• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Have there been any signs of Yae Miko being on a banner someday? I looked for leaks but the only results I get are other people asking the same question as well as those bullshit clickbait articles that have no information whatsoever.
With patch 2.2 getting re-runs, the earliest she could come is 2.3 (which is slated for late november). Not much is known about that patch yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it contained at least one more re-run, resulting in a similar situation to the Venti -> Childe -> Zhongli -> Eula period. I don't think they'd do four re-runs in a row because that would just kill any excitement for the game.

If 2.3 introduces a new character, Yae is the most likely to appear because she's already voiced and animated. I would expect her to come out before Ayato, Itto or others who've been mentioned but not shown. The timing would also make sense with her being a shrine maiden and 2.3 overlapping with new year's. That's just speculation though.

Pejo

Poor fishwife....

First 24h in CN

pt1qn554t1p71.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Damn that dropoff. Loli-bomber, Starbucks and Ride the Lightning the only good characters. Surprised Ganyu was so low considering how great they actually are.

Pejo

Damn that dropoff. Loli-bomber, Starbucks and Ride the Lightning the only good characters. Surprised Ganyu was so low considering how great they actually are.
Good.

Star Trek Ok GIF

I also think that after such high selling banner most people have no resources and/or waiting for known and proven re-run heroes.
A guy in the comments put it best: "breaking 2 records in a single update"

yeah i only did 10 pull, might do another one with free wishes - can't risk since I don't want to miss Ganyue second time

I want to make team with geo as main element so Noele+Ning as shield+heal+main dps but i'm not really sure what should go into remaining two slots ?

Last edited:

Pejo

yeah i only did 10 pull, might do another one with free wishes - can't risk since I don't want to miss Ganyue second time

I want to make team with geo as main element so Noele+Ning as shield+heal+main dps but i'm not really sure what should go into remaining two slots ?
Should save for Zhongli if you want a Geo team. He's core in a few different ways. The resonance effect is 15% extra damage while shielded, extra shield strength, and 15% geo damage buff. So as long as you're shielded, any big dps character can work in such a team, so any of the Pyros/Physicals/Cryos really. Double Geo is my favorite resonance overall. You could also load up 2 Pyros for double resonance. So like Ning/Noelle/Klee/Xiangling. That way you can use the Pyro DPS or just use Ning as main DPS with the extra 25% attack.

Lupingosei

Banned
I will wait as well with Kokomi atm.

I think I want her, but I also want to pressure Mihoyo into finally moving their ass and fix her and also fix the birthday stuff.

Pejo

I think I want her, but I also want to pressure Mihoyo into finally moving their ass and fix her and also fix the birthday stuff.
As somebody that has her, there is no reason to pull her from a gameplay stance. Barbie is just flat out better as a water element healer. Noelle is better as a damage tanker/healer. And they're both free.

Only pull for waifu reasons, unless she gets significant buffs (lol yea right).

BlackM1st

Banned

bold GIF

MiHo is on suicide watch

sweating key and peele GIF

Seriously though, I bet MiHo knows.

No way they are oblivious to people's demands. It's just I don't know what they are thinking with some of their banners/"celebrations".

To me they look and feel pretty disconnected from the actual core players and comes of as a bunch of money hungry suits who couldn't care less about the game or the playerbase as long as gacha is profitable.

Maybe I'm biased and judge them too harsh, I dunno, but I really don't believe that they're actually CARE 🤔

Pejo

bold GIF

MiHo is on suicide watch

sweating key and peele GIF

Seriously though, I bet MiHo knows.

No way they are oblivious to people's demands. It's just I don't know what they are thinking with some of their banners/"celebrations".

To me they look and feel pretty disconnected from the actual core players and comes of as a bunch of money hungry suits who couldn't care less about the game or the playerbase as long as gacha is profitable.

Maybe I'm biased and judge them too harsh, I dunno, but I really don't believe that they're actually CARE 🤔
There have been some surprisingly insightful posts on reddit regarding their strategy. They made the launch characters so good, that they are worried about running themselves into a hole. You can see it a lot with characters like Yoimiya, Kokomi, and Sara. They're all worse characters than what came before them with increasingly obtuse mechanics because they want to differentiate them from the launch characters, but not make them as universally good. This is a big problem for players because it means that new characters will always have something neutering their kits so they aren't "too good" anymore. Yoimiya has strong ST damage, but no AoE at all(despite shooting exploding arrows), and she cannot make use of her own Burst at all, forcing you to switch to a subDPS. Kokomi has -100% crit so you can't do big dick vapes all day, and her whole kit revolves her being up for only 10 seconds during her burst, then fucking off until it's ready again. BUT - her DPS is so much worse due to no crits, that there's no benefit to using her for those 10 seconds when you could just pop Barbie's ring and switch back to Klee and keep fucking shit up. Sara is pretty obvious, but she's a pocket buffer for Shogun's burst, and that's it. Not even for Shogun in general, just her burst, because shogun does no Electro damage on her own (her skill is independent for her) without the burst, and the buff only lasting 6 seconds....which is like 2-3 seconds short from the entire duration of Shogun's burst to begin with, because it lasts 7 seconds, there's 1-2 seconds for character swap, and it doesn't snapshot for some reason.

Even Ayaka was built with neutering reverse melt in mind. Her attacks happen so quickly and "overwrite" pyro effect so instead of one massive damage reaction hit like Mona, you get 30 little hits and only 1-2 of them actually invoke Melt.

It's a big problem if they keep developing characters this way, because it's only going to get worse and more limiting. They probably see it as a good angle for them, since characters only working with certain other characters supposedly gives people a reason to keep pulling new characters. In truth, though, it's just going to lead to people not pulling and continuing to use Benny/Xingqiu/Xiangling on every fucking team from now until the game ends.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I know it is not much, but if pulls stay low, they will probably act more likely. In hope, the Chinese players resist for a long time.
Resist? Nobody is resisting anything. Nah man, everyone who wanted, already pulled the trigger. Demand for her is really non-existent, no way her sales numbers will grow. Only way for her is down, all the way to the bottom. I kinda shocked, but not THAT shocked. Wonder what MiHoYo is thinking rn lol

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Lupingosei

Banned
There have been some surprisingly insightful posts on reddit regarding their strategy. They made the launch characters so good, that they are worried about running themselves into a hole.
That is exactly the wrong way, they should create new characters who interact in a very fun way with each other. For example, the whole Inazuma crew is under Raiden's banner, and everybody brings something new to the table. Raiden should have been first and after that all the other characters, like Kokomi reacting with Raiden's ability to increase her healing, you could even make a fun lore point around that, why this happened. Not make them stronger, make them different and people would have chosen those new characters because it adds something new. Create new teams around the archons. The Liyue people should have done the same under Zhongli and Mondstadt with Venti or as a lore kicker with Jean, because of Venti's commitment to freedom.

And then you could create certain special characters, the buccaneers with Beidou, Xinyan and Kazuha for example. You could have so much fun with that. Klee taking less damage with Jean in her group or Sara making 10% more damage with Raiden Shogun in her group.

Last edited:
There have been some surprisingly insightful posts on reddit regarding their strategy. They made the launch characters so good, that they are worried about running themselves into a hole. You can see it a lot with characters like Yoimiya, Kokomi, and Sara. They're all worse characters than what came before them with increasingly obtuse mechanics because they want to differentiate them from the launch characters, but not make them as universally good. This is a big problem for players because it means that new characters will always have something neutering their kits so they aren't "too good" anymore. Yoimiya has strong ST damage, but no AoE at all(despite shooting exploding arrows), and she cannot make use of her own Burst at all, forcing you to switch to a subDPS. Kokomi has -100% crit so you can't do big dick vapes all day, and her whole kit revolves her being up for only 10 seconds during her burst, then fucking off until it's ready again. BUT - her DPS is so much worse due to no crits, that there's no benefit to using her for those 10 seconds when you could just pop Barbie's ring and switch back to Klee and keep fucking shit up. Sara is pretty obvious, but she's a pocket buffer for Shogun's burst, and that's it. Not even for Shogun in general, just her burst, because shogun does no Electro damage on her own (her skill is independent for her) without the burst, and the buff only lasting 6 seconds....which is like 2-3 seconds short from the entire duration of Shogun's burst to begin with, because it lasts 7 seconds, there's 1-2 seconds for character swap, and it doesn't snapshot for some reason.

Even Ayaka was built with neutering reverse melt in mind. Her attacks happen so quickly and "overwrite" pyro effect so instead of one massive damage reaction hit like Mona, you get 30 little hits and only 1-2 of them actually invoke Melt.

It's a big problem if they keep developing characters this way, because it's only going to get worse and more limiting. They probably see it as a good angle for them, since characters only working with certain other characters supposedly gives people a reason to keep pulling new characters. In truth, though, it's just going to lead to people not pulling and continuing to use Benny/Xingqiu/Xiangling on every fucking team from now until the game ends.

I think there might be special anti-Inazuna bias due to China-Japan history. They didn't want/were too scared to make Japanise characters better than what is obviously China inspired region ones.

But if they keep releasing boring stuff i'll pretty much have everything that i care about after Yae. So i might switch to chasing constellations and 5* weapons instead.

LOLCats

Banned
Shiiiiiit i want rosaria cons and at wish zero towards next pity and i wont even do a pull on this banner.

side note: got my first 5star constellation from standard banner... its C1 Diluc. Woulda preferred a weapon but atleast its not qiqi.

Last edited:

Pejo

And now, I really don't know how to say it, but behold:

FF14 x Nier Collab
Everyone and their mom has had a Nier collab by now unfortunately. I think FFXIV already had a collab with them too, where you could at least get 2B's/9S's outfits, maybe without the story bits. This is as exciting as the KFC Genshin collab to me.

YukiOnna

Putting waifu reasons aside (main reason I roll anyway) I feel like they made extra effort to make what is essentially a 3 star character because it's the "anniversary banner" and slightly easier to get with the free 10 Intertwined fates.

BlackM1st

Banned
Everyone and their mom has had a Nier collab by now unfortunately. I think FFXIV already had a collab with them too, where you could at least get 2B's/9S's outfits, maybe without the story bits. This is as exciting as the KFC Genshin collab to me.
VB4ASgB.jpg

New raid, completely new story, decent loot and a buttload of sweet outfits? Yeah, totally the same as the KFC glider

Episode 1 Joey GIF by Friends

And "everyone and their mom" doesn't include Genshin Impact, man. Instead you got what? An email with useless Aloy?

Pejo

VB4ASgB.jpg

New raid, completely new story, decent loot and a buttload of sweet outfits? Yeah, totally the same as the KFC glider

Episode 1 Joey GIF by Friends

And "everyone and their mom" doesn't include Genshin Impact, man. Instead you got what? An email with useless Aloy?
I'd prefer Genshin didn't get collabs instead of crap like Aloy, so I get you there, but Nier is old news:

Double Arrow L.pngDrakengardApril 22, 2010NieR is a spin-off of Drakengard.1
Arrow R.pngTheatrhythmApril 24, 2014Music from NieR is present in Theatrythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.2
Arrow L.pngDragon QuestFebruary 23, 2017NieR: Automata has a weapon from Dragon Quest.1a
Arrow R.pngMonster HunterMarch 01, 2017Monster Hunter Frontier Z features a weapon and items from NieR: Automata as part of a special collaboration.1a
Arrow R.pngPhantasy StarMarch 2017Phantasy Star Online 2 features downloadable weapons and costumes from NieR: Automata.1a
Arrow R.pngGravity RushMay 05, 2017Costumes based on NieR: Automata characters are downloadable in Gravity Rush 2.2
Arrow R.pngSpelunkerAugust 05, 2017Spelunker World includes costumes based on NieR: Automata.2
Arrow R.pngFinal FantasyNovember 08, 2017Characters from NieR: Automata appear in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius during special collaborations; additionally the music of Nier is present in Theatrythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call while music from the Nier series can be heard on the radio in Final Fantasy XV.1
Arrow R.pngStar OceanMarch 29, 2018Characters from NieR: Automata appear in Star Ocean: Anamnesis as a collaboration.1
Arrow R.pngSoul (Namco)December 18, 20182B from NieR: Automata is a guest character in SoulCalibur VI.1
Arrow R.pngValkyrie ProfileFebruary 27, 20202B appears in Valkyrie Anatomia for a collaboration event.1
Arrow R.pngSINoALICEJuly 16, 2020Characters from NieR Automata appeared in SINoALICE during a special collaboration.1
Arrow R.pngWar of the VisionsDecember 23, 2020Characters from NieR Automata appeared in War of the Visions during a special collaboration.1
Arrow R.pngPunishing: Gray RavenJanuary 8, 2021Characters from NieR Automata appeared in Punishing: Gray Raven during a special collaboration event.1
And those aren't even all of the games, like the soulless cash grab gachas that never break 50k players that had 2B inserted.

It's the town bicycle as far as collabs go, and I even like Nier a lot. FFXIV itself is one of the most soulless theme park gear treadmill cashgrab games of all time. I despise that game, and I played it back in 1.0 and then a bit into ARR, tried out some free return periods since then. It's WoW with a weeb coat of paint, and along with WoW it ruined MMOs likely forever. FFXI was 1000x the experience as FFXIV.

I wasn't saying necessarily that the content parity is the same as the KFC glider, btw, just that it invokes the same level of excitement to me.

BlackM1st

Banned
I wasn't saying necessarily that the content parity is the same as the KFC glider, btw, just that it invokes the same level of excitement to me.
Ah. Totally get ya now!

You're just a ff14 hater who is also burnt out of all dat B2 ass 🤝

Nice to meet ya ☺

I personally adored FF14 ARR. Fat chokobo is so bae

434.jpg

Unfortunately Square is absolutely incompetent with its account/online services/PSN integration etc. so I never got any of the DLC and from what I heard DLC was very good.

Pejo

Ah. Totally get ya now!

You're just a ff14 hater who is also burnt out of all dat B2 ass 🤝

Nice to meet ya ☺

I personally adored FF14 ARR. Fat chokobo is so bae

Unfortunately Square is absolutely incompetent with its account/online services/PSN integration etc. so I never got any of the DLC and from what I heard DLC was very good.
Hey hey, don't misunderstand, I will NEVER burn out on 2B's ass. But you're probably right that my disdain for FFXIV has evoked that negative reaction from me. That screenshot is peak "what I don't like" about FFXIV.

"Hey Kids! Remember when Final Fantasy was good, Remember Fat Chocobo? Well we're not going to make anything like it ever again, so choke on this nostalgia" Most players probably don't even know which game he came from.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic so I'll stop.

Pejo

Boy, I hope they have some killer events for the 2nd half of 2.1. These expedition events aren't even really events. I know we have something coming up that gives us that HILARIOUS fish sword, but is there anything else big that I'm missing? Is Liyue festival 2.1 or 2.2?

434.jpg

Ah, that picture brings back memories. That was right after 2.0 launch when the pre-order bonuses (including the Fat Chocobo mount) started to get sent out.

As for your account woes, yeah PSN can be a bit of a mess when it comes to XIV. I remember having issues buying Heavensward because I didn't buy XIV on PS4, I bought it on PS3 so the license transfer didn't work properly or something. Long story short: I just switched to the PC version and never looked back lol

Edit: Oh shit I thought this was the XIV thread. Uhhh something something Genshin

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Boy, I hope they have some killer events for the 2nd half of 2.1. These expedition events aren't even really events. I know we have something coming up that gives us that HILARIOUS fish sword, but is there anything else big that I'm missing? Is Liyue festival 2.1 or 2.2?
There should be this treasure hunt

BlackM1st

Banned
yeah PSN can be a bit of a mess when it comes to XIV. I remember having issues buying Heavensward because I didn't buy XIV on PS4, I bought it on PS3 so the license transfer didn't work properly or something.
Yep, exactly. I pre-ordered it on PS3, played it there but then Square had like 1000 bundles released, messed up something with PSN store and I stopped caring about it. Plus, explain me how it's even possible to not have a subscriptions available in PSN store? Ridiculous.

Regardless, it's actually Genshin Impact related as in I had really high hopes for Square to make a proper Japanese GI clone(with actually good designs and proper collabd), but looks like Square can't be bothered and prefers to leave money on the table while simultaneously shoving its head in its own ass.

Apparently failing banners isn't enought for MiHoYo to change their ways and only the real competition can shake them 🤔

HILARIOUS fish sword
I hope it's Ayaka's brother best weapon lol

There should be this treasure hunt

What? Again? Didn't we just had 1 with electro fairy?

Pejo

You mean the Prototype Amber? Right that could work.
Unless you're planning on using her as an Elemental Burst DPS/healer, I'd recommend Thrilling Tales. At least for now until you get her properly leveled or built. She can be level 1 and still provide the same buffs for both the Milelith set and the Thrilling Tales buff.

Its Free Real Estate GIF

Top Bottom