• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFly lists Darksiders 1 coming to Wii U, PS4, and XBO

Won't be surprised if Nordic are doing these releases to build interest for Darksiders 3. That or they think that since they have the IP, might as well do something with it for now.

They know it's probably worth more than all their other IPs combined, but it would be very, very hard to do well and still profit off it.

kuYuri

I'm actually kind of hyped for a Darksiders Definitive Edition or whatever this ends up being called. Like DS2 DE, I hope the PC version gets some extra love, since the original version is pretty much a straight up console port with only resolution and V-Sync as options. I mean, it runs great on most machines these days, but could still use some new graphical options and tweaks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Darksiders port for Wii U/XOne/PS4 has been confirmed today by Lundborg (Nordic Games co-founder). It's coming on Q4 2016 with brand new merch, with an estimated release on 25th October for PS4 version.

Here's the source:

http://www.nextn.es/2016/07/nordic-games-remasterizacion-darksiders-wii-u-ps4-xbox-one/

I have seen on Gonintendo that at East for wiiu it should cost 20$
Day one for me. I have the sequel for wiiu and I dont have the 360 version on this anymore

MuchoMalo

Banned
I just don't see the point of the Wii U version beyond making the DF analysis more entertaining. Just because Wii U had a version of DS2 that sold like 10 copies, or do they have plans for a DS3 possibly and want to make an NX version of that?

I just don't see the point of the Wii U version beyond making the DF analysis more entertaining. Just because Wii U had a version of DS2 that sold like 10 copies, or do they have plans for a DS3 possibly and want to make an NX version of that?

Well 2 did get a reprint on wii u so it cant have sold that terribly and i cant imagine this port will have cost that much to make and will probably appeal to zelda fans so releasing it on wii u does to me at least make sense

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Darksiders II as I got it for about 26p in the Humble Bundle, how's the first compared to it? I really loved DS2.

ShogunX

As good as the original Darksiders is, this all feels a little bit like beating a dead horse at this point. I know the first game isn't available on current gen systems but they seem determined to squeeze every last drop of money they can from the series.

DayEnder

I just finished Darksiders II as I got it for about 26p in the Humble Bundle, how's the first compared to it? I really loved DS2.

I preferred Darksiders 1 to 2, but I played them in that order. Darksiders 2 had some nice refinements, but overall I wasn't a huge fan of how weapons/inventory was implemented.

Darksiders 1 reminded me of an N64 Zelda game (in a good way), if that makes any sense.

Well, being that the publisher is releasing the game for Wii U, you're clearly wrong about it not selling well. They're obviously privy to information that we're not and that it did sell decently, at least enough to make a port of the first game make sense financially. I really fail to see the point in your post?

Darksiders port for Wii U/XOne/PS4 has been confirmed today by Lundborg (Nordic Games co-founder). It's coming on Q4 2016 with brand new merch, with an estimated release on 25th October for PS4 version.

Here's the source:

http://www.nextn.es/2016/07/nordic-games-remasterizacion-darksiders-wii-u-ps4-xbox-one/

That's great news of there being a release date. Surprised they have haven't shown a trailer for it. October isn't too bad of a wait -- 3 months away!

I'm glad the original is getting ported to current gen consoles because it felt odd only having the sequel ported. I actually picked it up on the PS4 it this past week and have found it to be very enjoyable so far. Haven't played the first one yet, but I'll definitely check it up for $20. Love the art style.

WiiU0706

Darksiders 2 sold the best on PS4 with Wii U in second then Xbox One dead last, and to this day the Wii U version has sold over 100K

Fredrik

I preferred Darksiders 1 to 2, but I played them in that order. Darksiders 2 had some nice refinements, but overall I wasn't a huge fan of how weapons/inventory was implemented.

Darksiders 1 reminded me of an N64 Zelda game (in a good way), if that makes any sense.
Yup, Darksiders 1 was called Dark Zelda for a reason, same key gameplay mechanics with the accessories and searching for a map and boss key etc, but a much much darker world.
Darksiders 2 was still Dark Zelda but was less clunky and the action played more like God of War.
I thought both were great 8-9/10 games but just like you I preferred 1.

Doctre81

Bingo.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Totally agree on the weapons system, it felt so clumsy and it was the only real negative for me.

EDIT: Totally misread Darksiders as Darkness, lol. Funny that both games apparently have weapon system issues. Now I'll go hang my head in shame :(

So not sure if this was brought up yet...what are can we expect the graphics to look like on Wii U? Darksiders 2 was a Wii U port at launch and had its issues but understandably. Should we expect a game that looks better than the originals on ps360?

well we can expect it to be vsynced at least this time, but will be surprised to see any other improvements as it looks like this will be budget priced so don't expect any more than minimum effort

DieH@rd

Banned
If I remember correctly, Darksiders 1 and 2 are both running from the heavily modified engine of Relic's Space Marine game.

KevinCow

Banned

Here's the source:

Awesome. Will buy for Wii U and PS4.

Is it going to be digital only, or can I get a disc?

Darksiders 1, compared to Darksiders 2:

- No loot system
- No leveling up or stats like an RPG
- Combat isn't quite as good
- Platforming isn't as good
- No real open world to explore; instead, there's kind of a central area with a bunch of linear branches leading to the different dungeons
- You don't even get your horse until like halfway through the game, and there's only one big empty area to ride him around in
- Better story; DS2 is kind of a meandering side story about Death doing fetch quests for everyone, while DS1 is... well, it's also kind of a big fetch quest, but it's told better, it feels like it's actually moving the story forward, and it has an epic ending
- Fewer dungeons, but they're more distinct from each other
- Fewer optional side dungeons and side bosses
- Can't hold L1 and repeatedly mash R1 to make War say, "I have to go alo- This is no place for a hor- I have to go alo- This is no place for a horse," which was obviously a vital feature in DS2.

If you loved DS2, then you'll almost undoubtedly love DS1. They're both excellent games. Two of the best of last gen. I desperately hope we get a Darksiders 3.

Tizoc

Awesome. Will buy for Wii U and PS4.

Is it going to be digital only, or can I get a disc?

Darksiders 1, compared to Darksiders 2:

- No loot system
- No leveling up or stats like an RPG
- Combat isn't quite as good
- Platforming isn't as good
- No real open world to explore; instead, there's kind of a central area with a bunch of linear branches leading to the different dungeons
- You don't even get your horse until like halfway through the game, and there's only one big empty area to ride him around in
- Better story; DS2 is kind of a meandering side story about Death doing fetch quests for everyone, while DS1 is... well, it's also kind of a big fetch quest, but it's told better, it feels like it's actually moving the story forward, and it has an epic ending
- Fewer dungeons, but they're more distinct from each other
- Fewer optional side dungeons and side bosses
- Can't hold L1 and repeatedly mash R1 to make War say, "I have to go alo- This is no place for a hor- I have to go alo- This is no place for a horse," which was obviously a vital feature in DS2.

If you loved DS2, then you'll almost undoubtedly love DS1. They're both excellent games. Two of the best of last gen. I desperately hope we get a Darksiders 3.

You forgot one more thing:
More Liam O'brien as War

sono

Love this franchise. I am mad that the PS4 port of DS2 has screen tearing on what is otherwise a great game.

Hope they do a good port for DS1 and cant wait for any DS3 announcements

Top Bottom