• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Otherwise they'd have to explain that he was a big part of the revival of Osial and was planning on stealing Zhongli's (who is alive btw) Gnosis. Probably easier to just lie.
Oh right, he played a part in that Osial thing.

Follow up question. Why did they lie to Xinyan and didn't kill Childe on the spot?

Pejo

Oh right, he played a part in that Osial thing.

Follow up question. Why did they lie to Xinyan and didn't kill Childe on the spot?
Childe was semi-redeemed in the eyes of the traveler during the character quest where he left his child brother in the care of his enemy and fucked off to a deadly robot factory with everybody.

It makes sense in anime terms.

BlackM1st

Banned
Why did they lie to Xinyan and didn't kill Childe on the spot?
Because Traveller is so over all of this nonsense and frankly doesn't give a F about anything or anyone except for her/his sibling. It was Paimon's idea after all.

Tart is hilarious to Traveller I think. Funny little monkey.
Xinyan is a literal nobody. So... eh? Why bother?

As for the event itself, yeah, it's fun. I also liked a proper story telling and use of side characters. Finally small indi company decided to up its production values. Same with the previous cooking event. Speaking of characters Xinyan is just there. Girl has a mindset of a child with all dat RnR obsession. I liked her reaction towards Tart tho. She calls him her bro lol

Gameplay wise I went through the dungeon like a hot knife through butter. 2 floors wasn't enough, I wanted to stay inside with Tart haha

Didn't used any items or healing stations because each arena took around 10 - 15 seconds.

Childe was semi-redeemed in the eyes of the traveler during the character quest where he left his child brother in the care of his enemy and fucked off to a deadly robot factory with everybody.

It makes sense in anime terms.
Yeah, kinda this, but in reality I think our protagonist just can't be bothered.

I really enjoyed our initial idea of not interference into Inazuma civil war. We were like "lead me to your leader or I'm out". Nothing indicated that the Traveller really cared about resistance or internal politics of Inazuma. It's all on Paimon for the most part lmao She gets us constantly involved.

I like the event, and I like that they finally included Xinyan (even though they did her dirty anyway with how she's been ignored) but I still think it's baffling that they chose to have this event that takes place in Inazuma focus entirely on characters that have no business being there. It would have been a lot cooler if Yoimiya, Ayaka, Sayu and/or Thoma were part of this. Those are characters I want to spend more time with right now, not those randos from overseas. It's a nitpick, but it's affecting my enjoyment regardless.

There's also just some stuff with the writing I dislike. When you meet Xinyan she acts all friendly like we've known each other for a while, but... how exactly? She was briefly introduced in the previous event, but even there she acted like she knew us. I've had her since release, but just pretend you don't have her in your roster. You've never met this girl at any time during the main quest. This friendship comes out of nowhere, it's really strange. Another thing I think is lame is when Paimon says Childe is the strongest one in the party. No he's not? I didn't see him do a damn thing. At least make him part of the event as a trial character or just show him fighting baddies. Show, don't tell. It breaks immersion.

Pejo

Man the new event in Genshin is good, and the new Honkai patch is amazing. MHY taking up all my gaming time today.

BlackM1st

Banned
No he's not? I didn't see him do a damn thing. At least make him part of the event as a trial character or just show him fighting baddies. Show, don't tell. It breaks immersion.
They showed a bunch of paper left after his fight with monsters.

Plus, he singlehandedly wrecked an army of robots in his quest and well, he's also a weekly boss lol You can say he's our sparring partner.

Those are characters I want to spend more time with right now, not those randos from overseas.
Word. But...

Yoimiya, Ayaka, Sayu and/or Thoma

...is not on a banner and cannot be given to us for free. At least I think that's the reasoning behind it. Stupid, but that's MiHo logic IMO.
Just be happy that this dungeon is not located on the Golden house backyard lmao

They showed a bunch of paper left after his fight with monsters.
He was just sneaking about the entrance when we found him. He could've been lying about defeating those enemies for all we know. Seems to be the only thing he's good at. Also dying a lot during weekly boss fights, he's good at that too. But I mainly meant at the end of the domain, when Paimon goes "WOW LOOK AT HIM GOING TO WORK" when that hasn't been shown at all. It would've been cool if you saw him fighting in adjacent rooms as you progress though the domain, but that's just too much work for poor old MHY I guess.

BlackM1st

Banned
but that's just too much work for poor old MHY I guess.
Are you crazy? Making proper scenes would have cost mihoyo money.
This. 2 billion is not enough. Damn, it's nice to be filthy rich and be basically untouchable.

It's not gonna change until Square (lol) or any decent Jap dev will decide to step up and bring a proper GI killer.

Because like it or not, but so far GI is the best GAAS game on the market. FF14 is epic, but ffs you can't even buy a subscription for it on PSN, let alone play on mobile and do it for free.

By the time Jap devs awake, MiHo will be busy working on "GI2: Geo Lord Legends".

Pejo

This. 2 billion is not enough. Damn, it's nice to be filthy rich and be basically untouchable.

It's not gonna change until Square (lol) or any decent Jap dev will decide to step up and bring a proper GI killer.

Because like it or not, but so far GI is the best GAAS game on the market. FF14 is epic, but ffs you can't even buy a subscription for it on PSN, let alone play on mobile and do it for free.

By the time Jap devs awake, MiHo will be busy working on "GI2: Geo Lord Legends".
I wish some JP company would take a stab at it. Not S-E though, they're just terrible these days. I don't know if Capcom has the chops for it, but they'd be a company big enough that makes quality products that I'd like to see give it a try. Maybe DW/Type Moon (the FGO guys) can subcontract out their billions and give it a shot, but I don't think DW itself has enough skill to make an actual game. They certainly have the capital and the IP to do it with though. Imagine Genshin Impact but without the CN censorship and set in the Fate universe. It would absolutely rake in money hand over fist.

BlackM1st

Banned
Imagine Genshin Impact but without the CN censorship and set in the Fate universe. It would absolutely rake in money hand over fist.
This.

FGO is absolutely massive to my surprise.

Also Phantasy Star Online and Sword Art Online can be a great candidates too IMO.

Unfortunately PS O brand power is almost non existent and SW O people prefer to milk the IP with subpar 7/10 releases.

To me it looks like most Japanese companies just doesn't want to bother as long as PS2 level console games or F2P Chibi projects is still profitable.

My only hope is that GI will become SO MASSIVE that it will basically eat profits of those games too People can't whale in 10 different gacha games so sooner or later Japanese publishers should feel the GI heat.

YukiOnna

I wish some JP company would take a stab at it. Not S-E though, they're just terrible these days. I don't know if Capcom has the chops for it, but they'd be a company big enough that makes quality products that I'd like to see give it a try. Maybe DW/Type Moon (the FGO guys) can subcontract out their billions and give it a shot, but I don't think DW itself has enough skill to make an actual game. They certainly have the capital and the IP to do it with though. Imagine Genshin Impact but without the CN censorship and set in the Fate universe. It would absolutely rake in money hand over fist.
DW definitely wouldn't. Their Sakura Wars debacle showed they'll never extend further than that and FGO Arcade isn't exactly a master work as fun as it is... SE would have been fine had their existing GaaS (Avengers) not been such a shit show.

BlackM1st

Banned
SE would have been fine had their existing GaaS (Avengers) not been such a shit show.
LOL, word.

So many wasted resources, money and opportunities...who gives a shit about Kamala Khan if you can give people some nice looking waifus, make billions AND own the IP rights AND be creatively free AND work on your own pace. Square is a bunch of incompetent idiots. Going west was their stupidest idea ever.

YukiOnna

LOL, word.

So many wasted resources, money and opportunities...who gives a shit about Kamala Khan if you can give people some nice looking waifus, make billions AND own the IP rights AND be creatively free AND work on your own pace. Square is a bunch of incompetent idiots. Going west was their stupidest idea ever.
Still think they should sell off their western acquired studios, but here we are with GOTG.

Bamco could easily do it considering the amount they generate, but they seem content with their business model. The SAO games end up being above average anime licensed titles sadly.

Pejo

Still think they should sell off their western acquired studios, but here we are with GOTG.

Bamco could easily do it considering the amount they generate, but they seem content with their business model. The SAO games end up being above average anime licensed titles sadly.
Bamco is very frustrating. They do good work in their games for like 60% of it, but then the last 40% is always trash. Like Scarlet Nexus, Code Vein, all of the anime licensed arena fighters etc. Great designs/art, gameplay is serviceable to good, but then they all have this level of what I can only describe as "Bamco jank". Like they refuse to spend an extra few months making them not seem like cheap knockoffs of other franchises or having low budget corners cut everywhere in the final product. It's hard to describe but you know exactly what I mean if you played any of those games.

YukiOnna

Bamco is very frustrating. They do good work in their games for like 60% of it, but then the last 40% is always trash. Like Scarlet Nexus, Code Vein, all of the anime licensed arena fighters etc. Great designs/art, gameplay is serviceable to good, but then they all have this level of what I can only describe as "Bamco jank". Like they refuse to spend an extra few months making them not seem like cheap knockoffs of other franchises or having low budget corners cut everywhere in the final product. It's hard to describe but you know exactly what I mean if you played any of those games.
Yup I do and honestly they can do so much more with their work if you look at their portfolio (Idoru, Gundam, SAO, Tekken, etc.) that I'm shocked they haven't decided to expand further or do it at the same quality as Capcom.

...In the end only Capcom works.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah. Companies like SEGA are in a weird position after all.
pinocchio-dead.gif

Pejo

They actually just reopened one of their big arcades again recently. I wish they'd let (read force) Atlus to do PC releases of their games and then focus on arcade type games, their strength.

Anyways, I finally got the final mission from Akase Shrine for "The Narukami Trail". Not nearly as sad as I imagined, but also not very "final" for a final quest. You end up in the exact same spot plot wise as when you start the quest. Kinda lame tbh, that was a great opportunity for a tearjerker scene.

YukiOnna

They actually just reopened one of their big arcades again recently. I wish they'd let (read force) Atlus to do PC releases of their games and then focus on arcade type games, their strength.

Anyways, I finally got the final mission from Akase Shrine for "The Narukami Trail". Not nearly as sad as I imagined, but also not very "final" for a final quest. You end up in the exact same spot plot wise as when you start the quest. Kinda lame tbh, that was a great opportunity for a tearjerker scene.
They are also developing that "SUPERGAME" which is some European Studio FPS? If only they'd invest that money into a game that plays on what they're good at we could have some great competition.

BlackM1st

Banned
Damn, I might actually have to level Benny sometime to try this out. Elemental burst build for bestgirl™

I don't get why MiHo keeps him so broken without nerfing him or doesn't release other heroes like him if they are OK with his performance.

It doesn't make any sense when Sara releases full year later and still can't achieve similar results while GI meta continues to be "just use Bennett lol".

YukiOnna

I respect your opinion but i hate all of the "casual" art. It's all real-world stuff that's hella lame. The Paimon/Traveler(s) casual promo art sucked too. Every time I see it, it's inevitably followed by some retard going, "OMG 'character' GOT DAT DRIP!!!1!!"
Nah, I know how you feel to some extent. Stuff like the Shanghai Fes art is kind of a waste while the patch promo art is always great.
Those kinds of replies get easy block from me.

BlackM1st

Banned
I respect your opinion but i hate all of the "casual" art. It's all real-world stuff that's hella lame. The Paimon/Traveler(s) casual promo art sucked too. Every time I see it, it's inevitably followed by some retard going, "OMG 'character' GOT DAT DRIP!!!1!!"
Yeah, but no...

96m68p9r5ox61.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
yTVCFKg.jpg

8Kb40t0.png
Not the first time it happens.
K8Tdx.gif
It was happening to me during initial Inazuma release. I'm surprised it's still a problem.

Also, new event is fun and all, but my God, such dreep feeding of content is a little disheartening. 2 day wait in between the stages? C'mon now... Other than that I have no complaints. Give me more fighting!

Cleared it with: Klee, Jean, Baal and Geo Lord.

Never used any cards or healing stations. Even Jean can be dropped I think, but eh, she's a nice failsafe to have in case of random "Oh, shit!" moment.

Fuz

Banned
Help me out with some math, since I'm mathutistic.
How many F2P primos are we gonna get from today until Itto's banner?
I'm close to pity and I'm so tempted by Childe :messenger_confounded:

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm so tempted by Childe
game of thrones wink GIF

How many F2P primos are we gonna get from today until Itto's banner?
Was it ever enough to pull on 2 back to back banners? Besides, why would you care? It's all random and regardless of what you have you will still want to pull for characters you like.

Or just pick 1 out of 2 and be done with it.

Both are terrible, so idc, but good luck lmao

P.S. At least Tart has some unique passive skill
P.P.S. He is still bad

BlackM1st

Banned
Man, I need to stop reading Reddit comments. Just a non stop bitching about lewd outfits (on Noelle lol) and wish for more covered female heroes/cute boys to F.

h2lrJWb.jpg

WTF

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Well, I do want Childe, I like his kit and I always liked dual weapons. I only hate that horrible elemental skill cooldown. But my top priority is Itto.
I have 141 wishes right now.
69 nice pulls done, so with a bit of luck just one multipull for Childe. But I would reset my pity.

My trigger finger is itching.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Well, I do want Childe, I like his kit and I always liked dual weapons. I only hate that horrible elemental skill cooldown. But my top priority is Itto.
I have 141 wishes right now.
69 pulls done, so with a bit of luck just one multipull for Childe. But I would reset my pity.

My trigger finger is itching.
With events and stuff you should be able to hit pity again given how long the banners are. So I guess drop a 10 roll? Only problem is if you miss the 50/50.

Top Bottom