• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

What version will give us the new country?

I want to increase my stamina.
1.7 or beyond, based on what we're seeing currently. I think there's a good chance that Inazuma comes before Chasm though, and then they bring us back to Liyue after, like they did for Dragonspine and Mondstadt.

Fake

1.7 or beyond, based on what we're seeing currently. I think there's a good chance that Inazuma comes before Chasm though, and then they bring us back to Liyue after, like they did for Dragonspine and Mondstadt.

Is taking so long to add a new country. Want to explore places again and workship the statue.

Aenima

What version will give us the new country?

I want to increase my stamina.
1.6 i think. They might released it by fases though. So probably will start in 1.6 and they keep ading more locations of the region in other updates.

Last edited:

Pejo

1.6 i think
Something as big as a whole new continent would have been leaked already with the 1.6 beta started. As it is, we're only seeing beginnings of flavor text stuff and references to Inazuma. There would be an influx of new NPCs, items, etc. Not just a handful. Unless MHY is playing it extra safe and not releasing the Inazuma portion of 1.6 into the beta at all, it's likely not happening until after.

Still thinking it's gonna be 2.0 with my Chapter 2 theory.

1.6 is supposed to be the small Chasm area. Basically Liyue's Dragonspine.
I actually agree with this, but it's going to be a lot of shitty patches unless they just skip ahead to 2.0 whenever Inazuma is actually ready, and don't make us go through 1.8/1.9 to get to 2.0.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I actually agree with this, but it's going to be a lot of shitty patches unless they just skip ahead to 2.0 whenever Inazuma is actually ready, and don't make us go through 1.8/1.9 to get to 2.0.
It's a gacha game. Of course they are.

Saber

Gold Member
There's gonna be a bunch more from 1.6 still, beta literally just started last night into today.

It looks like no Chasm or Inazuma for 1.6 though, so temper those expectations. Also, since Kazuha will be the first Inazuma banner, we're likely to get a rerun as the 2nd, so no Ayaka for at least 3 more patches.

Hang in there Ayaka-bros.
Be Strong Season 9 GIF by The Office

I caaaan't lmao *dead

YukiOnna

Dev build was 1.5, with Eula/Yanfei and the housing stuff. The new stuff today is from the 1.6 beta which started just recently.
I was wondering because if it's just the beta then a lot less will leak if they don't have access to the dev build. At least from my understanding it'll be more controlled.

crumbs

I was getting bored, so I decided to do the last ascension quest. Of course, since I spent so much time at AR50 WL6, I bumped right to AR 55 upon completing the quest. This meant skipping WL 7 and going right to 8, although the difference between 7 & 8 is minimal. Bosses are Lvl 93 and are now guaranteed a 5 star artifact drop. My main DPS units seem to be handling themselves, so far the main difference is the battles last a bit longer.

Added bonus was the 6 blue wishes from completing the ascension quest (2) and for each AR level reward (4). After all that, I was able to pull .... another soon-to-be-unused Lions Roar on the permanent banner :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

I already hate it. Please take me back to the first one lmao
The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't automatically check off your already made recipes from the list. So you gotta go back through the collection indoors to see what you have already crafted, then go back outdoors to craft something else. They could have just simplified it and let you know if you already made a piece of furniture when you put the materials up. Ah well, free stuff.

YukiOnna

The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't automatically check off your already made recipes from the list. So you gotta go back through the collection indoors to see what you have already crafted, then go back outdoors to craft something else. They could have just simplified it and let you know if you already made a piece of furniture when you put the materials up. Ah well, free stuff.
I think the web events bother me due to how needlessly click-y they can be. Navigating can be a pain for no reason and the Wanmin one was particularly annoying about that. But yeah, furnishings and 100+ Primogems at least.

Nice.

Saber

Gold Member
Another event I can't participate, how wonderfull.

Have to remember to offend those clowns in the feedback page.

Fuz

Banned
How fucking stupid is that the daily check in resets at 5PM but those web events reset at midnight?

Fucking asian game companies always have to make things super convoluted.

Pejo

If it's like the last one, they'll push it out for Playstation users in a month and barely announce it in a small corner of hoyolab. Not sure why they do it this way.

Anyways, here's Rosaria from the beta before she had fishnets added. I kinda like both. Toggle fishnets feature when MHY!?

BlackM1st

Banned

If it's like the last one, they'll push it out for Playstation users in a month and barely announce it in a small corner of hoyolab. Not sure why they do it this way.

Anyways, here's Rosaria from the beta before she had fishnets added. I kinda like both. Toggle fishnets feature when MHY!?

Event is up on PS5. Need to scan a qr code again.

crumbs

Lmao, PS5 exclusive fog effect? Seriously? Haha. Anyway, good to know that more updates are coming. Loading times are really grea too.
The loading times do look pretty impressive.

I didn't really understand what he was talking about in the video - There's exclusive version of a mountain peak in Liyue for the PS5 version?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The loading times do look pretty impressive.

I didn't really understand what he was talking about in the video - There's exclusive version of a mountain peak in Liyue for the PS5 version?
Yeah. I used captions and he said exactly that. So PS5 got wings, a sword and now an exclusive mountain peak overhaul. Most random exclusive feature yet lmao.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Loading times seem very impressive from watching the videos.
My 2nd account is on Ps4/5 and I am def excited to see the changes in the ps5 native version.

Pejo

With the leaks from Capcom all but guaranteeing that there is no cross-save on PS5 with the other platforms due to Sony and their shit policies, I really couldn't be assed with the PS5 version. It's nice for those that played on PS4, but Sony's policies of late have really soured me on their platforms. Also most of the censorship is probably co-opted by Sony. Well, whatever made it past the CCP censors I guess.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Just put Genshin on SSD on your PC and you have better PS5 ver. /PCMasterrace
The loading times in that video are faster than all of my monster rigs.

I have several machines with PCIE 4 nvm drives (and supporting motherboards). The load times on my pc's compared what what is in that video is slower...that is why I am interested in checking out the PS5 version.

I plan on comparing it stock 4k rez on a 60 hrz panel with my PC's compared to a PS5 on the same panel.
One of my PC has a Samsung Pro 980* NVME in it (reported to have similar speeds as the PS5 nvm....we shall see)

Last edited:

crumbs

Yeah, the loading times in the preview video are definitely faster than on my PC. I've had GI installed on both my SATA SSD and NVME PCIe 3.0 drive and the PS5 loading looks quite a bit faster.

I should also note that I didn't really see any loading time improvements when switching between my 2 SSDs, which tells me there is some other limitation that keeps the game loading from scaling with SSD speed. Never mind, I just did some testing and the loading times are better on the PCIe 3.0 drive.

What I've noticed on PC is that loading within a sub-region is significantly faster, so maybe the PS5 version is taking advantage of the fast SSD and RAM and allowing for a larger portion of the map to be cached or preloaded. Hopefully the PC version could also see these optimizations. Right now, the game does well to hide it's mobile roots, but it would be nice to see it take advantage of better hardware.

Last edited:

Dregnel

This isn't Honkai but are you serious...

context:
they deleted the bunny girl video, a video featuring girl dancing with bunny outfits and the chinese community were mad because they didn't have this video in china because apparently the company was afraid of censorship, it was only a video, not skins but this event was only to the western audience, the chinese community was mad because they can't have these kind of videos so they started a boycott...china being trash nothing new.

the funniest part about this is well they got 10 free pulls and the global audience that was affected will only receive 500 crystals which is not equivalent to 2 pulls.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Cute but what wasted potential for a character slot. A better Pyro support skill than Gouba was all she needed.

Tbh, I'm fine with support. I think all my pyro characters are more of support/shield breaker than damage dealers.

Pejo

This isn't Honkai but are you serious...

Are you kidding me? That bunny video was great. God damn whiners ruining everything. I get the feeling that this is going to start happening to Azur Lane too.

For reference, here's what they got butthurt about:

NPmesjZ.jpg

I also downloaded the video, fuck them.

crumbs

Word. Something you expect to see in "character creation tool" as a basic preset. Popsicle boy is 100x times more interesting and flashy.
For both style and utility, it's tough to top Ganyu for a cryo elemental burst, but it's like they didn't even try for Eula. Devs are probably banking on her character design to drive wishes on her banner.

Top Bottom