• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 teaser

Will wait for a deep sale next year if the campaign is good, or perhaps get Game Pass on a trial. I usually like the single player for Black Ops.

Codes 208

Gold Member
cold war counts as the 5th
Hence why the whole name is Call of Duty: black ops cold war
k5zV99T.jpeg

US2n1te.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven't bought CoD in back to back years in probably a decade. Ended up getting MW3 this year as a bunch of my friends did (God that was an awful choice). So chances were probably low I would be getting this years. Having it be another Black Ops game is an easy out for me. I'm guessing the hard core CoD fans love these versions but man, I just think they're terrible.

realcool

Hence why the whole name is Call of Duty: black ops cold war
k5zV99T.jpeg

US2n1te.jpeg
Players do not refer to Black Ops Cold War as Black Ops Cold War; they do not refer to it as Black Ops 5; they just call it Cold War. And because the franchise moved away from numbering titles specifically for Cold War, numbering a title for the sequel adds to their confusion. While you're right to point at the box, and you can even point at the main screen, where it clearly states, "Black Ops," the fact that it doesn't have a number associated with the title is what is leading to confusion for some people.

Dazraell

Gold Member
I still have to start the current campaign. Unfortunately, I've only heard bad things about it.
You mean Cold War campaign? It's actually one of my favorite campaigns, at least out of CoDs I've played. Short, but quite interesting with choices shaping the story, fun and varied missions, some side quests with puzzles, etc. Wish it was longer, but I quite appreciated for what it was

Spyxos

Gold Member
You mean Cold War campaign? It's actually one of my favorite campaigns, at least out of CoDs I've played. Short, but quite interesting with choices shaping the story, fun and varied missions, some side quests with puzzles, etc. Wish it was longer, but I quite appreciated for what it was
The one from last year MDW3. But the Cold War campaign is also one of the few I haven't played yet.

Codes 208

Gold Member
The one from last year MDW3. But the Cold War campaign is also one of the few I haven't played yet.
dont bother with mw3, its less of a campaign and more of warzone against bots with objectives and cutscenes

The game wouldve gotten less hate if it launched without a campaign like blops4 did (not that it wouldnt get hate mind you, but the flak from no campaign wouldve been better than the flak they got for a shitty campaign)

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
Be funny if they go for the ultra photorealism style to cash in on the current hype and releasing before UNRECORD (which is still a dumb ass name).
To me it doesn't matter who does it first, I just need them to do it successfully. I think both could succeed given Unrecord seems more tactical and CoD is usually a first person Michael Bay movie.

twilo99

Why even waste time and money on a campaign? It makes no sense. Use that dev time to perfect what’s important: multiplayer.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Shhhh, quiet now codblops, don't bother me again until you have gameplay deets and ingame footage to show.

Oppoi

Hell yeah. These games are great for a mindless romp.

Eagerly awaiting my favorite CoD campaign (Infinite Warfare) to land on sub services soon.
Adamsapple looking forward to COD now that it's published by MS? And on top of that a plug for gamepass? Whaaat?

Top Bottom