• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Producer Teases “Other Platforms” After PC Port

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

So, is it tough for you and the team to say goodbye to all these characters in this DLC?

It’s not over in the sense that we have the PC version. Once the PC version is released, we’re thinking about hopefully moving to other platforms as well. However, that’s not really talking about the story; it’s more about moving it onto different platforms. So, there is a sense that while the project is still going, there is not that sense of being sad and having to leave them yet. But I’m pretty sure that once everything is released and we’ve moved on to the next project, that would be the time where it kind of hits us that, “Oh, it’s really it’s over?”

GJhViVSaoAA75QQ

We recently interviewed Final Fantasy XVI staff at PAX East 2024, namely producer Naoki Yoshida and DLC director Takeo Kujiraoka, discussing the upcoming The Rising Tide DLC while reflecting on the development process of Final Fantasy XVI as a whole.

Interestingly, in response to our question about how the team will feel saying goodbye to the cast after The Rising Tide DLC is released, Yoshida said that they are thinking about moving to other platforms after the PC port. Of course, the natural assumption is that he’s referring to porting Final Fantasy XVI to Xbox.

It’s worth noting that Yoshida did not elaborate on this point further, and based on his wording, this plan may not be set in stone yet, so it’s best to temper expectations.

You can view the quoted exchange below:

So, is it tough for you and the team to say goodbye to all these characters in this DLC?
It’s not over in the sense that we have the PC version. Once the PC version is released, we’re thinking about hopefully moving to other platforms as well. However, that’s not really talking about the story; it’s more about moving it onto different platforms. So, there is a sense that while the project is still going, there is not that sense of being sad and having to leave them yet. But I’m pretty sure that once everything is released and we’ve moved on to the next project, that would be the time where it kind of hits us that, “Oh, it’s really it’s over?”

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

boom suck it GIF

Sounds like Xbox to me. It wouldn't require a lot of effort to port at least to Series X after they bring it to PC. A Switch 2 port would be easier than Switch by far, but still a good deal more effort than a Series X or maybe even Series S version, though it's probably going to happen eventually.

I see the Playstation 5 Pro.

I don't see the Pro as it's own platform, but an extension of the current PS5. Because that's what it literally is.

So specifying "other platforms" to me suggests non-Sony and non-PC systems. And I mean, Series X (& maybe S) would be the easiest port after PC, logically speaking.

XVI will very likely get a performance update for the PS5 Pro but I think Yoshida's suggestion of "other platforms" here means non-Sony & non-PC.

Last edited:

Hudo

Atari ST version confirmed, then. Take that Amiga users!

I do doubt whether it will be as good as Dungeon Master, tho.

Go_Ly_Dow

I could see this coming to Xbox and possibly Switch 2, but it would require a lot of optimisation to get it running on the latter in a respectable state.

Now all platforms can wallow in the stench of FFXVI.

The sheer excitement and high quality writing involving challenging topics such as gathering nuts and garlic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom