbaras, and a free Fischl through events, but I think you may have missed those (maybe not the 2nd Barbara). You'll also get a free Xiangling (fire spear girl) once you get your characters built out a little more and can beat a few levels of the Abyss(mid to endgame trial-type activity). If you can ignore the allure of the wishes/gacha, more power to you. Usually people see flashy new characters or big numbers or whatever and get tempted to try to get those characters so you can use them. If you're happy with the default 4, nothing wrong with that. You'll easily be able to complete the game up until maybe the very last chunk of the Abyss.

You are not missing much. Only one of the best animated films in history xD
Well looks like I know what I'm watching later this week.

buizel

Banned
I think you already unlocked all the normal story freebies up until this point. The game has given out 2 free Barbaras, and a free Fischl through events, but I think you may have missed those (maybe not the 2nd Barbara). You'll also get a free Xiangling (fire spear girl) once you get your characters built out a little more and can beat a few levels of the Abyss(mid to endgame trial-type activity). If you can ignore the allure of the wishes/gacha, more power to you. Usually people see flashy new characters or big numbers or whatever and get tempted to try to get those characters so you can use them. If you're happy with the default 4, nothing wrong with that. You'll easily be able to complete the game up until maybe the very last chunk of the Abyss.

Well looks like I know what I'm watching later this week.

Hmm, thats alright - they all have different powers - ice/fire/electric etc. And ive only explored like the 2 small regions near Mondstadt.

I hate having numbers and UI stuff on screen - ive submitted a ticket to add a NO-UI mode, cause I enjoy wandering around the looking at visuals. I only play MMO's first person with no UI, people be like BRUH, but i enjoy it and can still get good at the games.

I actually have this extra character - shes like this annoying overdressed maid that got put in the garbage asap

You have nothing but trash. And you wasted valuable resources on leveling trash. I used a strong words, but in reality, that's the whole point of the game -> pull wishes and pray to all Gods that you will get anything worthy. Unfortunately all starting characters are C tier ;(

haha, sorry, im not struggling with the game at this point and am enjoying it. 'the whole point of the game' . i max'd all characters, gear and artifacts and i havent needed to grind. doing well against enemies.

IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE STAMINA POTION LIKE BOTW?

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

No need to actually worry about leveling any characters to 20. 90 is the real cap, with most people leveling their characters to 80. Anything past 20 will take exponential levels of investment, though. 40 is more, 60 is a lot more, 80 is WAY more, etc. My suggestion would be to get your free Barbara when her mission is available, keep playing the story until you've dealt with Venti's problem, play the first few levels in spiral abyss until you get your Xiangling, and pull two or three times (10 pulls) on the current promotional character event banner until you get one of the three 4 star characters that are currently featured. Any of them would make a fine DPS main.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
No need to actually worry about leveling any characters to 20. 90 is the real cap, with most people leveling their characters to 80. Anything past 20 will take exponential levels of investment, though. 40 is more, 60 is a lot more, 80 is WAY more, etc. My suggestion would be to get your free Barbara when her mission is available, keep playing the story until you've dealt with Venti's problem, play the first few levels in spiral abyss until you get your Xiangling, and pull two or three times on the current promotional character event banner until you get one of the three 4 star characters that are currently featured. Any of them would make a fine DPS main.

yeah i figure. half RPG's have world-scaling enemies. back in OG ultima the best bet was to not level up characters at all, then enemies would be weak as you, then just cruise through story lol

im capped at level 20 just now. where do i get the material to level up - i assume i need to beat a certain story mission first before i can adventure rank up or whatever. so many pointless systems to drag it out lol

Pejo

Gold Member
Hmm, thats alright - they all have different powers - ice/fire/electric etc. And ive only explored like the 2 small regions near Mondstadt.

I hate having numbers and UI stuff on screen - ive submitted a ticket to add a NO-UI mode, cause I enjoy wandering around the looking at visuals. I only play MMO's first person with no UI, people be like BRUH, but i enjoy it and can still get good at the games.

I actually have this extra character - shes like this annoying overdressed maid that got put in the garbage asap

haha, sorry, im not struggling with the game at this point and am enjoying it. 'the whole point of the game' . i max'd all characters, gear and artifacts and i havent needed to grind. doing well against enemies.

There are recipes for stamina refilling food, you can see the various foods and what they do here: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Food

Northern Smoked Chicken is probably the best one for what you'll have access to right now, depending if you can get into Stormterror's domain already.

Also, by collecting the floating Anemo green air crystal things and Geo yellow earth crystal things in the overworld, you can give them to statues to permanently upgrade your stamina bar.

BlackM1st

Banned

I don't wanna burst your bubble ( I really don't) but unfortunately this game is grindy by design. You either grind or you pay cash. You can't level up anything on your own pace. LVL 20 is nothing. It's like a honeymoon period, when everything is fast and easily obtainable. Unfortunately in the world of F2P mobile games it's the norm to lure people in and then rape their wallets. Don't expect it to be your average RPG man. Everything here is about separating you from your money.For example there's NO STAMINA potion, BUT some ultra rare characters can swim faster/longer. I wish you well in your future endeavors xD

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
yeah i figure. half RPG's have world-scaling enemies. back in OG ultima the best bet was to not level up characters at all, then enemies would be weak as you, then just cruise through story lol

im capped at level 20 just now. where do i get the material to level up - i assume i need to beat a certain story mission first before i can adventure rank up or whatever. so many pointless systems to drag it out lol

If I remember correctly, you can do a quest to raise your adventure rank at AR 25, 35, 45, etc. This is generally a worse idea every time, especially with 45. You'll probably want to stay at 35 or 45 at most, until there are story missions added to the game that require that adventure rank.

Each weapon and character needs different materials to ascend. Go to level them up and select "ascension preview" or whatever it's called to see what you'll need and where you can find it.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
There are recipes for stamina refilling food, you can see the various foods and what they do here: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Food

Northern Smoked Chicken is probably the best one for what you'll have access to right now, depending if you can get into Stormterror's domain already.

Also, by collecting the floating Anemo green air crystal things and Geo yellow earth crystal things in the overworld, you can give them to statues to permanently upgrade your stamina bar.

okay cool. well honestly im breezing through enemies atm so a challenge would be alright instead of just mashing x x y y x x x and then i suck

SilentUser

I got Zhongli and another Chongyun in a single roll yesterday. Pretty happy, because I'm pretty much the most unlucky guy out there lol

Top Bottom