• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game genre that your friends are surprised you like?

Im a 100% action games, fighting games, beat'em up, hack'em slash, action rpg, platform, racing games...

THEN

They see on my shelves all cooking mama games (and other cooking games), rhythm games like miku and taiko no tatsujin.

They say "you like those shit game?"

Then i say "hey no more one word, cooking mama rocks"

They "yeah right lol"

--

Any similar situation happened to you?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Kind of opposite end, I'm fan of courtroom drama movies and also really like over the top personalities in my characters, I even surprised myself why I haven't got in to Ace Attorney series sooner.

Last edited:
So im into this chicken egg farming game atm and my kid is trying to get me into scp 4000 instead and im like nahhhh man chicken egg farm is no.1.
She didnt really expect me to play egg farm more as much.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Gran Turismo.

I'm totally not into cars or racing games, but man I can geek out on GT something fierce. Always suprise people with trivia or facts I get from the game too.

GT7 please be good.

spawn

My co-worker only plays sports games and GTA. He sent me a friend request on ps4 and saw my trophy list. Didn't believe that I really play all of these games and is interested to try these games that he has not heard of.

Last edited:
Nothing really, my friends know my interests are pretty wide genre-wise in any medium so I don't think anything really surprises them.

Im open to every good game. If its fun, im in.

I love all genres, but this thread is about that guy who question you for like some specific genre.

It's a common thing in a gamer life...!

What friends

b8e7e58b407f52a3004efcdbdb623f30.gif

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Whatever Catherine was.

You all motherfucker should be grateful for friendly community like this. If you can find yourself a friend (besides most of you probably crying about being friendzoned too or did in the past)

Dark Star

Stealth games.

I like them. A lot. None of my friends are good at them, and they think I'm a freak when I perform a 100% ghost/non-lethal playthrough of Hitman or Dishonored or whatever is currently installed on my PS4 when they come over to chill lol.

Same thing with Soulsborne games.

They just can't wrap their heads around how I start NG+ and then proceed to kill 4 bosses in the span of 20 minutes haha. Practice makes perfect (not "PRO speed-runner" perfect, but pretty good IMO). None of them play Souls because it's not a story-driven cinematic experience that spoon-feeds you everything in a cohesive/linear way. It's all cool... I have fun playing Uncharted, too.

Last edited:

njean777

Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy. Most of my friends play madden, COD, Apex, ETC. So they are like WTF I never even took you for a JRPG person lol.

Top Bottom