• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Remember When Xbox One Almost Lost the Console War?

Is coming in third place sales wise a win??? I suppose it is a win somewhat in the fact that they didn't leave hardware. But when a competitor can have one of the worst sales generations in the history of their business and then outsell your system, that had a few years lead time to sell, shows the opposite.

Romulus

Like every generation, Xbox is in last place and Gamespot is handing out participation awards.

The original Xbox outsold the gamecube despite being more expensive and an unknown gaming brand.

But I agree with many in this thread, the Xbox one was one of the worst consoles I've ever owned. Underpowered, shit exclusives, terrible UI. Hated everything about it for the first 2 years. 360 was a solid attempt despite its faulty hardware and I prefered its exclusives over ps3(which isn't saying much imo).

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
BreakableDeliciousCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Barakov

D9kFCwq.gif

They lost before it was even released. That's how badly the fucked up. It's only been in the last couple of years before they've been able to get some people back.

RayHell

PS fan here. I'm glad Xbox is back and focused on games. It's gonna be a good generation for us gamer.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They did. Xbox is almost dead now. It's so dead even great new console is not exciting.
I really hope it will be great again

Last edited:
Outside of the exclusives, the console is absolutely fine. Just a textbook example of an unsuccessful marketing plan.

Fingers crossed they can rebound with this one.

- looks nervously at the new Xbox' name -

Ascend

The Xbox has lost many battles, but the war is still going. The Xbox One could have literally killed Xbox forever. That did not happen.
Losing the console war means you stop making consoles altogether, like SEGA.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
They did. Xbox is almost dead now. It's so dead even great new console is not exciting.
I really hope it will be great again
I hope Microsoft don't market the XSX with 'Making Xbox Great Again'. It would lose the console war fairly handy.

Top Bottom