• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

All right, all right.

Such wit and bite. I'm not scared of hunting newbies. And the bolded is so lazy when that's hardly the case. The second half of the swamped circle formed around an odd post and my tailing of squidy is all grounded in this thread. Matt's tailing of Terra is also all grounded in this thread. I'm not getting the "fresh to the mafia game" vibe from you.

For some reason I didn't register that this was aimed at me yesterday. I have played mafia, but it was in like middle school and that was ages ago. I've lurked games on other sites but never actually played.

The list I made last night seemed to kind of get discussion. I'll give Ouro the real life card but leave him on the list. Terra and GC both did talk a bit last night but said so little that I don't feel like removing them (and I do enjoy pestering GC :D) and Star has just straight up ignored me in favor of being sarcastic instead of commenting on the proceedings so far. I was originally going to vote for Terra next to help apply the pressure because his odd defense of Swamped before she had even posted didn't sit right but other people are voting for him for that and I'm still waiting for him to answer so I'll do this instead.

VOTE: StarSketch

Maybe this can be some incentive to add your two cents to the thread.

I wasn't being sarcastic though. Outside of the "Being quiet is a scum tell" thing, that entire post and the one after it were 100% straightforward.

Anyway I slept on last night's proceedings, and to be honest, I'm wondering why Squid decided to defend me of all people. Like everyone has pointed out, I've posted very minimally, and you can't really get much out of an inactive player. However, Squid is not only defending me, but defending himself as well in the process...

I'm just saying I've got a good feeling about StarSketch, and the most you can glean from that is that we're probably not scum together, the unsolicited high praise read on a player who's play I wouldn't even know would be pretty fucking stupid if she's a scum teammate of mine. So either I'm scum putting out a real statement using the certainty of my perfect knowledge, or neither of us is scum and I'm actually just good at getting reads, or she's scum and I am bad at reads.

I'm thinking that Squidyj is trying to use me as a shield to keep people from guessing he's mafia. Like, replace my name with pretty much anyone else's and most of this paragraph holds true. The only difference is that because I'm so quiet, and because I'm new no one has a lead on me yet, so it's harder to contest.

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Things aren't really adding up when it comes down to what you did early on. That coupled with you dodging some questions and not really explaining the 'why' of the whole Swamped thing isn't really helping you out. I would like to see the questions that are targeted towards you answered please.

So here's a question for the audience, what do you think the mafia behaviour would be if Sorian and I are two town?
if Sorian is scum?
if I'm scum?

If you were both Town? I could see Mafia picking a side early on and sticking with it but never really being an 'active' part of the debate or wait, sideline for a bit, and then jump in towards the end and split their votes between the you two in hopes one of you will be voted out. Either way I could see subtle pushes to try and get one of you voted out.

Sorian or Squidy were scum? Same thing, pick a side and stick with it but don't be active in the debate. I don't believe all the Mafia would pick 1 side of the debate, they would split their vote to make it harder to follow.

roytheone

Not a whole lot is jumping out at me. So far it's been a lot of early-game feeling out, wherein scum is mostly indistinguishable from Town. I commented on the Sorian/squidy thing, which is kinda the only thing of note to comment on. The immediate pile on swamped was kinda weird, but it was so early and so obvious that I don't think it's much a scum tell. I wouldn't say they're all necessarily Town, either.

Splinter's been standing out, lots of aggression. Could be overcompensating, or it could just be his style.

I really don't have a strong feeling on anybody right now, sorry. I'm not the type to play around with my vote; when I put one down, it tends to stay there. It's not quite the time to make that commitment, but I promise you I will commit before the day is over.

This post is really not helping with my feeling that Rats is kinda watching from the sidelines, waiting to see how the day goes before he posts something concrete where he can be accountable for.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Terrabyte getting scummier and scummier.

Defending his early post on post Swampwagon. Fair I guess but I don't think that post becomes interesting until after you flip scum.

"Starting to mellow" on an RNG vote is weird. RNG seems like a pretty mellow position to begin with.

First of all, that mellowed out was in reference to this post:
Some interesting discussion going on right now, nothing is really screaming at me at the moment though.

I think I'll leave my vote as is for now to keep some pressure on Swamped as I'm not convinced enough to switch. That being said, I can definitely see myself switching later today.
I didn't care for swamped's initial post, so I waited to see what she would do. Her follow ups did better plain and simple.

Votes for Roy to apply pressure while saying "HEY ROY DONT WORRY THIS VOTE IS JUST TO APPLY 'PRESSURE'" (it doesn't work like that).
IT'S DAY ONE! What do you want me to do, go full Darryl? At this point, every vote is just to apply pressure, we don't have the information to do otherwise.

Finally "I'm going to remember not to label anyone confirmed town... even though I know you're all town because I'm scum"

VOT-
Actually, where did I leave my vote?

Thank you for at least having the decency of posting a vote, you have no clue how much it bugs me to see passive aggressive attitudes in this game when it comes to suspicion. If anyone has a problem, come right out with it already.

Sorian

Banned
All right, all right.

For some reason I didn't register that this was aimed at me yesterday. I have played mafia, but it was in like middle school and that was ages ago. I've lurked games on other sites but never actually played.

I wasn't being sarcastic though. Outside of the "Being quiet is a scum tell" thing, that entire post and the one after it were 100% straightforward.

Anyway I slept on last night's proceedings, and to be honest, I'm wondering why Squid decided to defend me of all people. Like everyone has pointed out, I've posted very minimally, and you can't really get much out of an inactive player. However, Squid is not only defending me, but defending himself as well in the process...

I'm thinking that Squidyj is trying to use me as a shield to keep people from guessing he's mafia. Like, replace my name with pretty much anyone else's and most of this paragraph holds true. The only difference is that because I'm so quiet, and because I'm new no one has a lead on me yet, so it's harder to contest.

I'm going to direct this question at you but anyone can answer because I don't think anyone except a scum squidy could know the answer. Why choose you, of all people? I know you brought up that you were new and there were no prior reads from old games for you so it makes sense from that point of view, but anyone reading the thread knew that you had posted once at that point (twice but one was before game start) and the one post was just disagreeing with random voting, not really a whole lot to gauge from. So why would he try to make a read on a player that should have been impossible to read?

Like I said: I'm thinking that he's Mafia and trying to cover himself by making a read that's uncontestable.

so:

VOTE: Squidyj

It's tentative, but it's all I've got right now.

Ourobolus

Banned
First off - this is true:
RetroMG said:
Ourobolus (General) - Ouro's a clever player and shouldn't be underestimated. His posts so far have mostly been unrelated to the game as a whole, and related to flavor or humor. (I loathe the term "fluff.") That doesn't mean he's not paying attention, it mostly means he's biding his time.

Anyway, now that I am unfettered by the stress of interviews and murdering the GOP, here's what I've got so far:

1.Ourobolus - The towniest town that ever towned. Also soon-to-be Microsoft shill.

2.ScraftyDevil - Honestly she's been pretty aggressive so far. I don't think that's atypical (though I didn't follow Cthulhu as much as I should have). I somewhat understand the immediate vote on swamped because she's pretty damn good at blending in, but something about Scrafty's tone about the whole thing seems a little off to me. It's still day 1 so I'm totally fine with being off-base, but for now...GUT: Scum

3.Matt Attack - Ok, I lied. When I spun the wheel, it landed on Matt. Totally scum. Anyway, Matt's been pretty quiet other than his very short post regarding TB, but nothing is screaming scum at me yet. I do take issue with Retro's assessment of Matt's posts, though - it's a very odd one. GUT: Town

4.RetroMG - As I just mentioned, Retro made a very weird assessment of Matt's posts:
RetroMG said:
Matt Attack - He's throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
It was one vote and a short post about it. I hardly call that throwing stuff at the wall. Granted, it's day 1, but it's still kind of a weird thing to say, kinda overblowing what Matt was doing. GUT: Scum.

5.Rats Off To Ya - I actually agree with Rats' assessment of the squidy/Sorian situation. Something is off about it. I consider both players to know how to act like town at the outset, so I'm not sure we're gonna get much out of it on Day 1 just yet. More on that when I get to them. GUT: Town.

6.roytheone - Pretty inoffensive so far. I share his feelings on the possibility of lynching StarSketch. Hell, AC was my first game and I was mafia, so it's totally possible. Other than that, I don't have much to go on. GUT: No idea

7.Coppanuva - I don't have much experience with Coppa during the AC game since I murdered and ate him on N2, but he seems to be a pretty competent player based on the Cthulhu game. So far he hasn't said a whole lot with substance, but then again, I don't think there's a hell of a lot to go on. GUT: Town

8.Royal_Flush - Voted for me because he's an asshole. :p But really, nothing sticks out so far. Don't have a thought either way just yet. GUT: Dunno

9.*Splinter - Also voted for me because he's an asshole. :D I have the benefit of seeing Splinter's mafia game from the moderator perspective. Now, he's pushed hard on squidy for a bit, but like I said, squidy has been acting weird (though not necessarily "scum-like"), so I don't really blame him. GUT: Town

10.Sawneeks - Inoffensive as well so far. I get the voting for Terra, but even her big post about Sorian/squidy/swamped didn't have a whole lot of substance or even a real conclusion. GUT: Town

11.Terrabyte20xx - Has definitely been acting weird, but mostly with his focus on swamped. I'll get to more on that in a minute, but it reads to me like scum trying to deflect on town. On Day 1 it's still just as likely that it's a townie trying to make sure they themselves aren't lynched, so it's not definitive or anything. Still...GUT: Scum

12.GreatCharleston - Has posted an entire 4 times so far, and nothing of much substance. Gives kudos to Rats and Sorian, but still, nothing really standing out yet. GUT: Dunno

13.squidyj - squidy is being squidy, but there's something dodgy about his posts. I get that he's trying to goad people into giving information which ISN'T A BAD THING. I'm not getting a scum vibe, but there's something going on here that I need more time to parse. I do think that there's something to go on between him and Sorian, but for now I'm leaning Sorian. Also this part of his post is weird to me, but I think squidy's smart enough to not say something so stupid if he were actually scum:

squidyj said:
I also want to say that I am pretty sad I didn't get to be scum this game :(

GUT: Neutral?

14.Swamped - I think swamped is a smart enough player that her "Defense" of those players early on would be a dumbass move for Mafia to make if she was actually trying to protect her teammates. Now I could get all WIFOM and assume she knows that and is purposefully trying to "defend' townies to get people to lynch them, but I don't think she'd throw herself under the bus like that. GUT: Town

15.Sorian - Sorian is being Sorian, too. I don't know if I'd know the difference between town and scum Sorian just yet, but the thing is I think Sorian also knows squidy is smart enough not to do what I mentioned above. I feel like he's tunneling squidy for some really, really strange reason. GUT: Scum?

16.StarSketch - Like I said before, I have no issues with voting on a newbie if they are acting scummy. Sure, it resulted in a jailer kill before, but looking back on what I had to go on, I don't regret it. That said, Star has been really, really quiet, and while I can understand the suspicion in squidyj "defending" her, I also find it odd that she would use that as a reason to vote out squidy. GUT: Dunno

Now I realize I have four people pinned (or close to) as Scum, which I think is probably high. I'm thinking there are 3 scum and maybe 1 or 2 neutrals here. So I'm fully ready to admit I am wrong down the line, but these are just gut reads.

Sorian

Banned
Like I said: I'm thinking that he's Mafia and trying to cover himself by making a read that's uncontestable.

so:

VOTE: Squidyj

It's tentative, but it's all I've got right now.

Seems too easy don't you think? Did something super scummy and then hid with the newbie with a sick read when there was no sick read to be made.

13.squidyj - squidy is being squidy, but there's something dodgy about his posts. I get that he's trying to goad people into giving information which ISN'T A BAD THING. I'm not getting a scum vibe, but there's something going on here that I need more time to parse. I do think that there's something to go on between him and Sorian, but for now I'm leaning Sorian. Also this part of his post is weird to me, but I think squidy's smart enough to not say something so stupid if he were actually scum:

GUT: Neutral?

15.Sorian - Sorian is being Sorian, too. I don't know if I'd know the difference between town and scum Sorian just yet, but the thing is I think Sorian also knows squidy is smart enough not to do what I mentioned above. I feel like he's tunneling squidy for some really, really strange reason. GUT: Scum?

I'll just quote us together since I've done such a grand job of linking our fates.

First, what is it with me "tunneling?" How am I tunneling squidy? Has no one noticed that I've been on StarSketch all day today (as in all day Friday). First squidy and now you Ouro, you're reaching for a tired offense to pin me down and it feels weird.

Past that though, let's talk about squidy and I. Let's get super meta on it. squidy is a smart dude, squidy knows how to play town. squidy probably also know how to play scum well even though he hasn't personally done it. He also knows that he has said some weird shit that people were going to jump at. He's also made weak attempts at defending himself, like to the point of attacking me instead of my points. I don't mind all that though, its just suspicious. Let's take it all at face value then. squidy knows he is being suspicious, he doubled down on being suspicious when I called him on it, and he has gone out of his way to ask others to analyze the fight between me and him. Think on it for a bit and then base your vote on your thoughts.

Now me, I know how to play town, I know how to play neutral, I know how to play scum. You aren't going to get far trying to read me because all 3 sorians are the same, to the detriment of all of them, I play them all the same. But what can you gather from my interaction with squidy? I went hard and then stopped, maybe there was a reason there. Again, I think you should think on the answer and use your vote to say how you feel.

----------------------------

squidy asked a question earlier. What would scum do in the following situations:

both squidy and I are town
squidy is scum, I'm town
I'm scum, squidy is town
both scum

Some people have answered and I'd like to see squidy's answer too but I'd like to throw my answer now as well (others should still answer). I think, in all 4 scenarios, one of the scum would have chosen a side, voiced support for that side but not provided much evidence at all and definitely would not have pushed the point. If only one of me or squidy was scum, I think the one scum player I am talking about would have pushed against their teammate to look good if they ended up flipping.

Ourobolus

Banned
I know you've gone in on StarSketch as well, but I currently don't see the merit just yet. She's posted all of what, three times? I do have my suspicions, but I don't think I need to act on them just yet.

both squidy and I are town
squidy is scum, I'm town
I'm scum, squidy is town
both scum
Sure, why not.

1. Scum would largely ignore your argument. If this is the case, we should be looking at the people who don't seem to give a shit.
2 & 3. I think one of these may be the case. Again, we don't have a lot of evidence to support either way, and I don't have anything myself other than just a feeling that something strange is going on.
4. Also a possibility, but I think it would be really weird to have scum try to bus one another for town cred on D1.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, my main reason for voting for Scrafty and not you is that I AM considering the options. I don't know which way to go on both you and squidy just yet. Again, I feel like something is there, but it's not enough for me to go on D1.

RetroMG

I'm been trying to figure out what the problem was with my read on Matt Attack, and I think I see the confusion. When I said he's throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, I was talking about his vote on Terrabyte, which (as previously noted) had been referred to as a bandwagon with Squidyj.

What I was trying to say was:
"Matt is most likely not bandwagoning with Squidy. Matt is throwing his vote there to see what happens, and will probably move it later."

He says as much here.

We don't have much to go on since its Day 1, so most of these votes aren't likely to actually stick. Still, we have to start somewhere.

Which is where I got the "seeing what sticks" comment.

Honestly, I worded that incredibly poorly. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorian

Banned
Re-reading my post, I should mention that voting for neither squidy nor I is, of course, an option and a perfectly valid one. I see that my post could read as me trying to THUNDERDOME us together but that isn't the case here. I can actually say that I am more than 50% sure that I won't be voting for squidy at this time when day end comes. That being said, the reason I said to let your vote decide on whether you trust squidy or I is because I think both of us are getting closer to a critical place where one of us might have to talk more about our own roles and I'm trying to have a good gafia day 1 not a role claim crazy day 1.

RetroMG

Re-reading my post, I should mention that voting for neither squidy nor I is, of course, an option and a perfectly valid one. I see that my post could read as me trying to THUNDERDOME us together but that isn't the case here. I can actually say that I am more than 50% sure that I won't be voting for squidy at this time when day end comes. That being said, the reason I said to let your vote decide on whether you trust squidy or I is because I think both of us are getting closer to a critical place where one of us might have to talk more about our own roles and I'm trying to have a good gafia day 1 not a role claim crazy day 1.

My gut says one or the other of you is scum. It's too early to say which, so I'm not going to go after either of you for right now.

UNVOTE

squidyj

I know you've gone in on StarSketch as well, but I currently don't see the merit just yet. She's posted all of what, three times? I do have my suspicions, but I don't think I need to act on them just yet.

Sure, why not.

1. Scum would largely ignore your argument. If this is the case, we should be looking at the people who don't seem to give a shit.

That's interesting, why do you say that?

Sorian

Banned
Voting for GC is SO Call of Cthulu. We're past that. ;)

Maybe.

Apologies for being accusatory then, I thought you were unvoting someone unrelated to squidy and I because I could have sworn you had already changed votes away from me. It seems I was misguided because Launch changed your vote awhile ago because I know I looked at that sheet hours ago and the only vote on me at the time was Ouro.

squidyj

I still really want to hear from

Matt_Attack
Coppanuva
Charleston Chew
Royal_flush

about how they think mafia would act with respect to sorian and myself
I also would like everyone to give some top scum and town reads, I'm not expecting them to be solid and I realize they might change but at this point you should have something you can summarize.

roytheone

I STRONGLY disagree with this. Scum will use this to get some distance between them. One may sit back a bit, but all three? No chance. IMO, one will sit back, one will be in camp sorian and one in camp squidyj. They will not all three do the same thing, that is way to dangerous.

Sorian

Banned
My top 3 scum and top 3 town will be coming tonight when I am home from work and can gather my thoughts from the thread easier.

Ourobolus

Banned
Humor him. Why would they be ignoring the argument?

Scum, during the day phase, would rather Town kill themselves. Why get involved when Town can do it for them?

I STRONGLY disagree with this. Scum will use this to get some distance between them. One may sit back a bit, but all three? No chance. IMO, one will sit back, one will be in camp sorian and one in camp squidyj. They will not all three do the same thing, that is way to dangerous.

I'm not saying ALL scum will do it, but there may be one or two that do. They tend to coordinate so that they don't all do the same thing.

Have we all forgotten the Karkadorian Gambit? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't scum stay the fuck away from that mess?

The thing I didn't want to say last night was that squidy may have been trying something similar. Baiting people with obviously scummy behavior and seeing what shook out.

Sorian

Banned
Have we all forgotten the Karkadorian Gambit? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't scum stay the fuck away from that mess?

The thing I didn't want to say last night was that squidy may have been trying something similar. Baiting people with obviously scummy behavior and seeing what shook out.

Not at all actually. Roy was scum during the karkadorian gambit and he's already weighed in on his thoughts:

I think I am probably in the best position to answer the first question, since I was scum in NX and with kark/launch we pretty much had the EXACT scenario of two townies going pretty aggressively against each other. What I did there was choose a side (Launch in my case), support him, agreeing that Kark was indeed suspicious, but never be one of the more vocal persons against Kark. This way, after Kark was lynched and flipped town, I wouldn't be the one that got the most blame, and if Launch got the blame during day 2 and got lynched followed by a town flip, I could point to that and say: see! I was right, Launch was town!.

squidyj said:
I also want to say that I am pretty sad I didn't get to be scum this game :(

...Wait, right. Forgot he said that. Hmm...

UNVOTE

I'm going to watch him still for a bit, but maybe I should start trying to look at everyone else?

Sorian

Banned
...Wait, right. Forgot he said that. Hmm...

UNVOTE

I'm going to watch him still for a bit, but maybe I should start trying to look at everyone else?

You should most definitely watch everyone else. I can promise you that there is only one possible scum between squidy and I which puts a probable two just hanging about in the shadows.

latest

1.Ourobolus: Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Made some rather perceptive reads, a few minor errors nonwithstanding. Intrigued to see what stations his train of thought makes stops at in the future. Verdict: Town
2.ScraftyDevil: First time playing a day 1. Playing aggressively to test for sensitive spots or test cracks in earlygame facades, but has not come to any solid conclusions yet. Excellent taste in headgear. Verdict: Ravishing
3. Matt Attack: Total radio silence aside from a couple of posts on the suspicious Terrabyte. Not enough to get a read on yet, but women's intuition says he's good. Verdict: Town
4. RetroMG: Similar position as Mattie; not enough information to go either way. Did place a vote on a few suspicious minds, however; will have to keep that in mind. Verdict: ???
5. Rats Off To Ya: Suspiciously quiet and non-committal; possibly trying to hide behind the veil of a "reactive player." Will keep close eye on, but no immediate action must be taken. Verdict: Mafia?
6. roytheone: Seems to share a few of my suspicions. Generally harmless so far. Verdict: Town
7. Coppanuva: Hasn't said much of substance yet. Internal bias leans town, but it's too early to say for sure. Verdict: ???
8. Royal_Flush: Has not yet said anything of interest. Verdict: ???
9. *Splinter: Very headstrong, which could be construed as the sign of a gung-ho townie or a twitchy mafioso. Hasn't done too much aside from go after suspicious minds thus far, so no reason to believe the latter is true yet. Verdict: Town
10. Sawneeks: Very complex. Reasoning alternates between being very on-point and grasping at straws, but her heart seems to be in the right place. Verdict: Town?
11. Terrabyte20xx: Textbook suspicious individual. Swings vote around like a bat trying to hit a pinata. Got a bad feeling about this one. Verdict: Mafia
12. GreatCharleston: Has said nothing of real value thus far, but gives off the worst vibe of the quiet ones for some reason. Verdict: Mafia?
13. squidyj: Very shady indeed. Current most likely candidate for mafia, but could just be trying to bait other slimeballs in a crazy gambit. Verdict: Mafia
14. Swamped: Unsure if behaviour at the beginning of the game was reverse-psychology or just joking around, but doesn't seem overtly shady as of now. Then again, history shows what a master manipulator she can be. Verdict: Town?
15. Sorian: Giving off bad vibes right now. Could be going after Suspect #1 Squidy-poo as an act if they're both mafia, but seems more likely that they're just at each other's throats. Verdict: Neutral/Mafia?
16. StarSketch: No tells detected thus far. Will keep an eye on for now. Verdict: Town

roytheone

A thing that nobody should forget is that scum behaviour will heavily depend on the type of players that end up as scum. To take nx again for example, both me and fire have a pretty reserved play style, we aren't opinion leaders, and Darryl had little time to play. So none of us could play the role of active Towny, because people would probably notice it if me or fire suddenly played completely different. But if squidyj or sorian are scum, they could and will do that. So I want to warn people that put too much stake into "earlier scum teams played like this". Those teams probably had different people in them, so they behaved differently than this scum team will probably play. Keep this in mind.

squidyj

2.ScraftyDevil: First time playing a day 1. Playing aggressively to test for sensitive spots or test cracks in earlygame facades, but has not come to any solid conclusions yet. Excellent taste in headgear. Verdict: Ravishing

Explain to me how you are playing aggressively and testing for sensitive spots or cracks.

Sorian

Banned
A thing that nobody should forget is that scum behaviour will heavily depend on the type of players that end up as scum. To take nx again for example, both me and fire have a pretty reserved play style, we aren't opinion leaders, and Darryl had little time to play. So none of us could play the role of active Towny, because people would probably notice it if me or fire suddenly played completely different. But if squidyj or sorian are scum, they could and will do that. So I want to warn people that put too much stake into "earlier scum teams played like this". Those teams probably had different people in them, so they behaved differently than this scum team will probably play. Keep this in mind.

This is very well reasoned and should be kept in mind by everyone.

-----------------

I want to play switch up here a little bit and be in complete antithesis to what I said about myself before.

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

I said it would be hard to read you and maybe it still is but I might as well pursue when I see something. That read list feels........easy. Anyone that has been mildly suspicious? Sure, mafia verdict. I've read through a lot of scum chats and the good ones have something in common. "You should probably post a reads list, it doesn't need to be too in depth but just enough so people don't suspect you." The reads list bred is always "safe" and those are probably the safest reads I've seen. No controversial opinion in there at all.

Day is ending in five minutes, who would you vote for?

*Splinter

You should most definitely watch everyone else. I can promise you that there is only one possible scum between squidy and I which puts a probable two just hanging about in the shadows.[/]

Whaaaaat

Come on, you two having a day 1 spat is quite unlikely to actually get either of you lynched and you know it. If you're both scum you're employing a bolder strategy than I've seen before, but by no means a bad one.

I don't even think it's the most likely explanations but trying to rule it out altogether is like man what are you even saying you could not be scumming any harder in this post.

The only reason I'm not more broadly accusing you is squidgy has been even weirder.

Also I forgot to grab the quote but you said something about Sorian being Sorian regardless of alignment. I'm sure there are plenty of us who like to think we can do that but it's pure arrogance to actually believe it, and to go from that to "so it's not even worth trying to read me" is another lol-what-are-you-even-saying comment.

Sorian

Banned
Whaaaaat

Come on, you two having a day 1 spat is quite unlikely to actually get either of you lynched and you know it. If you're both scum you're employing a bolder strategy than I've seen before, but by no means a bad one.

I don't even think it's the most likely explanations but trying to rule it out altogether is like man what are you even saying you could not be scumming any harder in this post.

The only reason I'm not more broadly accusing you is squidgy has been even weirder.

Also I forgot to grab the quote but you said something about Sorian being Sorian regardless of alignment. I'm sure there are plenty of us who like to think we can do that but it's pure arrogance to actually believe it, and to go from that to "so it's not even worth trying to read me" is another lol-what-are-you-even-saying comment.

I can make that promise because I know I'm town, take it or leave it.

The purpose of the thing you didn't quote wasn't to tell people to not bother reading me, it was to tell people to maybe go look into why I've moved on from dogging squidy.

Launch, what the fuck, why does the vote spreadsheet say that Retro is voting for GreatCharleston?

He's trying to kill me on the first day. You're all against me.

Voting for GC is SO Call of Cthulu. We're past that. ;)

Maybe.

And yet I made it out to the end with you!

about how they think mafia would act with respect to sorian and myself
I also would like everyone to give some top scum and town reads, I'm not expecting them to be solid and I realize they might change but at this point you should have something you can summarize.

Sorian is gonna be a quick target to go for as usual, a lot of activity + brain storming = easy target to kill to hinder the game for discussion. You're just caught off guard on day one although you too have been making a few amount of posts. I can't really do reads so quickly, it's only the first day, but so far everyone is neutral to me so far putting aside the nature I had for others in previous games.

Are we really done for time already?

Sorian

Banned
I'm saying I don't believe that there was nothing else in the thread (or even just that post) more worthy of comment than a self-read.

That's a weird nit pick? She gave a self-read that wasn't the usual jokey "I'm the towniest town town that has ever towned. Ever." And to be fair, it was a poor assessment of herself.

I might have even commented on it if I had actually read it but I'm just so used to people not saying anything important in their self read.

squidyj

I'm saying I don't believe that there was nothing else in the thread (or even just that post) more worthy of comment than a self-read.

....but you're not going to comment on it yourself, you're just going to expect me to comment on it and label me as scum for not doing it.... when you're not doing it. Meanwhile you're dodging my question.

No, we have until tomorrow. My question for Scrafty was along the line of "if you had to choose now, what would you choose?" Maybe it was worded poorly.

PHEW. Got me scared for a second. I can dedicate myself more to this game for tonight now, I was very lax yesterday so it all makes sense why you'd be concerned about me with only 4 posts in the entire thread.

Top Bottom