• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Hogwarts Legacy running on the Nintendo Switch

Cyberpunkd

Looks abysmal as usual

Nintendo needs to stop releasing shameful ass hardware.

Imagine how much better Zelda would be on a GameCube like machine
Checks how much GC sold
Checks how much Switch sold

Awkward Talk GIF by Holly Logan

Nydius

Given how it would occasionally struggle on XSX and PS5, I'm really surprised at how well those look. Static images only tell half the tale of course, I'll be interested in seeing actual gameplay footage. However, they managed to do some magic (pun unintentional) with the PS4 and XBO ports, and I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get this running decently on the Switch despite the limitations.

That'll do, and it'll sell super well. Imagine the Venn diagram of Harry Potter fans and people who only own a Switch. Gotta be fairly substantial.
I personally know at least four: My cousin and her daughter, and my sister-in-law and her son. All are Harry Potter superfans, all only have Switch consoles, all have been anxiously awaiting this release.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks okay for a Switch game.

This just adds to the argument that the Switch 2 needs to be an absolute beast. I'm talking more powerful than a Steam Deck.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
damn that looks good for the switch..
people seem to forget this is running on a fucking 11 watts machine,
not a 350 watts device like the ps5

kinda like shitting on the Paralympics
it doesn't matter but ps5 takes 200w

Kabelly

this look great. pretty much just lower resolution and nothing scary like mortal kombat. for a portable version it will look fine considering.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
According to the PlayStation Blog, the PS5 disc edition has a power rating of 350Wh at full speed – while running visually-demanding games, such as, say, God of War, Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring etc. – with the console's digital edition coming in at 340Wh. maybe i took the wrong info ! but yeah still lol
Yeah no idea why they state that.
The most DF has measures was 220w on original ps5 and 200w on the later revisions.
probably rated with overhead

yamaci17

it looks better than what I imagined
they did some actual work to make it presentable... compared to this

this is game that is uncompliant with 2 GB VRAM on PC and turns into this.

at least faces are recognizable somewhat in those shots

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
It looks fine for what it is, but I still don't understand why they're bothering with this. Surely they can't expect all that much sales when the game released 6-10 months earlier on every other platform. Should've just cancelled this one and release a GotY edition for Switch 2 at this point.

I'd imagine it would do decent numbers if it were to release in the launch window of the next Switch. Much better than releasing it on Switch now, at the very least.

Comandr

It looks fine for what it is, but I still don't understand why they're bothering with this. Surely they can't expect all that much sales when the game released 6-10 months earlier on every other platform. Should've just cancelled this one and release a GotY edition for Switch 2 at this point.

I'd imagine it would do decent numbers if it were to release in the launch window of the next Switch. Much better than releasing it on Switch now, at the very least.
This. Rather than desperately shoe horning this game into the switch, spend those resources getting ready for switch 2 launch and polish the game to a shine to deliver the experience that fans of the game and the franchise deserve.

Yamisan

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

What were you expecting from the Switch hardware?

Seems to be on par with TW 3, if not better

Screenshots can be misleading, but we will see once we see some footage
Thats not an excuse, this is 2023. Making hardware thats 2 decades out of date and trying to port current gen games to it is a horrible idea.

Lupin25

Thats not an excuse, this is 2023. Making hardware thats 2 decades out of date and trying to port current gen games to it is a horrible idea.

For the devs.

Warner Bros wants the additional Switch sales, but if it plays like crap, it won’t be worth the risk. Hopefully that’s not the case.

They’re probably hoping for situation similar to The Witcher 3 or DOOM Eternal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom