• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genji - IGN Review

Solid

old?

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/650/650052p1.html

9.0 Presentation
Sony kept all the original Japanese work intact. This is a very thoughtfully presented game.
9.0 Graphics
Genji features picturesque villages, lovely gardens, excellent animations, terrific particles and a generally fantastic sense of style. If only the slow-time animations were fluid.
9.5 Sound
We're suckers for cinematic orchestral tracks with feeling and so we're suckers for this. Effects are clear and the original Japanese voices sound great, too.
6.0 Gameplay
Genji's primitive hacking 'n slashing incorporates an instant kill mechanic, but that interaction is always preset, so the game feels terribly constraining and scripted.
5.5 Lasting Appeal
Even though it's possible to play through again focusing more on either one of the two main characters, there's little reason to. Genji is also no more than five or six hours long.
7.0 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Very disapointed. While I didn't keep up with the game too much I was hoping it would garner some great scores to coax me into buying it, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Bebpo

Banned
Reilly said:
so the only thing that sucks about this game is that it's a hack and slasher that ends rather quickly

And that it's really shallow and easy :\

It's worth buying when it drops to $10-15 or renting, but not really worth full price at all.

Solid

7.1 @ Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/genji/review.html

This is a decent first effort from Game Republic, but it doesn't do much to distinguish itself from all the other third-person action games. The story isn't particularly engaging, and the characters aren't developed enough to make you really care about them. Genji looks and sounds great, and the play mechanics are solid enough; but the game is way too short to make it worth more than a rental.

Miburou

There's not much more to say, really. Artistically, the game looks stunning at times, and the music is really good. But the gameplay is merely average and the game is too short. I think 7 is a perfect score for this game.

belgurdo

Banned
^Didn't Peter Main make a complaint about this when scouting companies for Xbox development?

And the worst thing about this game? This shite is what's keeping OZ held back in the US

ourumov

I had promised I would buy it...And I'll have to do it...But Okamoto...please...do your homework next time ! You are the king of the gameplay !

Top Bottom