• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

squallheart

This is so out of the blue :( he was an amazing man. RIP

Taylor Hawkins, the jovial, ferocious drummer for Foo Fighters, has died at the age of 50, according to a statement from the band.

“The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins,” read the message, which was posted to social media. “His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever.” Foo Fighters are currently on tour in South America and were preparing to perform in Bogota, Colombia, a rep for the band told Rolling Stone

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

Terrible news. One of my favorite bands back in the day.

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever be this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when

Last edited:

Jennings

I've only heard a song or two of theirs in passing, but they seemed like a tight-knit group of like-minded musicians. This must be devastating for the band. I think they're in the middle of a tour as well. I'm sure this has taken everybody close to him by surprise.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Horrible news considering the guy was still relatively young.

I can't imagine what the band is going through right now.

Wow, I can't believe it. I was actually just rewatching a bunch of Foo Fighters music videos last night, and was wondering why Taylor wasn't in the Big Me video (answer: Taylor joined the band a year later after the drummer in the video quit).

He recently got to show off his real acting chops in their horror movie, Studio 666. Apparently he didn't even bother to memorize his lines and still did a great job :messenger_grinning_smiling:

RIP

Last edited:
Damn. RIP Taylor.
sorry i cant help myself
25AxJt.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
wtf.

RIP Taylor

i'm not a big foo fighters fan i like some of their songs but i'm still so upset with this. hope his family and the rest of the foo's are OK. i feel for them all :(

on a slightly positive note i discovered they put out a new album/ep Dream Widow which i'm listening to. i'm really loving it so far.

Gutted 😓
Rest in Peace dude 🤘

Guy could sing! 😞

not everyone can pull off a queen song. he nailed it.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Jesus fuck this hit me hard. Foo Fighters are my favorite band.

I'm just wondering what the hell happened. RIP.

Same. Favourite band of mine and this has come as a massive shock. Taylor was, IMO, one of the best drummers of all time and the band will never be the same without him.

Reactions: Gp1

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This absolutely fucking sucks. The Foos have always seemed like really good dudes. Horrible he’s died so young. And a thought to poor Dave Grohl, who’s lost more friends and talented musicians in his life than anyone should have to.

Gloomnivore

RIP Taylor.

I imagine things will go full circle and there’ll be a final Foo Fighters album in the wake of tragedy with Dave Grohl back on drums at some point but not for the first time his career has come to a devastating halt while in full flow. Death was the only thing that that was going to stop that band at this point.

Scotty W

Gold Member
Tragedy

You gotta wonder how Dave must feel to release something like this on just this day.

Didn’t Taylor die in an excessively brutal manner in that movie?

It is deeply ironic, and not in a funny way, that Dave’s ironic Satanism should blow up in his face at just the moment when it would hurt him the most.

Sleepwalker

Local police report says it's related to substance abuse. He felt pain in his chest and EMS was called but by the time help arrived he was already gone.

RIP. I love FF :messenger_loudly_crying:

RAÏSanÏa

You gotta wonder how Dave must feel to release something like this on just this day.

Didn’t Taylor die in an excessively brutal manner in that movie?

It is deeply ironic, and not in a funny way, that Dave’s ironic Satanism should blow up in his face at just the moment when it would hurt him the most.

Wicked album. Listened to it last night after hearing the news. Haven't seen the movie yet. Crowley's mentioned according to reviews.

The unicursal hexagram isn't exclusively Satanic drama. Commonly attributed to the '7 planets', it's also less commonly related to the 5 elements, and the cube.

Spirit above and below, elements to the 4 walls.

The lyrics to Encino are near introductory instructions from early sources.
Take the fuckin' dagger
Draw the pentagram
Fuckin stick it in the fire

drganon

RIP Taylor. I wasn't the hugest fan of the foo fighters outside of their singles, but they kept up the fight for being one of the few decent rock bands out there in a sea of crappy pop music these last twenty years. Condolences to his band mates, friends and family.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Local police report says it's related to substance abuse. He felt pain in his chest and EMS was called but by the time help arrived he was already gone.

RIP. I love FF :messenger_loudly_crying:
dam, doesn't sound like fentanyl then.. cocaine induced heart attack?

so young and talented, that is horrible. RIP

Top Bottom